What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLANT ill in 10 days from seed

Snype

Veteran
Dok, Your water is 77 degrees F and you need to drop that down to 69 degrees F or your plants are going to get root rot and die fast. You have barely any dissolved oxygen in there.

Dok, before you bought that system you should have done some research on it. You need a water chiller and all the neccesary equipment to run and aeroponics system. It's not looking too good for you right now. I suggest going with soil next time if you don't have a water chiller. Sorry for the news.

Snype

Veteran
"The sides of leafs curling up inside up aswell, which i read is MG deficiency...
I need to add that some of the roots get a bit darker, but i think its becouse ov overfeed what i have done on the begining, but res temp wet up to 24.5celcius twice i remember, but it doest like like pytthium... as new nice white roots starting to grow up from them
What u recon, what may it be ??
"

It says here that your temps were higher (that's 76.1 degrees F). The air stones don't matter if the temps get that high. When temps get that high, there's less DO in the water even with the air stones and things start getting into your water. When 1 plants roots get a problem, they all get the problem and they can die within hours. This is a problem. I suggest you make your way down to the hydro form and do some research on aeroponics. I'm getting too tired for this right now. I'm sorry.

Your roots are getting darker because of what I am saying not because of the nutes. Your roots are supposed to be white. I really think you should go to the hydro form and see for yourself and please to the research. If you can't keep your rez temps below 70 degrees F, then you can't do aeroponics.

dokt0r

it goes to that temp once or twice... and i changed all water straight away... if the temp will go above 24 cecius, doesit mean that i will have root rot in 100% ?
i had my heater on, when it should be on, thats why, i took it off, and temps of water are fine now...
\as u can see on the pictures of roots, they not looking that bad i think...
plus if u can remember, i left my pump of for 8 hours, end roots could dry out a littlebit because of that...
I dont think i have a rot root, a least i think so...

Snype

Veteran
The roots all the way in the back left don't look too good and you have no roots all the way to the back right and that's not a good sign. The thing that I don't understand is how you don't know any of this when you own an aeroponics system. I'm really confused. You don't want your rez temps above 20.55 C. I don't think you have any clue how important that this is.

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
hmmm, do u really think that ec of 0.5 is to high ?? what should i do? use just plain water of ec 0.1 + rhizotonic 20ml/10l and ph downit to 5.5 ?

rhizo at 20mL per 10L, wtf

that's 4 x too strong

rhizo is applied at 0.5mL per litre, or 5mL per 10L

unless applying via foliar feeding, which does not look like what you're doing bro

dokt0r

they not going up to 75F, it just happed once, or twice for few hours, and i changed all water, and clean system...
now temps are at 20-21 celcius.... and i am ading extra 2ml/10L of H2o2

Snype

Veteran
Alright Dok, I understand. Are your roots turing brown? That's all it takes is a few hours of those temps for it to cause problem.

cornflake

Veteran
Hey Snype, well if it really did go 75F+ it sure is possible this caused algal growth on roots, or even the roots started to break down, but I seriously would not have thought a few hours would do that.

Hi dok, sorry for your probs man. OK, Canna Rhizotonic (if that's what you use, and you did say earlier you were on canna before you swapped) is applied at 400 ml concentrate per 100 Liter of water (1:250) (link- http://www.canna-uk.com/node/342).

That's according to the website instructions, but it isn't what it says on my bottle.

My bottle gives several options.

1. cuttings and seedlings - 4mL/L
2. bare root stock - 4mL/L
3. indoor and outdoor plants - 0.5mL/L
4. fruit and flowering - 0.5mL/L
5. stress relief - 4mL/L
6. lawn - 4mL/L

Wow, that's confusing isn't it. The first option is probably what you're going for, that's for dipping, drenching and foliar feeding.

Use the 3rd option when adding rhizo to RES, 0.5mL/L

I've run canna coco nutes for the past 3 years without problem.

dokt0r

things looking good i think, they starting to look really healthy... Ec=o.7 ppm=310.
I have lloked on the roots, and they not brown, they a little bit tanned, and im sure, that the thing that i left pump off for 7 hours coused it, as its not showing on on new roots...
Lets hope thing are crossed.
Cornflake, yeah i use canna rhizo, 40ml/10L for foliar feeding, but i used 20ml/10L an reservuar feed, hope nothing gonna happen, as roots starting to grow like crazy :)

cornflake

Veteran
dok be smart, if they say 0.5mL/L is good then don't make the mistake that 2mL/L is better. if it was they'd tell us that, because they want us to buy more than we currently do, so they get richer.

More than 0.5mL/L would add to your problems, and will not cause faster growth than 0.5mL/L. At least when you're experiencing the types of things as you are, it is way better to flush the res and start again using correct ratios.

Good luck.

Snype

Veteran
Dok, if you take 40mL and divide it by 100L then you get .4mL per Liter. I don't get your way of thinking sometimes.

dokt0r

yes i know, and cornflake saying that i need to give 0.5ml / 1L which is 5ml/10L which is more what i gave... where is sens ?

dokt0r

on the bottle says:
dissolve 40ml concentrate per 10L of water (1:250)
Use 1-6 times daily to the cultivation medium and/or spray directly on the leaves until a strong root system has developed