What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pit bulls...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
According to this Labs are the most likely to bite someone in the UK Probably because they are the most popular
agree. never seen an aggressive Lab before, but lots of dogs will bite a stranger or someone acting aggressive toward their owner/family. when you have millions of anything, one of them will probably bite somebody...:cool:

xtsho

I submitted a DNA test to try and find out what my girl is. I don't know how reliable they are but it's the one offered by Ancestry.com so it's probably more reliable than those ones you get from Amazon. She looks very Pitty in this photo. American Pitbull Terriers are an old breed and not like today's Bully Pit type dogs. They have been called Nanny dogs in the past as they were so good with children.

My lady's daughter and grandchildren were just here for a couple days and she was the gentlest dog with them. She just wanted to lay near them and wait for them to drop some food. She's never shown a sign of aggression even when I'm wrestling her down to put medication in her ears. She only gets agitated if another dog starts barking at her and then she can get somewhat anxious.

I'm not promoting Pitbulls and I wish people would stop breeding the designer Bully Pits and all the other poorly bred offshoots of this breed. I never intended to own a Pitbull dog but I rescued this beautiful old bitch from the animal shelter and she's been the best dog I've ever owned. I'll find out the DNA results in a couple weeks.

jasminepitty.jpg

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I submitted a DNA test to try and find out what my girl is. I don't know how reliable they are but it's the one offered by Ancestry.com so it's probably more reliable than those ones you get from Amazon. She looks very Pitty in this photo. American Pitbull Terriers are an old breed and not like today's Bully Pit type dogs. They have been called Nanny dogs in the past as they were so good with children.

My lady's daughter and grandchildren were just here for a couple days and she was the gentlest dog with them. She just wanted to lay near them and wait for them to drop some food. She's never shown a sign of aggression even when I'm wrestling her down to put medication in her ears. She only gets agitated if another dog starts barking at her and then she can get somewhat anxious.

I'm not promoting Pitbulls and I wish people would stop breeding the designer Bully Pits and all the other poorly bred offshoots of this breed. I never intended to own a Pitbull dog but I rescued this beautiful old bitch from the animal shelter and she's been the best dog I've ever owned. I'll find out the DNA results in a couple weeks.

View attachment 18983034
Great dog.

I see no issue with "bully" types. Its all about breeding for the right temperament. Too many breeders are only concerned with size or color and ignore thar they are breeding powerful animals often with human or dog aggression. There are also plenty of breeders choosing for a loving family pet. Just like plants. Nor everyone is doing for the right reasons.

Zeta Reticuli

DSCN3043.JPG
DSCN3041.JPG

Rednose brindle----Snooty x Iron Kid line buyed from true breeder that grows dogs that are raised for family dogs not for dog fights,never ever haved any problem with him,love other dogs,cats and most
he loves people and small kids.Its a true APBT.He adore to run,10-15 km of sprint daily is a no problem
for him,after running he falls in zen state,just sleeping,eating and enjoys family circle.
He was look on mine kids when they was small and i haved so much trust in him that i will rather give him
to look on them than any human being i know.Best friend i was ever have.

With small dogs he alouds them that they jumping on his head,bite him for his ears and never ever was
come any negative reaction towards them.

xtsho

View attachment 18983036 View attachment 18983037
Rednose brindle----Snooty x Iron Kid line buyed from true breeder that grows dogs that are raised for family dogs not for dog fights,never ever haved any problem with him,love other dogs,cats and most
he loves people and small kids.Its a true APBT.He adore to run,10-15 km of sprint daily is a no problem
for him,after running he falls in zen state,just sleeping,eating and enjoys family circle.
He was look on mine kids when they was small and i haved so much trust in him that i will rather give him

With small dogs he alouds them that they jumping on his head,bite him for his ears and never ever was

Beautiful dog.

I don't know my dogs history but from what I've researched online she may be from the Boudreaux bloodline in some part. I'm just going by looks and physical appearance.

CharlesU Farley

Like cannabis, superior breeding is the key to quality.

xtsho

Great dog.

I see no issue with "bully" types. Its all about breeding for the right temperament. Too many breeders are only concerned with size or color and ignore thar they are breeding powerful animals often with human or dog aggression. There are also plenty of breeders choosing for a loving family pet. Just like plants. Nor everyone is doing for the right reasons.

You are right about breeding. There are good breeders and bad breeders. The thing with dogs is that it's not like pollen chucking. The results are more significant than a bad cross from a couple cannabis plants you can chop and toss in the compost bin. You have a animal. Actually multiple animals that if not bred properly by people that know what they're doing can be dangerous.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I've never had a pit and only 13 German Shepards...never had issues with ones that are well trained and obediant...it's the punks that hang gold chains on their pits, beat them to be aggressive, and flaunt them are the issues...those guys are the ones that have turned the public against all pits...not just the bad ones...any dog will be mean if pushed hard enough...those XL bullies are not good for business, the general public rails against the breed, especially the big boys...

CharlesU Farley

If you breed them to fight, that's what they're going to do. If you breed them to be family companions and guardians, that's what they're going to do.

I feel just the way you do about your dogs. I would trust our dogs with our little grandkids and great-grandkids, over _any_ human.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Really saddens me to see whats been done to this breed in my lifetime.
From the over exaggerated xtrabully types to the ones who will parade in a circle.........utter ruination of the breed.

mexweed

Veteran
You can tell by her jawline and the slenderness of her front legs, staffys are usually a bit more stubby and have a rounder jaw

So technically you have an amstaff but doesn't really resemble the breeding to what amstaffs became, personally I'm not a fan of the bred to standard amstaffs

If its got more wiry terrier characteristics and sort of farm dog "mutt" look but very obviously bulldog, that's a good telling of apbt imo, the old family red nose lines are almost a separate thing in and of themselves

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I believe that the APBA will allow you to register amstaffs as pitbulls but the AKC will not allow you to register a pitbull as an amstaff. I may be mistaken.

xtsho

You can tell by her jawline and the slenderness of her front legs, staffys are usually a bit more stubby and have a rounder jaw

So technically you have an amstaff but doesn't really resemble the breeding to what amstaffs became, personally I'm not a fan of the bred to standard amstaffs

If its got more wiry terrier characteristics and sort of farm dog "mutt" look but very obviously bulldog, that's a good telling of apbt imo, the old family red nose lines are almost a separate thing in and of themselves

Mine is much more sleek than the stockier AKC standard for Staffordshire Terriers.

jasminesleek2.jpg