What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pit Bulls Maul and Kill Owner

Truthful

Pit bulls do get a bad rap, most of the dogs in these attacks aren't even pit bulls they're bigger breeds that look like pit bulls like eg: Cane Corso, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Pit Bull mixes, etc. Most pounds will label any muscular dog as an APBT but real pits normally weigh under 60lbs.
Pit bulls were made to kill rats originally so that's why they were bred to be ferocious & tenacious but that turned to the sports of bull baiting and dog fighting later on. We are living in a pitchfork society where one week it's sexually harassment crusades the next it's gun control and choosing which animals to put on the endangered species list.

Green Squall

For the record I don't think Pit Bulls should be banned. I hate it when people try to ban things in general. We had a plastic bag ban thing going on here recently and people were at each others throats. It was friggin hilarious! And Gun Control can kiss my :moon:.

But the Sexual Harassment "Crusade" was totally justified. It's about time women were treated with dignity and respect, especially in the workplace. I'm so sick of people thinking its alright to act this way just because they are in a position of power. Good riddens scum bags!

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
most dogs shouldn't be bred.. and apbt should only be bred and used by the ones who know what they are.

Green Squall

most dogs shouldn't be bred.. and apbt should only be bred and used by the ones who know what they are.

Most breeds are over bred. It's depressing everytime I look in the classifieds and see puppies for sale. As much as I love German Shepherds, if I ever get another dog it will probably be a mutt from the shelter. For those of you that do go through breeders for purebreds, I have no problem with that and I'm not judging. Just stating my personal preference for mutts.

Cannavore

Veteran
very unfortunate.

i've noticed lately most people dont take care of their dogs. the craziest, most wound-up dogs i come across are the ones that never leave their property and go on 1-3 walks per week if that. and pits in specific have loads of energy plus lets face the facts they are game dogs. they've been bred to be more "game" than the average and if theyre locked away in a house for most of their lives i imagine it's a recipe for disaster.

my pit isn't perfect. she growls at you if you try and pet her when shes eating a treat. she used to be territorial over a piece of furniture and bit me in the hand. she'll still do a growl or two but thats usually the extent of it. hates other animals, loves every person shes ever met. decent around young children but shes a bull in a china shop at the same time lol.

edit - oh im a jerk i didnt click the link before posting. she was actually walking them when it happened....

Ready4

Veteran
Once again, the media screws up. These dogs were not Pit Bulls. Look at their pictures.
They are listed at 115-125lbs !! They look like some type of Mastiff cross or Cane Corso mix.
The pure ignorance on full display on social media when the words "pit bull" appears is nothing new, stupidity is a full blown epidemic in the USA.
My last two dogs have been pit mixes,they have been the smartest most excellent dogs imaginable.
Had to put my dog down last month, suffering was too much - almost 15 years old.
Looking for another one right now.
Firefighter & Police K-9 rescue units are increasingly using 'pit bulls" - their courage & determination make them valuable as such.
Are some dangerous ? Sure, in some areas of our country - big cities & country - ignorant thugs make them into weapons and breed bad traits as desirable. I have seen pits in Detroit while doing work that were outright vicious terrors. That is 100% on the scumbags who own them.
Lots of pit mixes at rescue/pounds looking for homes, they are absolutely awesome dogs in most cases. Great watchdogs and very smart & loyal.

shithawk420

Veteran
what Ready4 said.my pit mix is a bit goofy but a great dog.they werent pits.pits dont get to 125.bunch of hysteria if you ask me.and are we gonna forget she was getting death threats?they killed the dogs before they even did any real investigation.something stinks here.i dont really buy it

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I once watched a Pit Bull dog latch onto a Shetland ponie's neck and almost kill it. The dog was literally hanging off the ponie's neck as the pony bucked and flailed trying to throw it off.
The dog eventually let go but not until it had opened a large wound on the Shetland's neck.
The pony recovered and the dog was put down. The dog was a family dog that lived in a household with two small children.

Another time , just a few years ago I was walking my lab-mix on the beach. I had her on a long lead. All of a sudden a large pit came running down the beach and went straight at my dog. I was able to get her close to me between my legs as the Pit circled and lunged, trying to get behind us and attack from our six. I picked up a large log off the beach and nailed the pit repeatedly every time it lunged at us to no real effect. It didnt care how hard I hit it. The dog continued to lunge at us and grabbed my pants leg, ripping the fabric. Meanwhile I had my dog by the collar in my left had and a large stick in my right trying to fend off the pit, turning in circles as the dog circled and lunged.
I was carrying and was just about ready to draw and shoot the pit. It was that bad...
I looked up and saw a large overweight woman trying to run towards us screaming . Obviously, she had lost control of the dog and couldnt keep up with it. Even from a distance she knew her dog was causing problems.
As she approached I told her she better get control of her dog or I was going to shoot it. She repeatedly tried to grab the pit but it would have none of it. Every time she went for it's collar it would dodge and make another lunge towards us and I would smack it with the log while she was screaming at me not to shoot it. I hadnt un-holstered yet but my pistol was visible. After a few times she got ahold of the dog . It was all she could do to control it.
Once her dog was leashed the self-righteous bitch started screaming at me that she was going to call the cops to report me for having a gun blah blah blah. No apology, no excuses from her. I told her no need to wait I was calling them right now, which I did.
She left, going down the access road to the beach and into a driveway close by.
When the cops showed up I told them exactly what happened, pointed out the house that I thought she may have gone to and left. Later that day the police showed up at my home and told me the owner and dog had been located and spoken to.
Apparently the dog was very aggressive at the house towards the officers while they were there questioning her. The woman was "fostering" the dog for a local shelter.
I was told based on what the officers saw and from the events as I described them that I would have been in the right to shoot that dog and was asked why I didnt. I told them that the owner showed up just in time otherwise I would have. They thanked me for my discretion.
Never saw that dog again but I still see that woman walking on the beach occasionally.
In my opinion and from my experience these dogs cannot be trusted. There may be good pits but some are as dangerous as any other weapon. I support legislation that would control the ownership of that breed and as far as Im concerned, if I need a permit to carry a gun , pit owners should need a permit to have their dog.

shithawk420

Veteran
good story Capt.but if pits need permits then so does every dog.worst dog ive come across is rotts.moody fucking bitches.somehow this person i knew had a vegetarian rott.would eat and peel tomatoes.probably was a bitch cause she wanted meat.lol

Truthful

Any dog can be turned into a killer from ankle biters to Marmaduke, junkyard dogs are usually mutts and those mother fuckers will rip you to shreds w have a society of ignorance, skin color, dogs, diseases, politics, you name it. I've own pit bulls for years and I'll admit they are not for everyone some people want them for the muscular look some want them to fight with. Real APBTs have a Bruce Lee type of body these bulkier dogs are mixes or another breed entirely and it's not fair to be blaming pit bulls for an attack if the dog was something else that's like blaming me for a crime I didn't commit.

shithawk420

Veteran
theres just a bad stigma in general with pits.remember that thread that caused a shit storm?pit vs wolf?cant believe how many ignorant people who thought a pit even had a chance

mushroombrew

Veteran
I think there are breeds with worse temperaments. But the pitbull's power is hard to beat for it's size.

The thing I will say is they have "torpedo" tendencies. Once launched they are harder to stop/recall.

Overall most breeds are in a poor state of affairs. So "over done" and "mental"

And it's not like everyone knows how to train a dog.

For starters screaming it's name is not a command! LOL

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
dogs......carry a permit...frikken nuts...maybe in countries the queen hails over..........

if ya can't control your critters.............get a stuffed toy.........you can pet and cuddle without fear of your ignorance.........or grab your squirrel and shake.......

bulldogs are catch dogs by nature ........nothin' better than cutting them loose after hounds bayed up wild hogs and watch 'em do their thing.........

this is why "lap dogs" were bred....... for the fat fuc that can't get off the couch......keeps their cootie warm........

Pit on..........:tiphat:

Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Pit bulls do get a bad rap, most of the dogs in these attacks aren't even pit bulls they're bigger breeds that look like pit bulls like eg: Cane Corso, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Pit Bull mixes, etc. Most pounds will label any muscular dog as an APBT but real pits normally weigh under 60lbs.
I was doing some volunteer work at the local humane society and one day as I walked by one of the classrooms there was a girl setting some things up for a class. She had this big poster board with about 20 pictures of pit bull type dogs. Curious, I asked what she was doing and she said it was an informational class for kids about the misconceptions of the pits. She said only 1 of the pictures was an actual APBT and then asked if I could pick it out. I missed and she said don’t feel bad, hardly anybody picks the right one.

coldcanna

Veteran
I don't think a lot of pits are bad, I think a lot of shitty people have pits. Think of hard drug dealers, game bangers, and your general imposter of a thug while your driving through the hood. They all have pits.

Dog Star

Veteran
Adore APBTs but they could be dangerous for person that cant have him submissive,
if you aloud too much for your dog he will take that advance..

those woman haved 2 Pit Bulls and me who have hundred kilos have problem
to walk only one Pit Bull.. he pulling like a Satan,mine hands hurts but still
i stoping him effective as i have some strenght left.. dog have almost 40 kilos
and jumping easy 2 meters in air.. actually i encounter thats a way Pit Bulls
attack,they jump,catch in air and then maul.. its not nice cause person
falls in shock and then as disorientated is a very easy pray..

its good to have pepper spray to repel attacks.. even biggest dogs are not
for further attacking after pepper sprayed.. also good advice for womans will
be to have only one dog,since womans are not so much in domination stuff this
one could be lethal also if they aloud him too much..

dogs usually attack if they are under stress,lot of pain or cause they dont respect
owner and then they start to dominate..

you need to be for him alpha dog or his animal side will overrule yours domination..
its easy with dogs when you know how..

Latest posts

Latest posts