What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2022:::::::

St. Phatty

Weather is swinging back and forth, and looks like an early frost this year!

I need some guidance from a grower in northern climates. A frost freeze is expected friday and saturday night. How does this affect the harvest? Should I harvest before hand and have them there hanging to dry under tarps when the cold nights show up, or does it matter at all, and I can harvest afterward/ in between cold nights?

I think it would be fine, the buds shouldn't freeze and get slimy with a short period of near freezing or sub-freezing temps. Please let me know you experience! Thanks! :smoke:

It looks like you have a bigger grow, which means more work for the harvest, and more chances for mold.

I understand the desire to let the plants go to the final moment, because they're still putting on trichomes and weight.

But I also know growers who have completely harvested by now, because they have to manage employees etc. Their pot is still good.

The longer you wait to harvest, the more vigilant you have to be about mold during the cure cycle.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah harvest early while the plants are healthy and and avoid the rain and freeze. If I didn't harvest last saturday there would have been frost damage. It got down to 31 so it was the last minute.

Thanks for sharing your insight. Harvest went so fast this year, sometimes it goes on for a couple days. Also drying down quick, so any small speck of mold is getting knocked out! Thank you God! :smoke:

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

iTarzan

You did a great job Pipeline. You pulled off a slick, super stealthy, coyote style grow. In the woods, within reach but out of sight. Thriving right under the noses of people who would be surprised it was there. You should have popped out a bedroll and camped for even more guerrilla effect. A rabbit over a campfire.

The buds look really chunky and appealing. I like you named one Big Bertha. LOL!

Total A+ Pipeline.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks! I've had a fire out there before for light and to stay warm. I've also cooked food on a skillet over a camp stove there. I decided it wasn't the best idea though, for security reasons,. Actually my neighbors know whats going on. Its pretty cool the setup the Lord has given me. Got some great medicine to share with friends and family! A little goes a long way! :smoke:

Enjoying the different types of flowers. Its all really good! Its great to have different plants smoke, and alternate. That keeps tolerance from building. I generally only smoke a toke every few minutes. :smoke:

Couple more shots of the drying setup. Worked well, even in high winds and snow! Just need to cut the big buds up more, depending on the weather, they can be slow to dry. Saw a little touch of mold in the center on a few big tops, but other than that, this a super clean sweet tasting crop. Watering paid off!

full

full

full

A couple seedlings in my yard on the 4th set of leaves. Its been mowed over and gone through several freezes one was 28 F. Got cut with the mower after the pic, but its still growing! Getting some rain today. May be an inch!

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ordered the Deep Chunk reproduction of Tom Hills 2003 stock from CSI Humboldt, so next year will have to plan the garden a little bit. Hopfully the DC gets over 4 ft tall because there isn't much light down low. I bet they will stretch up to the light just fine. I will need to get them started like April 1, and they will be planted in on the south and east part of the garden where it get the most light.

Tom Hill said in his interviews on The Potcast he uses composted chicken manure and bone meal initially which can last about 3 months, then he feeds with fish and other various liquid organic ferilizers.

They cut the recommended rate back on the dry Composted Chicken manure I use, so its 25 lb per 1000 sq ft instead of 650 sq ft. I am thinking of just using this and bone meal as the main amendments, and once the plants are established in June, carefully spread another 25lb per 1000 sq ft rate of chicken manure like I did this year. Then early July apply a couple inches of compost as mulch and see how they do. :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are 21 Deep Chunk seeds in the pack, so it will be a pretty good preservation for the line! :smoke:

Will also have around 20-30 females of my Deep Chunk hybrid cultivar from last year, so we will see if we can improve the line a little bit. Been trying to bring it back more indica. The Chunky Mix from last year had a good mix of sativa quality in some of them, so hopefully will end up with some great medicine with those "sativa candy spice" phenotypes start leaning toward Deep Chunk. The profile and potency will be just right I think. :smoke:

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ordered Deep Chunk IBL and it was mailed out Christmas Eve! I love that. I was so glad to see Humboldt CSI offering this! Straight from the horses mouth, Tom Hill talked about them doing the Pine Tar Kush reproduction on The Potcast! He talked about Pine Tar Kush IBL too saying its a great cerebral smoke, so I picked some of those up too. Also ordered Sterling skunk for the project next year!

Planning on using as many Deep Chunk males as possible to preserve the DC, and will also cross with my DC hybrid cultivar, Pine Tar Kush IBL and Sterling Skunk IBL! Getting all the crosses done while we have the reproduction of Tom Hill's 2003 stock in the garden!

Check out this new reggae station I found!

Have a Merry Christmas! Salvation belongs to our God and to His Christ!

full