What's new

::::Pipeline Gardens 2015::::

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Thanks for stoppin in guys! Have to get started early enough. Move them when they are ready. Can't wait to get them in the ground, thats where they like to be. :)

Was windy again today, and I wondered if my plants fell back over. :) Part of growing outdoors. I would just scrape up a bunch of soil and make mound around it plus stake it if its a problem. Rain makes it much more forgiving. I recommend topping once early at about 1 foot tall in June. I only recommend topping again in low light conditions if one branch is growing fast and becoming a main leader. I did that on a couple, and they responded with a thousand little branches! :) Supercrop for sure. In July and August, let them grow. No time to waste. Plants are building out branches and yield can be affected.

Espoma works great. You will get digging reguardless of type of fert you use. Always dig the plots and mix in fert a week or 2 ahead of planting to allow animals to get used to it. Its not critical though. Little secret, when filling in the hole with fertilized soil, make the very top of the hole mostly unfertilized soil to cap off the smell. :)

Plan on top dressing in July, August, and maybe September with it. Top dress when its relatively dry, scratch into soil if you can. Must be done before heavy rain to wash in soon. Dont think Espoma makes it without certain ingredients. Just use it, good stuff!!!
i used a living soil mix that dont have blood and bone meal in it. so far its working awesome as well. i think i will get the Epsoma this year after i harvest just to throw down in the holes and let it sit till next spring though. i will top dress with this mix right at the end of july when they are about to go into flower.

Worm Castings 50%

Compost 50%

Comfrey Leaf

Kelp Meal

Neem Cake (Just Enough for some pest control)

Indonesian Bat guano

Gypsum

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool! Ive used composted bat guano several times and it seems to work well. That has lots of micro-organisms and humus. Plants would be sure to smile. I have for several years just fertilized once at time of planting or not at all. Its mother nature. She will always take care... Have a good weekend guys! :)

Really enjoying this Chemdog. It reminds me of the plants in my garden... :)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sun came out the past couple days. We've had very little rain and a nice breeze. I bet the garden is taking off. Probably would be a good time to fertilize... Thinking it would be better to get the top dressing on early to help work the nutrients into the soil. Can top dress once a month it recommends. Will top dress once at beginning of July, August, and September.

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in! Trying to keep weeds at bay and get a good start. Pinched early to get them bushy. I want to see that canopy close! :)

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What up bud? Happy to see you growing again! They are taking off nice. I need to buy some DC beans and make some new hybrids. The DC rocks outdoors around here.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Guyute! Glad to be back. The DC afghans do real well outdoors. I need to outcross I think. I've been seeing some mutations when seed is germinated, and I cull the funny looking ones. Some of that may be normal, but I think my gene pool is getting somewhat bottlenecked.

Bub is working on some projects for Hill Temple Collective seed Co. Can't wait to find out whats in the works. I need good material for our seed vault... mmmm

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Looking good bro! Is this native soil you are growing in? And what have you amended it with? Keep up the good work!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Mountain Budz! Yep just using the native forest soil, and it has plenty of organic matter. The taller, sunnier plot has more clay because I used it for a couple years as a staging plot for seedlings. It had more light, so it allowed the seedlings to get more power. Well each time you transplant, a little soil is moved. Might not have been enough to really matter. Even with the better, loamier soil plot 2 grows a slower because of the shade. It should do fine though. You can tell they are happy.

Amend with a box turtle shell full (2 cup+) Garden Tone fertilizer. Dug the entire plot hole by hole, amending each hole after it was dug.

Just put down some Garden tone as top dressing this weekend. Raining this evening and next few days. Had plenty of sun today. Should help them grow. :)

Also topped most of them again. I want to see them spread. I liked the results from a couple plants that got a 2nd round of topping.

Enjoy!!! :)

gorilla ganja

nice to see someone is getting rain. Yours were started in April?
looks like your on the same bug prevention as me, none??

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey gorilla ganja! Yep seed was started late April and early May. Bugs have been mean this year. Plants fought through it though, and are outgrowing any damage going on. I never worry about it, seems like mother nature keeps the bugs in check. There are other bugs that eat them. I found a fuzzy soft body scale and a beetle. Both got squished.... Good rains came today and are expected tomorrow. Plants are doing their thing. Prepare to be amazed... :)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Robrites! They grow faster and faster this time of year! Pulled 7 males. Some of the best looking plants of course. Its all good. No problem! Update in the works!

picture.php

Getting good at bubble... makes you strong.:)

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts