What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System

stub

George- Nice looking plants, what strain is the bottom one? It looks like a white strain, almost like white widow. Looking pretty good there man. I was just givin ya some $h't thanks for being cool. Peace!!

Pipe- while I was working on the ladies the other day I snapped a branch so I cut it off and let it dry for a few days and sampled it yesterday....nice smooth smoke, tastes kinda fruity/citrusy and burns nice. It has a lighter buzz, kinda up and energized. It did not give me couch lock like some of the stuff I have been picking up at the local clubs. I hope that this last 4 days have made it a little stronger though. It has been packing on the crystals since turning out the lights. This is the 3rd day of total darkness the final chop comes today!!!!

stub

Here is a pic of the harvest. It is hard to tell but that is a cardboard file folder box stacked 3 levels deep with goodies. I cut the metal rails off the top of the file folders and used them to make racks. I have a small pc fan in there now for circulation. The smaller nugs are in the paper sack. I don't have a scale so who knows how much is there but it sure is nice to have my own homegrown stash for the first time ever.

I am still waiting on the clones to take root so that allows time to paint the cabinet and make a few changes for the next round. I will take your advice and go a little longer next time. Thanks for your help Pipe!

G

awesome pull stub, your first grow turned out WAY better than my first attempt at indoor, lol.

stub it was great white shark .. yep a white strain (w widow x super skunk)
great plant to grow , am growing white rhino now

3weeks flowering now with co2 : )

T

TheOneWill

Where can I get the pots that you have? I can get everything else but can't find pots.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

Hey everyone, Sorry but I haven't been around for a while to check on the thread. Now that I've retired you'd think I'd have all the time in the world to do things, but it seems to work out the other way around. I'm caught in my own bi-polar type world. Either I'm a lazy bum, or I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I guess it will take a while to settle down to this new lifestyle.

TheOneWill - The buckets are food containers that I picked up at a Dollar Store. I just cut a hole in the top and dropped in a netpot. As stated, they hold just over a gallon.

drew87 - In a system with plumbing or any type of liquid circulation it is a bit safer to put the electrical components "up top". However this system has neither, and the buckets have no holes or fittings below the water line that could possibly leak. Additionally, the generated heat is used to warm the tubs in cooler weather.

stub - Fantastic looking harvest. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but as you are already likely learning the smoke will be fine. Yes, leaving it a bit longer would have helped, especially if you waited to see a bit more color to the glands. Strong couch-lock can even be had from a Sativa if its allowed to ripen far enough. Remember that amber trichs are ones that have already started to decay. That being said, your harvested buds will go a touch more in that direction if they are properly cured. Fresh green buds are usually a bit more chatty that those that have recieved a slower longer cure.

BigBlack81 - Nothing magical here. All I did was to hook up the airpumps to the PVC tube using standard aquarium hose and valve-fittings. Then I repeated the same thing at the other end for each bucket. If you blow up the pics in the thread, you should be able to see exactly the parts I used.

Take care all.... PD

Last edited:

stub

Pipedream- Congratulations on the retirement!!! May you have many years to enjoy it!

Chatty is a very good word to describe it. I noticed myself talking alot when I would normally be quiet. It never really dawned on me until reading your post. You really know your stuff when it comes to the herb. It has gotten stronger through the cure process. Much more stonier now, I find myself forgetting what I was doing. I painted the cabinet white and have the clones in there now for their first day under the 150hps. I will let this grow go a little longer this time to see the difference. Pics to come soon.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran

Hey Stub (et al). Nothing in the box at this time. Due to no longer working and the ability to come and go as I please, I haven't been near the home front for a while. Been spending some time re-aquainting myself with various family members around the notheast and mid-atlantic area. I'm learning that its fun to drop in unannounced and stay for a few days. (at least for me). This message is currently coming from somewhere near North Andover Mass. Will likely be starting things up again towards the end of Feb or the beginning of March.

Regards all!

:wave:

stub

Nice to hear you are out and about. My wife went to school in Winhem (probably spelled wrong) Mass. She said it is cold as cold can get there. Stay warm out there on the east side. I got a few going right now, and I painted it white like ya told me. Had a little run in with root rot brown fungi stuff again but might have it dialed in now.

stub

I made a few tweeks that will help out. I drilled holes in the side of the cabinet and mounted the light on a shelf so I can raise it up and down in 2 inch increments.

stub

The glass really cuts down on the heat and creates a barrier. The hot air goes up through the exaust fan and cool air is pulled through the holes in the floor surrounding the plants.

stub

This little guy makes res changes really easy. It is a little pump that runs off 2 D batteries. Right now the plant are little but soon these WW's will be to tall to move around. This will make changing out the water a breeze. It's under 20 bucks, and much faster than the syphon tube i was using.

stub

Well I don't have a scale and am only growing for myself so probably won't get one either. All I know is that the cured dried goodies filled up a 12 cup tupperware container that my wife used to use for homemade breadloafs. It is now serving a more important role. No more spending hard earned money on the meds. OH yeah!!

treehugger

hi all. new user here.

just wanted to thank you, pipe, for all of your tips and tricks. this thread has inspired me to switch from rockwool slabs to bubble buckets because im sick of fighting algae.

also, could anybody reccomend a good anti-pest/fungas/badknicks spray? i use bug-me-not and neem oil in veg, but am still searching for a strong product that is safe to use up until harvest.

any assistance would be invaluable.

TIA
tree