What's new

PINK BUD info for uptosumpn

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Sorry for being stupid, remember you wrote that there are jems in the mix :/

Ya its LowAsis x JEMS x Diesel Ryder IBL F5.
Most traits are stable like height, structure, potency, and so on, They grow so uniform you would almost think they are clones. The only variations I see are the color ranging from Pink, Purple and Green with the corisponding flavor with each color. Each color seems to have its own flavor. Green being the most skunky, Pink Skunky Fruity, Purple Sweet Pungent.

The reason it has been easy to lock down everything but the color is that fact that so far PinkBud males don't show color. Which is very odd, but it will be figured out soon enough.

Those pics are day 42 from seed.

SGS

Zygote

Actually this was a the different pheno of LowAsis and the one I was hoping you would find. This pic is the very LowAsis female that was used to start the make Pink Bud over a yr ago. She has an extremely sweet smell and taste like a peice of candy. She is also where the single cola dominance came from.

picture.php

SG

The LowAsis female in the photo; Are the Pistils (hairs) Green?
They look green to me. I have seen purple, violet, red, orange, and white, but i can’t remember ever seeing Green Pistils.

BTW The Pink Bud you are working on looks nice..!!! :jump:

Zy

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Yes the LowAsis seems to have greenish hint to the base of the pistils where it is widest. I have a few strains with this trait not many but a few.

I never really thought about it until you just said something, humm.

SGS

Zygote

Yes the LowAsis seems to have greenish hint to the base of the pistils where it is widest. I have a few strains with this trait not many but a few.

I never really thought about it until you just said something, humm.

SGS

These purple, violet, red, pink, orange, yellow, pigments, are called anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are known to act as sort of an arboreal sunscreen, protecting leaves from harmful radiation and also keep leaves from freezing. It is interesting that Pistils can have green chlorophyll.

Zy

These purple, violet, red, pink, orange, yellow, pigments, are called anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are known to act as sort of an arboreal sunscreen, protecting leaves from harmful radiation and also keep leaves from freezing. It is interesting that Pistils can have green chlorophyll.

Zy

Zy you are correct as usual.
Anthocyanins are versatile and plentiful flavonoid pigments found in red/purplish fruits and vegetables, including purple cabbage, beets, blueberries, cherries, raspberries and purple grapes. Within the plant they serve as key antioxidants and pigments contributing to the coloration of flowers.
If I remember correctly they also are part of what gives ornamental plants that autumn color.

SGS
Pink Bud looks great!

Latest posts

Latest posts