What's new

PINK BUD info for uptosumpn

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
hey, requested info for the PINK BUD posted in another thread, I didnt want to hijack that dudes thread.

PINK BUD is a 3 way cross LowAsis (female) x JEMS (male) x Diesel Ryder (Male)

I first started with LowAsis female that was crossed with a very RED JEMS F5 Male. This male seems to have been the #1 plant to find, as everything that was touched by him has shown some % of purple in the offspring. This is true even after the cross to make the 3 way hybrid into another green strain, Diesel Ryder.

So, if you are looking to make JEMS crosses you will want to look for a colored MALE or FEMALE as they will be much more dominant in color in the cross. If you use Green or lightly colored JEMS plants in breeding, dont worry!!! They still contain the purple gene, you just have to find it again. As I have had ZERO colored males since the one used, even with those insane colored females! there are not coloration in the males in this 3Way cross, which has made it a bit more difficult for selection.

it went like this.
LowAsis x JEMS (RED MALE) = F1s around 60% Purple, 30% Pink, 10% Green.

LowAsis x JEMS F1 Purple Female X DR Green Male = 50% Purple, 25% Pink, 25% Green.
IBL F3, the seeds are acutally F4s.

picture.php

I wanted to keep the variation in the population until i find what i am really after, so that is why you still see the variation of color due to the selection process that was done. That pic was actually the final seed run before Pheno selective breeding, to stablize each pheno out into its own population. The Green phenos are always the largest, counting from top Left to right, Plants 5, and 8 are Green. I have now found that the PINK Pheno is the best hence the name Pink Bud, and working to stablize it. The color you see is actually from the Purple phenos, the pinks are not as easy to see in that pic. but counting from top left to right, Plants, 2, 3, 10, 15, and 16 are PINK phenos. . The PINK Pheno is just slightly purple at the base upto the middle of each flower and very very white with resin giving the entire bud when dry a very distint WHITE PINK color! Is one of my favorite projects. Only thing that is driving me nuts, these things STINK to HIGH HELL! Prolly from the DR father, some plants smell so bad they even defeat my very large and expensive carbon filter to put the smell into perspective, by no means a stealthy type of AF.

Oh I forgot, each plant is just the main top, so every main top is a plant. This is an AF-SOG bred strain, very little amount of branching.

I got a few more pics if you want to see them.

SG

BagseedSamurai

Where are these "Jems" coming from? I've seen a few posts on them but, never looked into it. Those look gnarly. I dig it!

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Where are these "Jems" coming from? I've seen a few posts on them but, never looked into it. Those look gnarly. I dig it!

Mossy is the Original Breeder of Purple JEMS. He doesnt get enough credit for making it. It will be used to make new colored hybrids for a long time to come.

Thanks MOSSY!:thank you:

Sandnut

Mossy once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.

Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Mossy's pajamas.

Mossy can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

They once made a Mossy toilet paper, but there was a problem: It wouldn't take shit from anybody.

When life gave Mossy lemons, he made lemonade, a 9 inch hunting knife, an AK-47, and a playpen for his pet scorpion.

LOL Mossy is the Chuck Norris of ICMAG

btw great post sgs024

salbahe

Sounds like something for the Four White Knights Thread but HEAR HEAR...:jump::jump::jump:

I just hope that MOSSY will always be in good health or at least close to it:ying::ying::ying:

M

mossy

You lot have me Cracked up....

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :good:

I went from Drooling over the Girls to choking with laughter..
(thinking about mossy pyjamas..made with Hemp fibre of course...:muahaha:...)

What a way to start a thread...

I'm subbed...:good:

SGS024..S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G M8 :bow:

MIGHTY GROWING JOB

If you use Green or lightly colored JEMS plants in breeding, dont worry!!! They still contain the purple gene, you just have to find it again.
I keep telling them..ha ha..the colours in JEM are all Mobile

You obviously have done your homework and it Shows in your understanding of her...
no wonder they are such Stunners..

The Green phenos are always the largest,

The PINK Pheno is just slightly purple at the base upto the middle of each flower and very very white with resin giving the entire bud when dry a very distint WHITE PINK color!
I have a lovely Dove Grey/pink too..
bud is light grey with a pink bottom...
so you don't see the full colour until you know what you are looking for.

these things STINK to HIGH HELL! Prolly from the DR father
Ah...JEM is distinctly low grow smell..except on the Afgham dom pheno..

now looking through the threads..Iron Lungs..anonomix..FullD..
are ALL getting the Afgham dom pheno showing strongly..
it could be coming into dominance..

you may be hitting it too.

I THANK YOU for posting them Sir......:thank you:

I hope you don't mind me coming back and picking your brains a bit..
how JEM moves through another set of genetics..

to Me..is just Heaven. :greenstars:

uptosumpn

THINK PINK....

picture.php

salbahe

Very educational posts... can't wait to start my JEM journey...so much to learn and many possibilities...HOORAY PURPLE WIZARD:jump::jump::jump:

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hey Mossy, glad you like them, been fun working on them!

The RED JEMS Male was the key to such extreme dominance of color in the PINK BUD cross.

The very sure the smell came from the DR male, considering DR is a stinky plant itself and PinkBud only has 25% JEMS in it, and 50% DR. Well that and the LowAsis x JEMs is very sweet and mild, this smell was very unexpected, I figued it would smell very mild, as the LowAsis x JEMS would dial the smell of the DR down. The unexpected is what makes breeding so fun! HEHEHE

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
The piont of PINK BUD was to make a better tasting Purple AF, To me JEMS was lacking in the taste department so I crossed it with the best tasting AF I had at the time which was LowAsis. The cross to DR was truly by accident, some of the LowAsis x JEMS females i had just got hit with a DR male that I was using for something else. Good thing I tested them out. The best things are always discovered by accident ;)

Green and PINK phenos. day 45 from seed.
picture.php

PUrple pheno early flowering Day 42 from seed.
picture.php

Oh and here is the kicker! Belive it or not, but these where pushed in a 2x2 ft tent under a 150Watt HPS!! Except the first pic in the thread that is when they where moved under the 400HPS to finish out the seed production.

SG

Last edited:
M

mossy

Hey Mossy, glad you like them, been fun working on them!
I Love them...
and I don't think anybody can appreciate until they do..
what Fun it is.

When you look at something so beautiful and think...

I MADE THAT

Funny how taste perceptions differ...
LowAsis for me was very LR#1 dominant for taste...
But.
that being said..
I THINK that the original LR#1 smell is kind of a smell/taste enhancer on everything that it is added to.

It doesn't dominate..it strengthens.

some of the LowAsis x JEMS females i had just got hit with a DR male
Oh..they are clever at tricks like that...:biglaugh:

I always think if you treat them like a hoard of horny teenagers on a sleep-over..you won't go far wrong..:good:

They are Class...:dance013:

I see you are in small pots..
what height yield you pulling...?

r1zla

hey, requested info for the PINK BUD posted in another thread, I didnt want to hijack that dudes thread.

Would have been happy to let ye hijack it, was grateful for yer reply :) But these wee girls ye got deserve their own topic. Do you trim off the lower branches or are they bred to be single cola?

I got a few more pics if you want to see them.

SG

Indeed, they are gorgeous so yes please more eye candy.

Bighill

Mossy once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.

Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Mossy's pajamas.

Mossy can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

They once made a Mossy toilet paper, but there was a problem: It wouldn't take shit from anybody.

When life gave Mossy lemons, he made lemonade, a 9 inch hunting knife, an AK-47, and a playpen for his pet scorpion.

LOL Mossy is the Chuck Norris of ICMAG

btw great post sgs024

AHAHAHAHAAHAHA omfg... i lost some soda there... :laughing:

Mossy is the man!:thank you:

SG: That pink bud looks great.. When i look at them the first think that comes to mind is cream soda.. mmm How did the flavor change with the cross?

uptosumpn

Veteran
WOW! and WTF!?! How the hell am I so late to my sorta-own-party!! LOL! Listen SGS024, those pics, info, everything in this thread is EFFIN WICKED!!!! Thank-You SOOO Much for starting this thread!! Trust me it wil take on a life of it's own.....Mossy is truly a autoflowering purple wizard!!! Just by the look of what you created, says volumes!!! I cant wait to see what my sourjems do @ F3.....Oh, I firgot to mention that I also have 10 Mi5 x Purple Jems seeds I made, "by accident" too!! No color in the PJ male, BUT as you and mossy said; the color gene, it's in there..! HUNT for it! So myself, FullDuplex, Iron Lungz and Anonamix are the 4 white Knights with Court jester Zen under the guidence of the "Purple Wizard" himsef, Mossy are on a 2 year quest to see who can produce the best Jem Hybrid....! We on a MISSION to create sum Wicked Colored Autos!!!! Thanks Again!

F

FullDuplex

I have to say that i am with the rest of them. I cant believe i have missed this thread. Ill be here watching to. The ladies are beautiful!! completely stunning and amazingly grown. I do believe Mossy's work will be a true milestone in AF history as well as the Cannabis world all together. There an amazing plant to work with and like the rest have said you seem to be able to read them and get what you want. again job well done, cant wait to sit back and read here.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
I Love them...

Funny how taste perceptions differ...
LowAsis for me was very LR#1 dominant for taste...
But.
that being said..
I THINK that the original LR#1 smell is kind of a smell/taste enhancer on everything that it is added to.

It doesn't dominate..it strengthens.

I see you are in small pots..
what height yield you pulling...?

Actually this was a the different pheno of LowAsis and the one I was hoping you would find. This pic is the very LowAsis female that was used to start the make Pink Bud over a yr ago. She has an extremely sweet smell and taste like a peice of candy. She is also where the single cola dominance came from.

picture.php

Using the 5.5 x 5.5 inch pots, ( 3 liter I think ) I get the PINK BUD around 14 -20 inches depending on how long i leave them in 16 oz cups.

If i leave them in 16 oz cups until day 28 then they stay around 15 inches, if I transplant earlier at show of sex around day 17-21 they will get 20 inches or more, never over 24.

SG

uptosumpn

Veteran
And it for that SAME reason I crossed a Sour60 female< Very Fruity Smell!! with the Jem male....FLAVOR!!!