What's new

PineApple TrainWreck 6x23w cfl first time micro

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!! I just got back home from the plants being unnatended since wednesday. I was exstatic when i opened the closet!!! i had to rush to feed em before lights out but i cant wait to do a nice update tomorrow!!

@Mad- check your PMs man!

wellp....since i couldnt take pics of the ladies...i decided to take pics of the night cap....og 18+GDP+(dont remember), i nice litt....bigggggg glob of og 18 oil...encompased by a halo of keeeeff

Attachments

• P1010914.jpg
    P1010914.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010915.jpg
    P1010915.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 10
man....that was a smoke last night, got sooooooo fried and passed out in my living room. Mad, ya gotta start makin yourself some oils man!!

haha i feel ya on that one, itll be nice to have trim to use for a change. I tend to just occasionally decide to throw a few grams (between 5-7) of chronic nugs through the extractor. I just loooovvvveeee to do me some dabs

AlexTrebek

Why did you removed the fan leaves ? They are the reservoir of sugars and energy. If you remove them you decrease the yield and the potency. Always keep the big leaves if they are green and healthy, especially if the plant is small.

Instead of removing the leaves try to train them to stay under the buds. You can even fold the leaves (by putting a small ring of paper on them); the plant will suck all the energy she hardly stored on that leaves on the vegetation period.

:tiphat:

I'll take misguided intentions for 1200!
This is false logic, there's a difference between reading about defoliation, actually practicing and honing it and spreading bad rep about it.

Just don't cut fan leafs coming out of budsites, all else can be defoliated, depending on how your strain handles it.

Grow on!

:tiphat:

GrowBox420

Defoliation is a very touchy subject, I agree with hempfield about the energy storage but at the same time experience does say a lot.

So shit:tiphat:

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
I tried both : with defoliation and without. With defoliation you will get more mature buds, that's for sure, being exposed to the light, but the potency will suffer. Without defoliation I had lower yield, but the buds was more hard and compact and the potency was as expected.

I believe the defoliation should be done just in the vegetation period, when the plant grow and deposit sugars and energy into the leaves.

In nature defoliation occurs accidentally (when leaves are eaten by animals, after sever storm or other "calamities"), but right after that the plant will try to repair the damage putting more leaves on stems (actually not individual leaves, because this is not possible due to plant structure, but new small stems that grow where the leaves where removed).

I think that defoliation could be used together with "Super Cropping" technique , to achieve more side stems , which cause , of course, more bud sites.

You can also do a pseudo-defoliation, method that I currently using : I cut small ribbons of paper ( 1cm wide and 6-8cm long) and I use a small drop of glue to bond the ends of this ribbon, creating a paper ring around the leaf stem. After the glue dries I gently move the ring to the leaf, grouping the leaf finger together. In this way I get "one finger" leaves, which mean less surface exposed to the light and more light passing to the buds.

This method can be dangerous if the relative humidity is high or if you use foliar feeding (because the water gets caught between leaf finger and this can lead to mold, fungus or other pests) so be sure you inspect the leaves every day.

You don't need to tie all the leaves, instead tie just half of them for a couple of days and after that release them and repeat the technique on the free leaves. The leaves recently removed from paper ring will remain grouped for several ours or even a day, giving you the advantage of light penetration deep on the canopy.

The method is labor intensive indeed, but will save the resources of the plant. I was very excited when I saw some results of growers that use intense defoliation and I tried this method. After harvesting and curing I thought again I realized that I apple tree can't produce good apples if it does not leaves.

So maybe the defoliation it's good no later that first week of flowering (when leaves removal can help with stretching).

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
E.L. coming along nice. those ladies have some nice buds forming on them. For sure stray away from the defoliating. hempfield is correct it should be done in veg for heavy indica dom plant that has dinner size plate leaves and is short and compact growth. But either way your on your road to success if your already not there :)

BTW you gonna pass that bong over this way i wanna hit that.

Have Fun Be Safe
-NEG978-

@Mad- i can't believe that man!! your missin out on half of your goodies!!! I wont allow it this time around!! lol

@Hempfield, @AlexTrebek, @Growbox420- so i did a little bit of defoliating this time around and have decided that i definitely wont be doing it on my little sog plants anymore, i didnt necessarily see any negative impact, but i also didnt see much of an increase in the buds from the plants that were defoliated and those that werent at all. In my other box however, all of the plants recieved some level of defoliation throughout the month of veg they got, definitely saw some positive results there

@NE- man, id definitely pass that bong if i could, smoked round two last night, this time with i dont remember what bud, some new oil i got which is blue gum, (blue dream x bubblegum), and then a halo of keef again. It will be the last time i smoke one of those crazy ass bowls for a while. It really is just tooooo intense. I am a quite heavy smoker, most of which is oil, but this combo just takes it too a whole other level, almost psychadelic

So i'll be takin some pics when the lights come on, so expect those within the next few hours!

did another dab of the bluegum oil...unreal...ill post a pic of that later, but heres the bigger ladies just startin to flower up nicely, one of the plants is throwing 9 fingered leaves...pretty cool i thought...pics from the other box will come later...too high right now :abduct::abduct:

Attachments

• P1010928.jpg
    P1010928.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010929.jpg
    P1010929.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010930.jpg
    P1010930.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010931.jpg
    P1010931.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 11

Maddhatter

nice dude i didnt even realize you were flowering your second chamber! i need to get my ass in gear and get the rooms finished.....

haha yea you do...im gonna be in the area in about 3 weeks, so you should get em done before then!! haha yea they are about....hmmm....2-3 weeks or so i believe into flowering, ill have to go through and figure it out later

Hey bro, diggin' the oil pics, I have never had BHO myself, but I make a damn fine iso oil. Also loving your little ladies, starting my own micro 12/12 from seed right now, hope it goes as well as yours!
Peace.:dance013:

Hey bro, diggin' the oil pics, I have never had BHO myself, but I make a damn fine iso oil. Also loving your little ladies, starting my own micro 12/12 from seed right now, hope it goes as well as yours!
Peace.:dance013:
Hey man, me and a buddy were actually just talking about wanting to try a nice iso oil. wish we could trade a bit!