What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

led05

Chasing The Present
9E1DCECE-2276-4E12-B3DE-53C6D16BD1AE.jpeg

6F8495AC-821D-498F-A7A4-286A9112577A.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
The frankincense we used to get here was all red brown and dark gold...the actual finished bud used to smell of pure frankincense and this weird hospital antiseptic like scent....sandlewoods, camphor and other scents came from different ones but the frankincense was all frankincense....its like the all the bud had been dunked in something....when you smoked that all the vapours would go in your sinuses and coat all your throat.....the sandalwood one was even stronger in taste and would have an almost lavender camphor type aggressive bite that would almost hurt your throat and nose it was that strong...that was a lighter shade of gold...with that you could only put small amount in the joint as the taste was to aggressive...id like to see some try to smoke a blunt of that raw, probably end up shredding the throat....the high was ridiculously aggressive too...is that what you guys are getting over there...
i used to know some serious bangers from the big city… they’d do crazy things like dip cannabis in Formaldehyde - see bolded above

Perhaps it sounds crazy but your experiences above describe it spot on across so many spectrums… you even said as if dunked in something; that’s exactly what they did… you ever consider your dunked hospital antiseptic harsh like no other cannabis ever before nor after… was actually dunked in an antiseptic…?

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Everyone knows that big herb has been the keeper of the piff legend since way back. I know he was a judge at Piffcon but I’ve never seen him post anything about how today’s piff compares to the stuff he remembers.
Sup brother

Soo many / too many thoughts , too many words

I’m a keeper of my word . Life is as beautiful as it can be tragic. But we all have our own story . I’ve always spoke my truth and some years later my experiences seem to be similar to many east coast connoisseurs

Comparing todays Haze to what I grew up on isn’t fair ,I don’t have as much Haze / samples / batches around me now . That was a long time ago, a different life . Any OG’s from uptown recall the Home of the Haze tee shirts . Or before that time consistent silver haze (not SSH) and Frankie’s . This will give a timeline .

I still believe 98-04ish was the golden era for Heights Haze . I do believe there are several cuts like more than 10 . I do believe some of the Haze I grew up on is gone . But there are a few cuts in circulation I’m hoping to taste in the near future (Piffcon)

Remember this my first taste was 98/99 . I never smoked any Haze told to me as any specific labeled clone until smoking Cuban black haze and Manhattan brown from brother piff .Upon opening the bag I could close my eyes and smile as the aromas touch my soul . After a smoke all stars align and I feel my third eye is open again.

We had grades in my circle We called - cousin sis n father Frank . There was always green n brown/ golden Hazes . My circled preferred the Gold types but Sometimes the brown was inferior (spicy floral ) and green was stand out .
The way i described my autobiography stands as my experience , just now I have a different understanding. The way I described NYC Haze , I was thinking OHaze was a four way hybrid and these were expressions of the parents let’s say 4 categories that were representative of their parents Mexican /Thai / South Indian Colombian . The floral / ammonia / basement/ church types of Haze .

I now know the Original Haze is pure punto Rojo and many traits exist in this line . But the uptown Haze is I believe 1000% brother piffs story Is from Nevils old A5 seeds . After Tasting 4 phenos of Nevils Haze Mns, 3 phenos killerA5 Ace , 3 phenos of uptown black and Midnight Mass from piffcoast I have no doubt it’s related .

I’ve experienced Several samples of Cuban black Haze - commonly is -
Wet basement / floral / incense

Only one batch - Manhattan brown - sandalwoody / incense / musky
After smoking Cuban black /Manhattan brown / piffs1 & Audubon gold Hazes not long ago . I believe there is either a specific growing style or soil/amendments or feed/recipe to bring out Her best qualities . One thing I’ve noted is while aromas are arousing the lingering stand out haze taste is not as strong today as I recall .

I also wonder how much affect the transportation and handling of the suitcases of puday from Florida influenced the taste and aromas .

Below is some brief notes of mine from piffcon samples . I tried to fulfill my duties and noted each sample as best I could at the time .

Under 75

A6 1/10
Looks- light green /dense / frosted

Smell-pissy / dusty / incense - broken up dusty pissy lime

Taste -pissy / musky / woody / church type

High - alert / cerebral/ strong / long lasting

4+

A7
Looks - frosted / tight / dense

Smell- spicy /floral sexxxy

Taste- raw / incense

High - hot head / warmed up / above the clouds / euphoric

4+++ 🔥

A8
Look - not much frosted / smaller wild calyx

Smell - pissy / basement / incense / mint

Taste - dark spicy basement

High - cerebral/ open

75 n over
B4
Looks - Gorgeous/ hazy / airy / frosted/ foxtails

Smell - raw / nail polish / incense

Taste -musky/ spicy / incense not as strong as I hoped

High - self conscious / cerebral/ mood enhancing

B5
Looks - compressed / dark brown/ old school

Smell - leather / incense

Taste -delicious incense, lingering taste

High - Happy/ heady/ feel good

4+

B6
Looks -

Smell - soapy / pissy

Taste - musky / light soap

High - cerebral / nothing special

Overall I was impressed with the Nigerian silk entries , the Haley comets and the African Haze . Shout out to JJNYC for sharing his genetics

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
This is recent notes below on some of the variety pack of Cuban black and some of brother piffs latest work direct from . Not a professional format below but as you see in my last post I take judging duty serious 🧐

A - great high open but alert , tasty throw back inhale , exhale was not as good

A/b - Musky basement incense
Better smell than taste

C - Miami - Heavy basement, oldschool taste but light I like it A lot .

Holy communion- I like this a lot

thick smoke - heavy haze clouds .. if I was handed a rolled blunt without knowing n just hit it I’d say uptown’s quick .. Delicious musky basement incense . Very easy almost no come down .. heady uplifting alert

Harlem #21

Smell - is soapy type - throwback, Amsterdam ish

Taste - is light Soap type but not soapy , musky ,floral , lingering taste after

Lavender piff - very similar to top dawg piff .. musky basement .. heady uplifting nothing crazy

Harlem S1 #8

Smell - musky basement ammonia , lighter on the taste

Midnight mass - from a friend

Smell - is Raw incense / sandlewood . It has a bright note on edge of piny sandlewood. Spicy Slightly soapy

taste - is light but it needs a cure . The effects I love , it’s euphoric happy clear but calming and refreshing with a smooth come down . I’m impressed

Excuse the horrible pics but it gives an idea . Organic soil grown Midnight Mass from seed Beautiful incensed NLD

First off , Much Respect to all the Haze heads who spread and preserved these Hazes since the beginning 1969 .

Respect to the Uptown OG’s who kept these cuts alive for Soo long .Respect to keepers of cuts today like jtrees , thehazeczar, Stoney , Loyalty7 , Brother piff and piffanomics for making these special genetics available to the community.

Brother Piff keep swinging that thurbel. My Respect and thanks to you for all you have done and continue to do and big ups all your hard work , nobody knows or could understand . You truly live by my motto More incense less non sense

You are appreciated Brother

Anyone who wants a taste of NYC Hazes / Cuban black Haze , my brother has the official tissue . Check piffcoast for official Uptown Haze genetics

Cosmic , this anint no advertising . It’s a public service announcement. It’s just my 2 cents , I wanted to share my opinion with the community and give my stamp

You want it, he got it . Piff is in circulation

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• 9D920587-AB4A-4D31-83EA-1DCC02F6C048.jpeg
    9D920587-AB4A-4D31-83EA-1DCC02F6C048.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
  • 38251412-0F5B-4E34-9910-1CFD5CE77352.jpeg
    38251412-0F5B-4E34-9910-1CFD5CE77352.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
  • E685C647-6AB5-4058-88A5-210ECFCC66B2.jpeg
    E685C647-6AB5-4058-88A5-210ECFCC66B2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • 620A5FF6-A696-42DA-91EA-2E5DB6420E30.jpeg
    620A5FF6-A696-42DA-91EA-2E5DB6420E30.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108

OldCoolSativa

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I appreciate your opinion on this, and totally agree re: the A5 lineage and diminished loudness of the aromas; I attribute that to shorter flower time. In fact, my guess is the samples that were closest to the best of what you remember came from the longest flowering plants.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Given the fact that no NL#5xHzA seeds were available commercially the chances are slim of any of the east coast area available Hazes throughout the ‘90’s being so. IMHO the plausibility of them being rather Nevils Haze instead of straight up A5 although all prolly got selected for their A5 phenotypical expressions within this line.
Comparing the Cuban Black Haze cuttings morphology to the old Dutch Nevils Hz cutting builds more momentum for any of the east coast Hazes being related to Nevs Hz as to 5HzA as far as my take on things by experience but who’s to say in the end no one knows fo sho.

led05

Chasing The Present
Thanks for the love @Piff_cat and @bigherb

Shoutout to you as well @CosmicGiggle

I feel like a broken record always having to repeat this, but i am in no way trying to market anything or telling these guys to do so. They are doing it of their own volition because they truly had good results. So that’s awesome, I appreciate them for that!

Much love everyone!!!

#moreincenselessnonense
As a marketing guru in another life… quit while you’re ahead

led05

Chasing The Present
Given the fact that no NL#5xHzA seeds were available commercially
my buddy - how on earth do you truly know this - no chance, no way…!? What does commercially even mean; just a shit load got them but not everyone?

we all know Nevil was a pure capitalist…fact

he sold everything & anything for the right price, to think anyone even the deceased recalls all deals is nonsense….

No disrespect just simple logic…

Chase the now the present; respect the past as I know you do !

Much respect & love

Yo Sammy

Veteran
my buddy - how on earth do you truly know this - no chance, no way…!? What does commercially even mean; just a shit load got them but not everyone?

we all know Nevil was a pure capitalist…fact

he sold everything & anything for the right price, to think anyone even the deceased recalls all deals is nonsense….

No disrespect just simple logic…

Chase the now the present; respect the past as I know you do !

Much respect & love
I can’t say either way fo sho although it’s commonly accepted knowledge that Nevil wasn’t able to offer 5HzA seeds commercially. Losing Haze A male early prevented this for being a reality which we all regret now do we not?
My take on it grew from collaborating with some well experienced US based cultivators who shared their own take on things from their own unique perspectives. By sharing opinions as genetics we are able to better understand the difference as comparability in traits from different unique heirlooms. Piecing back the puzzle from rational viewpoints and personal as collective experiences helps in that regard.
Regardless I do admit that it’s all just speculative takes and defo doesn’t mean it’s conclusively so hence our endeavours to establish what’s what without necessarily concluding that one is better than the other you know what I mean…? ;)

led05

Chasing The Present
I can’t say either way fo sho although it’s commonly accepted knowledge that Nevil wasn’t able to offer 5HzA seeds commercially. Losing Haze A male early prevented this for being a reality which we all regret now do we not?
My take on it grew from collaborating with some well experienced US based cultivators who shared their own take on things from their own unique perspectives. By sharing opinions as genetics we are able to better understand the difference as comparability in traits from different unique heirlooms. Piecing back the puzzle from rational viewpoints and personal as collective experiences helps in that regard.
Regardless I do admit that it’s all just speculative takes and defo doesn’t mean it’s conclusively so hence our endeavours to establish what’s what without necessarily concluding that one is better than the other you know what I mean…? ;)
Nevil sold seeds to EVERYONE in the late 80’s into 90’s whom would accept said risk and knew and would Pay - he was the quintessential seed whore - mine you I respect nevil as a pioneering god

Everything else over here was same as it ever was

Nevil on an extremely generous basis accounted for less than 1% of seeds

Everyone needs to wake the fk up and stop worshiping a false Dutch god

Apologies I advance I’m exhausted by it and it’s time for some truths

You all ready ..? Time blow up ALL THE LIES

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Nevil sold seeds to EVERYONE in the late 80’s into 90’s whom would accept said risk and knew and would Pay - he was the quintessential seed whore - mine you I respect nevil as a pioneering god

Everything else over here was same as it ever was

Nevil on an extremely generous basis accounted for less than 1% of seeds

Everyone needs to wake the fk up and stop worshiping a false Dutch god

Apologies I advance I’m exhausted by it and it’s time for some truths

You all ready ..?
Please enlighten us further :)

Latest posts

Latest posts