What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

wordsux

It would be nice to get ahold of some of those genetics. I am not pretty confident that the piff can be found in the tom hill haze now.

It was pretty much the only bud that actually impressed me in denver. most of the stuff is super generic and bland. Obviously this is from dispensaries not private growers. I am sure there is gold in those mountains...

bigherb

Veteran
Hedimonster

If its not a private cross it could possibly be a Dutchgrown cross phoenix who at the time was raided but had a Haze project With F1 Nevilles Haze seeds made by Nevil an i believe SSH .THe room was wrecked during the raid an seeds all over if i recall correct .Soo its possible to have Either NH x NH or NH x SSH If i recall correct

Wordsux

Sound like somthing id enjoy

But i tell you as Tom Hill told me His line has nothin to do with Uptown Haze no traits at all are present in his haze.Direct from his mouth VERY specifically to me more than once

I think the line is somethin worth searching reguardless for any Haze lover as there have been reports with high reguards from many respected members an old friend i miss admire an highly respect specifically

1luvbigherb

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Guess who's back? Back again. Haze is back. Tell a friend.

Guess who's back? Back again. Haze is back. Tell a friend.

Oh, look what I found. I believe some of you call this Piff? hahaha I gave up hope of ever finding her sometime around 2008 when I first germ tested some of the bag seed found in pick-ups of the stuff dating back to '02-'03. Figured that was my best chance at finding something like her. Then the plants stretched sky high, produced the wispiest little puff balls of hairs and calyxes at nodes spaced a mile apart and took forever to flower and the project got put on the back, back, back burner until I had time to torture myself again.

Then one day a couple months ago my friend surprised me with a bag of bud he just had to buy, even though he hasn't paid for weed since Bush was president, and tells me to take a whiff and tell him what I smell. What the...

:peacock:
picture.php

She looks pretty rough but that's how I got her. Actually looks a little better without the lower fans on that were yellow and spotted. Sometimes you get handed a woody, purple stemmed cutting with nutrient deficient leaves falling off and need to nurse it along until it roots because it's something you've been looking for the last 10+ years and thought it was dead and gone. Hard part is over, now I gotta get to work.

All I gotta say is, I love growers that don't fuck with forums or the internet and don't read threads like this or else they might have asked for a stack or two for a cut. hahaha If I told you what they wanted in return for it, you would call bullshit on me. I'll just say THANK YOU to all involved that made this possible.

Woooooooooooooo! :dance013:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Rasputin, nice find. Hope she turns out to be the piff we're all looking for. Keep us updated. I'm still hoping to grab a pack of 1 of Chimera Frankie's Incense Haze crosses next time they get stocked. Take care 1

wordsux

Wordsux

Sound like somthing id enjoy

But i tell you as Tom Hill told me His line has nothin to do with Uptown Haze no traits at all are present in his haze.Direct from his mouth VERY specifically to me more than once

I think the line is somethin worth searching reguardless for any Haze lover as there have been reports with high reguards from many respected members an old friend i miss admire an highly respect specifically

1luvbigherb

Well that's dissapointing to hear. They must share some common ancestry though. Even if indirectly, that scent is unmistakable.

If I am not mistaken the Tom hill haze is basically positronics original haze and is a combo of mexican, Columbian , indian, and thai..

bigherb

Veteran
They share an ancestor somewhere I agree how far back or from a cross of we may never know

If I recall THH is from 95 posi stock . The lumbo mex Thai S.indian is Sams story an he hasn't been precise as to which stock he gave who an contains what ?

But recently said the OHaze was 3 lumbos an one grower added Thai an S.indian while the other didnt add either

Tomhill admits the early 90's Dutch haze was all teak leather incense . But says his line doesn't hold it . I'm confused as to why not

Some have concluded the addition of afghan from NL have brought out the incense . But several reports on OHaze include incense

Don't be disappointed you haven't grown them out yet be thankful to IC

1luvbigherb

lovemyladys

old school haze

old school haze

Smells like ivory soap
Smoke smells like incense
Fluffy, heavy yielder

Attachments

• IMG_20141012_005326.jpg
    IMG_20141012_005326.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 20

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Hey Rasputin, nice find. Hope she turns out to be the piff we're all looking for. Keep us updated. I'm still hoping to grab a pack of 1 of Chimera Frankie's Incense Haze crosses next time they get stocked. Take care 1

I don't know man, not exactly sure what most people mean when they say piff. That term didn't pop up around my way until around 04 and it was just new slang for dro, never bought any Haze that was called piff. Not from the original connect at least but that's not to say they didn't call it that, they just never called it that when I dealt with them.

The only names I was given for the Haze I grabbed were Manhattan Brown and Catpiss which were two different kinds around at the time. Never came across any other types back then though I've heard there were 1-2 other kinds.

The cut I recently received smells practically identical to Manhattan Brown. Musty basement funk, leather and a complex undertone of spice and incense. If Chimera's Frankie line offers up plants with a similar profile I'll have to grab a pack or two, the males could offer some interesting possibilities for outcrossing.

headimonster

blue dream is hay.
unless your into medium potency strains.
as strong as purples, which isn't a good thing.

i may be medium, but i dont like my plants potency that way

lol agreedededed, i was just saying the nose/flave of the piff is reminiscent in the blue dream, not potency at all...although when the first bluedreams were coming out a while ago...like ten years? it was actually pretty uplifting smoke...

headimonster

I don't know man, not exactly sure what most people mean when they say piff. That term didn't pop up around my way until around 04 and it was just new slang for dro, never bought any Haze that was called piff. Not from the original connect at least but that's not to say they didn't call it that, they just never called it that when I dealt with them.

The only names I was given for the Haze I grabbed were Manhattan Brown and Catpiss which were two different kinds around at the time. Never came across any other types back then though I've heard there were 1-2 other kinds.

The cut I recently received smells practically identical to Manhattan Brown. Musty basement funk, leather and a complex undertone of spice and incense. If Chimera's Frankie line offers up plants with a similar profile I'll have to grab a pack or two, the males could offer some interesting possibilities for outcrossing.

yeah that basement funk,leather spicey incense, mmmmm arghhh (homer), yeah...that sounds like "the piff", it was a rapper term im pretty sure, before that we just called it haze, in florida ive heard its the "true crippy"...?

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
damn, that uptown piff ,.....I need it

damn, that uptown piff ,.....I need it

I wish I could grab her, still remember that shit that taste like soap, closest I came so far in seed in ghost trainhaze, smells lemony thought , not soapy, still a nice smoke,...great thread,

TS

headimonster

a friend on the big isle was just telling me last night he picked up some nevilles x ghosttrainhaze, said it smelled incenscey, spicey, with a lemon....he was hoping it leaned more towards nevilles, but he said it seemd more ghost train dom.

I actually see a lot of reports on incense frankincense these days I dunno if its people just trying to cash in on the description but its a lot more prevelent now the leather I been hunting a leather smell for years any suggestions even if its indica Dom I just need that taste lol

Rgd

Veteran
leather

grew hz xnl5 in 1989 two phenos 16 weeks both looked identical

one was ok …

one was like a trip to Hades

got the bag mixed up=gone

finished sugar leaf [almost none]looked like leather almost killed itself with its own resin

haze dominant..never to be seen again

must
get
frankies lol

Killahsmoke

Yea that haze used to get from NYC 2002-2010 was great a few different pheno all were great I loved the brown copper gold color haze! Right now I'm smoking on Silver Haze it smells like cat piss ammonia lemon cleaner with haze bite smells so LOUD! When you burn it smells like church frankincense I love it all I've been smoking for last 3 weeks & got me 4zips saved in jars for the Summer time!

S

sonofsour

Dope.

I would like to take a moment to get a little off topic and put out a call for your support.

I've finally gotten around to recording some of my music and it would mean a lot to me if you would give it a listen.
I've been working hard and this is not a joke to me. I have some insight I feel I need to share and this is my way of doing so.

So please give it a listen, like, share, and comment if you feel so inclined.

Listen hard and don't let anything go over your head. ;)

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-player-2014.2.php?mediaid=mbeccb2a&trackid=10

Again I very much appreciate your support fam!

And DO NOT WORRY! There is something else in the workings concerning the UPTOWN genetics. That is all I can/will say for now.

STAY UP AND STAY SAFE PEEPS!