What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

bigherb

Veteran
The black Haze is not this pheno but it has hints of cat piss and Thai and could pass as a NYC Haze if it's not already.
not sure what else more your digging for?
like i said i dont care...how often am i talking about piff/puff whatever?obviously not as much as you are?
l
e
t
i
t
g
o
:)

Money

Not sure why the Response

I wasnt trying to be insulting or rub ya the wrong way ,As you see i gave you respect

My point was you said somthing the opposite of what has been publicly posted

N believe dat i dont talk piff I tlk frankies LMAO

1luvbigherb

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
could pass as a NYC Haze if it's not already.
hook on phonickyx werkd for me.........if it's not already?
like i said this aint my thread....i wasn't the one hunting for her....could care less....
black's are fia!
FTW!!!!

k90728

What it do, coming from harlem.

Ive been smoking piff and its variants for 5+years

Ive only gained respect for piff when i realize everyone from all over was interested in it. I
always go why its jut normal bud??? but i realize its only normal to us uptowners but really its cus theres a story behind it.

Dominicans run the piff network in nyc.
I pick it up for about 225/oz
living in harlem my whole life so i know many many stories about the piff.

ART i didnt read the whole 37pages but im glad your making sure the piff keeps going.

Edit: What me any my boys call it. Project piff, cus it smells like the project hallways, half piss half love ya know.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
^^^ amen ...this harlem man is spot on ..Dominicans import or grow a shitload of this stuff ...Harlem puff isn't always the best ...but It is one of the original piff spots ..I prefer auto or post piff ...but amsterdam had me capping back in the day

bigherb

Veteran
could pass as a NYC Haze if it's not already.
hook on phonickyx werkd for me.........if it's not already?
like i said this aint my thread....i wasn't the one hunting for her....could care less....
black's are fia!
FTW!!!!

Lmao

I thought abit differnt of you til now ,This anint imporatnt to me ,Piff shit i dont smoke piff LOL i smoke church .Clearin the air is wats important Soo il keep it 100% as usual

we neva had no issue But i C U

If its not one its another this made me real clear who you are

hope you get to that smoke report white mike

We might all look at the same picture and see a different thing But threw my window its clear your ignorant

Read that post again fool

NYC haze is not one strain

There are many different versions of the NYC Haze, ranging from floral Thai to cat piss and everything in between. I know the cat piss pheno. The black Haze is not this pheno but it has hints of cat piss and Thai and could pass as a NYC Haze if it's not already. It smokes very strong and fills up the room with that classic haze smell and can hang with any NYC Haze
jj-nyc

Which means its similiar but Not it n can be one of the various Nyc hazes

Next you'll be lying like bagel j sayin blacks is santa cruz haze :moon:

jd4083

Veteran
damn fellas....the fuck is this, west side story? ya'll gonna throw your bags of piff and church on the sidewalk and have a dance off, or ya think you could keep the teenage girl drama to PMs maybe?

G

Guest3498

At least in kush threads people know exactly what they're talking about with regards to different particular kushes.

I've seen so many different grades, types, and batches of haze over the years, unless any of you have sourced a cut of this stuff and are talking about that specific cut speaking with any certainty is laughable. :2cents:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I look at it this way, haze will forever be a big debate and a huge part of east coast weed history imo. I think that now a days the people that run the grow ops in south florida don't even know the true lineage of their special herb. Lets be honest guys the people growing this stuff are total business men not some people that give a crap about its backgrounds, they want to grow high yielding potent bud for the most money they can get. They offer people that are maybe illegal immigrants or financially struggling a promise to own a home as long as they grow their X amount of years, usually 3-5, after so many years of this information is going to be lost. This is where I feel people start to think of different hazes, look if I handed out cuts of my Blueberry to 10 people they would all smell and taste similar but appearance would be different because not everyone will have the same grow techniques and use exactly same nutes. That being said I feel their are probably a few cuts they have and use that are all pretty similar. This is also why you can find price variance in haze's as well. I've seen ok haze go for as low a 3k and well grown as high as 6k depending on the batch.

This is just my opinion and no one has to agree with me but hear me out we should all enjoy the different "hazes" we are lucky enough to smoke and luckier to grow. I feel less and less of this stuff will be grown in the years to come. They're growing out 90 day plants and sending a lot of their stuff to NYC area to be spread out, right now more than ever they have to compete with so much cheap cali coming into the same area's and they will want to change their strains around to the 8-9 week stuff. I feel the only reason that area hasn't changed it up is because they don't know anything else, but as the weed game changes so do the people that grow it. Don't get me wrong their will always be a market for it but i think you'll find it harder and harder to get in the future. I may be 100% dead wrong but enjoy it while you can.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Lmao

I thought abit differnt of you til now ,This anint imporatnt to me ,Piff shit i dont smoke piff LOL i smoke church .Clearin the air is wats important Soo il keep it 100% as usual

we neva had no issue But i C U

If its not one its another this made me real clear who you are

hope you get to that smoke report white mike

We might all look at the same picture and see a different thing But threw my window its clear your ignorant

Read that post again fool

NYC haze is not one strain

Which means its similiar but Not it n can be one of the various Nyc hazes

Next you'll be lying like bagel j sayin blacks is santa cruz haze :moon:

like i really care what a big herb say's anyway....fuck tha smoke report...grow the herb find it on your own......like i said before im not from NY i was not raised on piff puday church block haze???whatever the fuck you cat's are searching for....i got it labeled as black haze...period.....
white mike eh?racist?maby?yeah keep it 1 my ass.....
aint the name of this thread "piff aka"...uptown/frankies/"church"...
so how many strain's are you really looking for? yeah nyc version of kush...
here ya go BH!:moon::tiphat:

bigherb

Veteran
like i really care what a big herb say's anyway....fuck tha smoke report...grow the herb find it on your own......like i said before im not from NY i was not raised on piff puday church block haze???whatever the fuck you cat's are searching for....i got it labeled as black haze...period.....
white mike eh?racist?maby?yeah keep it 1 my ass.....
aint the name of this thread "piff aka"...uptown/frankies/"church"...
so how many strain's are you really looking for? yeah nyc version of kush...
here ya go BH!:moon::tiphat:

I neva tried to argue or come at you ,You came out ya face

Racist neva that ,Its all about respect

understand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umkdr1X_0Cc

Like i said i understand where you stand

bigherb

Veteran
Vado

At least in kush threads people know exactly what they're talking about with regards to different particular kushes.

I've seen so many different grades, types, and batches of haze over the years, unless any of you have sourced a cut of this stuff and are talking about that specific cut speaking with any certainty is laughable.

With the first comment i dont really agree ,Becaz majority of those kush threads arent about kus they are about chemdawg hybrids

The second comment i agree with have have said since my first posting here ,There are many different cuts/grades/haze hybrids .With piff being a newer term that i wouldnt exspect ayone who uses the term to know of the best quality NYC haze caz wen the term became popular the quality already started to decline

Ottoman

I look at it this way, haze will forever be a big debate and a huge part of east coast weed history imo. I think that now a days the people that run the grow ops in south florida don't even know the true lineage of their special herb

Your whole post was Great and i agree with for the most part ,the backround isnt know or cared about by 98% of these growers ,the quality differ for several reasons and sadly the franks is becoming more like christmas dinner

Now id like to say much respect but this opinion has come from many that all the NYC haze comes from florida,Id say unless your from NYC you cannot comment on this without first hand knowledge.I know for fact that there is haze being grown in NYC aswell as comin in from FL.

Best wishes on the future plans of the project

1luvbigherb

ithruxix

I am in CA where everyone who is anyone has to have the illest kush. Personally, I love me some ssh. I honestly think the piff is an oldschool haze, given the description. Furthermore I wish the OP the best of luck at spreading this rarity around, because once I get my hands on it I'll work it right.

K+ art

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Big Herb, I don't doubt that the NYC haze is grown NYC, i think it's pretty obvious it is, I am also sure haze is being grown in other states as well. Im just talking about my experiences with haze and yes I am from the city area, and like i mentioned before its all about who you know, and the people i know get their shit from south florida and in the past we have gotten it straight from the city, It's all the same variations of piff in my experiences.

Also big Herb one of the main reasons I seen in price variation is the time when they pick actually harvest the bud, like i said i feel they have different cuts that are similar and they go anywhere from 90-120 days, if they only take the 120 day cut 90 days it gonna be cheaper no question, have you had similar experiences?

Also what i found different between the NYC haze producers and South Florida is that the Cubans seem to have a hold there while Dominicans have it in NYC. That being said I not making this a race thing its all about business and business is only one color, green. But this makes me believe that they have very similar strains but they are a little different being grown differently, but that's why they all have the recognizable smell and taste. I mean even if this are some old school haze genetics thinks about it if they got it from their home countries probably gonna have some similar herbs since their island are so close together. Also I will say this I read at the beginning of this thread that the Dominicans were pissed about this getting out to the public, the Cubans down south have been more than open to trade their haze cuts for new top elite genetics, i don't think they want to stop growing haze altogether but i think they like the idea of quicker harvest with easier to run strains, just my opinion tho.

BH not trying to argue but I do think it's good that we're trying to get as much positive information out their as possible...

yeshiva boys puff

yeshiva boys puff

uptown homies !!

picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
Ottoman

Much respect brother

Its all about sharing our experiences n doin Soo in a postive light as we both have

But its not cool wen folk try to put out miss info ,such as blacks = santa cruz haze

Soo ur a Ny native nice to kno ,u got da pleasure first hand .My experience with NYC haze is from 98 on ,I frequented the heights around 02/03 ,B4 then the haze is my area was basically from the same source an consistant church/Frankies ,about the same time i started to go uptown the quality declined and not long after the term piff came about .

What i will agree about is the same cut taken at different times is always adifferent end product n yes price will reflect ,But i will say ni my years I have seen many many different hybrids/strains of haze, Far from the same cut .

I dont have much knowledge about the scene in FL ,but i do know that one of my dominican friends has friends in FL .I highly doubt IMO that the NYC haze is a island strain of dominican or cuban origin .I'm not goin to get into that ,caz we/i have several times n recently in my Q for Sams Ohaze thread .

What i will say is the lack of experience or reports from Ot's who have actually experienced haze from santa cruz ,I recognized this in my first days n till this day a handful or less reports are posted .But one trait that many Ot's spoke of was Incense/ frankincense and the darker traits we (nyers) associate with haze spice musk catpiss

Honesy IMO there is not much more info i can offer on the nyc haze subject as i have sevral post threw the years ,i came to the thread recently to revea;l the truth or what you may say my perception of a public post was ,then i gave my experience that in lal my years of hundreds of haze samples i honestly cant say wat i smoked was sprayed

I believe that knowledge experience a watchful eye and educated palette can dechiper this Decision/opinion

I love the positive vibe ,I love the truth, I love the real that's NY baby

cravenmore

Respect to the jewish community in the heights as ther presence is recognized no question

Not sure if ur a NY native aswell ,But that is fact my jewish brother's love that good stuff especially haze

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts