What's new

Pics of, and notes on growing my cannabis

B

B. Self Reliant

I added silica to my Pure Blend Pro regimen, and the results were nice at first.

The difference was so immediately awesome, I pondered not even saying anything in public... this is too good for every Tom Dick and Harry to know... whoever has this knowledge will get an immediate competitive advantage. But, seeing as it has been my mission to teach what I know, I decided to fully share this information ONE TIME... And this was it.

Happy growing,
cc

If you don't want to get any more specific I understand, but I'd love to know how you added the silica. Did you use a commercially available supplement and just add it into your nutrient mix?

D

dramamine

Thank you for that, CC. Duly noted, for sure...I've meant to drop the ph+ and start using silica for some time. Gonna be this week now.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge. Please rest assured that many of us are actively taking notes.

It is quite apparent that you truly love and are dedicated to this craft!

Very best regards,

Ojo

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you don't want to get any more specific I understand, but I'd love to know how you added the silica. Did you use a commercially available supplement and just add it into your nutrient mix?

This is the place I will get specific. I used Pro-Tekt the first time. It has a high K value, which raises pH. There are other sources of additive silica in liquid form with lower levels of Potassium that will not mess with pH so much... But they also need more per gallon to get the right amount of silica... so... 6 of one, half dozen of the other... same idea.

In my own garden I used Pro-Tekt, but the other garden I spoke about used Botanicare's Silica Blast. Same basic results.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cannot express enough how much this discovery has changed the way I think about growing cannabis... It's like I have entered Crazy Composer's grow career version 2.0. :) Every strain I have every grown without silica can be grown again, and it will be like growing that strain for the first time. It's a completely new ballgame now, the rules have changed.

It's amazing to think that there are so many folks using silica for the health of the plant, and don't know that the good results they are getting in the quality of the smoke is because of the silica... It never occurs to people! It's been right there under our noses the whole time.

Think about it now... these plants THRIVE in their native environments... in the SANDY, pebbly soil of Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Think about it. ;) As it turns out, plants grown in sandy soils turn out so nice NOT solely because of the drainage provided by the sand, but by the silica in the sand. :)

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stay tuned! More interesting stuff to come! How about a finished Sharon White Widow with a bud that is half albino, half green? ;) It's being harvested as I type... and my Nikon battery is charging up just to shoot that one bud. ;)

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I left this picture BIG because you can zoom in and see how the material left behind by the burning plant (carbon) has kept its rigid structure, and has become ash. The silica has helped this structure become rigid. Joints without silica tend to ash off very easily, I think you all have noticed that. Now with silica, the ash will stay attached to the joint for longer, similar to how a cigarette burns. Silica helps keep the heat in the burn (the cherry), as well as invites air in, and will get you more stoned than herb that has any degree of trouble burning. The better the burn, the better the head. Probably because of the proper activation of the THC that occurs during a clean, even, slow burn.

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The return of Sharon... and her... idiosyncrasies

The return of Sharon... and her... idiosyncrasies

This is the first Sharon Widow I have grown in several years. I wondered if she still existed at one point... but now I know I have the real Sharon for sure... because she is the only herb I have ever grown that does this albino buds thing.

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I originally wanted this pic to be HUGE so you could scan up and down the leaf and scope the trichs... But it seems the pic has been automatically down-sized. :(

picture.php