What's new

Pics of, and notes on growing my cannabis

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
You so crazy, Crazy.

My last run I used a modified Lucas formula +hygrozyme +silica once around day 14 then for the last two of three weeks, last week being water only.

The results were great and I only expect to continue with minor tweaks along the way, such as adding Drip Clean from House and Garden for no salt build up. But here in lies my problem...I have a few larger 4ft bushes showing cal/mag problems, or at least that's what I'm coming to. Question is...I ran the last round without any cal/mag additives in straight coco and regardless the fair warning of adding cal/mag I never did and it seems to be more than okay. So why now do they seem to be wanting it more or showing deficient signs? I thought that the "Rezipe" needed no extra cal/mag and my last grow proved it so why now are they acting picky?

Anyways it made be connected to something you said earlier about more light=more nutes. I WAS growing in a small 4x4 with 600, now I'm halfing a sealed room with a friend and using 2000 +what ever extra lumens come from his half which is also 2000.

Anyways just seemed like a bit of a complex conundrum and I thought of you...you should feel special.

To show you a couple pics of what my last run did: (Bog Gear this last run)

DSC07879-1.jpg

DSC07874-1.jpg

DSC07861-1.jpg

DSC07825-1.jpg

DSC07907-1.jpg

Unknown

so you never use calmag at all and have no issues with that? Most people seem to think it is necessary for optimum growth in coco.

MtnLivin

so you never use calmag at all and have no issues with that? Most people seem to think it is necessary for optimum growth in coco.

All depends on the water you use.. I have tried multiple times to use no calmag but it's impossible with my water source.. I get deficiencies right away if I use no calmag.. Only way to find out is trial and error.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Only strains I ever need calmag for in coco are strains that crave it in any medium... OG kushes, bubba Kush, sour diesel.. And that's using RO water

G

GOOROO

in coco at least, I use calplex @ 3ml/gal every water.

Plants don't show much in the way of deficiency but def green up like crazy when calplex is added.

dj3hut1

Regarding silica, have you ever used the higromite? I used it to eliminate a fungus gnat problem I had, but noticed that the colas and other buds were a little more dense. Just wondering what your opinion on Higromite is.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Interesting I haven't looked at any of your threads in quite some time, and noticed the posts about the MOB. And that definitely looks like her, but not quite dialed in though, I only say that due to the relatively small calyx size. I have smoked many examples of MOB from numerous growers in the noreast, and I was impressed, however not as impressed as when I grew it myself, using the GO line of nutes. I did notice the large amount of amber trichs in your macro shots, but I was wondering how long you let her go. I know a lot of folks were taking her down kind of early. I have brought her around a lot of different places and people are prefering her to almost everything else. I do want to state that I hope this post isn't offensive in anyway, I just found it interesting that we both had this specific and rare cutting in our gardens at the same time period. I have had this cutting since 09 and I don't invision her going anywhere in the visible future. Matter of fact I got a hole rooms worth of clones going right now. I think we are gonna have to get some of my photographer buddies over her to take some prime shots of her, come time. I do also have lab results for her, only in jpg form however, I could post if cool with you? Well enough rambling, PEACE

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Shit forgot one thing, I noticed your many posts about silica products. And I just wanted to mention that anyone using GH ph up when feeding is getting a nice dose of pottasium silicate as well. I was supplementing my silicates for a minute while I was also using GH ph up and then I noticed this, needless to say I don't use any silica supplement anymore, I believe it was actually to much when used together. Just though I would drop that, and they are the only one I have noticed to use it in there ph up. I have also been using PRO-tekt, combined with fox farm's new test foliar spray flower's kiss with amazing success on my grhs crops. I use the pro-tekt to raise the ph of my foliar spray to around 6.5-6.8, I don't like to use a foliar spray that is to acidic.