What's new

Phillthy Gets Dirty...

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New room, some new plants, and some new techniques....

Fem OG Kush. Had some heat stress during the first month of veg. Bounced back like a rubber band though. I'll take clones this week then flower them out. Waiting on a dehumidifier and some supplies for the veg room so this is all i have at the moment. Hope you enjoy.

Phillthy

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok now that I am awake I will provide more details for those interested.

OG Kush S1 beans. Don't know what cut, they were gifted to me. They were vegged under t5's for almost 2 months. Never topped or pruned. Currently they are in 1 gallon bags but will be transplanted to 3 gallon to flower. The t5s got a lil close and heat stressed them for a minute. Had some leave curl and dryness. Raised the light when I caught it and they came right around.

They are currently under 1000w MH. They are in the flower room as I am building a two tier veg space next door. I will start under t5s, veg under 400w MH, then switch to 1000w HPS for flower and finally finish out under 1000w MH. Perpetual setup that will yield every 35 days I am guessing.

Completely sealed, insulated, soundproofed room. Will be adding the co2 burner soon. The new 65 pint dehumidifier will sit on the rack pictured in the flower room above. The 2 1000w lights are in Super Sun 2 hoods on a Light Rail 5. The 400's are in SS2 hoods as well. Using SS10 switchable ballasts. They really don't hum that loud nor get that hot. The AC keeps everything at the temp I set.

All of the plants are pretty uniform. Out of 9 I have one mutant and one pheno that is slightly different. The mutant conforms to the rest of the plants but has asymmetrical nodes since a seedling. The different pheno has some thinner leaves and stinks the worst so far. Using nothing but tap water for this grow. The soil has all the goods in it already.

DIRTYDEEDS

HEY THERE PHILLTHY NICE SET UP. I JUST GOT ONE QUESTION FOR IS YOUR SOIL STORE BOUGHT OR IS IT YOUR OWN MIX AND IF SO WOULD YOU CARE TO ELABORATE ON IT.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The main recipe came from blazeoneup. I added a pinch of worm casings and a pinch of kelp meal. This takes me through 30 days veg, through 60-70 days flower, to chop, with nothing but water from my tap. I don't even PH the water.

Blaze's thread is here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=59380&highlight=blazeoneup+dirt

This is his recipe i use:

3/4 bail promix bx (3cf)
1 bag MG Garden Soil (1.8cf)
1 cup bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1/2 cup dolomite lime
3/4 cup kelp meal
3/4 cup worm casings
20% perlite

Thanks for checking in ;)

DIRTYDEEDS

AWSOME... HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN GROWING WITH THIS SOIL MIX BECAUSE IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GOOD MIX MYSELF. ANY INPUT ON HOW WELL IT WORKS FOR YOU WOUL BE APPRECIATED :)

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my third round. I have made slight changes here and there but it never disappoints. If you use the recipe straight from blaze's thread you will be impressed. I have never had any deficiencies, no issues with anything really. The last 2 weeks I water with some molasses.

Don't use it on seedlings though. I start my seedlings in Fox Farm Light Warrior. Once they are good and rooted (2 weeks), I transplant into this mix. When I clone I also start in straight promix or FFLW for 7-10 days after they root in plugs. It is simple, straight forward, and no nonsense. I hope that helps!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Good stuff, Phillthy. Interesting mix you're using, I gotta take a closer look into that. Plants look lush man, nice work. I'll be stopping by for sure. :joint:

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
wow very very nice PHILLTHY awesome room and so clean .i tried MG soil before and didnt have very good luck with it
awesome show i'll be tagging along for the ride

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys! I will be taking clones today and working on the seed/clone/veg/drying spot some more.... lol.

The flower room is almost 10' x 8' x 8' and the veg is 4' x 8' x 8'. There is a door between the two so I lose some wall/floor space but it was all I had to work with.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice setup ow many tons is your mini?

It's a 1 ton. Works great and is super quiet. i have had it running with 3k lit up and there were no issues.

Sleepy said:
very nice setup...

nice and clean!

pretty plants, too.

tagging along...

Thanks! Almost have the veg room done. Take pics shortly.

MeltingPOT said:
Good luck with em Phillthy. They look like they're loving it.

Appreciate it. I cloned them and they have really taken off the last few days. Once I have good rooted clones they will be switched to flower.

Stick around!

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Very nice setup, and the plants are looking super healthy!

Looking forward to veg room pics! Subscribed!

+K to you

Latest posts

Latest posts