What's new

Phantom's 2012 outdoor, partly swamp

bogatin

Bogatin: It's exactly what you think it is and for the others it's chicken manure and no it's not too much.

Heh. And I though I was exaggerating with it. Lol. Thanks for this information.

When I prepare a native soil bed I throw something like 2kg per m2, when I prepare a hole I add 3,5kg per 100L of soil which would probably many of you take as a very high dosage, but this year I accidentaly added the double dosage (3,5kg to 50L or 15% of total soil) to 1 hole and the plant wasn't burned at all.

Again ... good shit to know. How long did you wait until transplanting a plant into that "over-fertilized" hole?

Phantomx

Eugen: Thanks, but I think that I won't be able to get this stuff, because I've never heard of it before.

bogatin: If I can, I wait 1 month, but my buddy planted this year in a 2 m2 bed 1 day after preparin it, to this bed he added a half 15L bag of bogatin, wich would be about 5kg of chicken manure (5:3:3) and way more lime than I do and the plants weren't burned.

The Boys

as far as i know most wood ash contains high levels of K, i saw this in a video of an australian grower who simply burned some big logs for an orgnic source of K.though i dont know how much you would need.

bogatin

Eugen: Thanks, but I think that I won't be able to get this stuff, because I've never heard of it before.

bogatin: If I can, I wait 1 month, but my buddy planted this year in a 2 m2 bed 1 day after preparin it, to this bed he added a half 15L bag of bogatin, wich would be about 5kg of chicken manure (5:3:3) and way more lime than I do and the plants weren't burned.

Maybe because it acts as a slow release fertilizer...

I had friends which planted plants into pure bogatin. They didn't last long. :)

bogatin

as far as i know most wood ash contains high levels of K, i saw this in a video of an australian grower who simply burned some big logs for an orgnic source of K.though i dont know how much you would need.

Great to know. Most of my patches this year are prepared on small clearings where local farmers burned branches of logs they cut down...

1Maconheiro

In the Southern part of the world, planning on doing my first guerrilla grow this summer (season starts in September) tuning in for the show..

Phantomx

The boys: Yes I've heard this before, my father also always adds wood ash to fruit trees and grapevine. However, the reaction of ash is alkaline. I guess if you don't add too much this shouldn't be a big problem tho.

Bogatin: Pure bogatin is just too hot to plant directly, horse manure is much weaker. Maybe you could try to plant directly into bogatin, after flushing it a few times to wash the water soluble part of the fertilizer out and then let it sit for a while (just to see what happens).

1Maconheiro: Take a seat.

Any other organic K fertilizers?

Phantomx

Swamp update.

Lets start with the bad news. When I came to the spot the Frisian was lying on the ground, the main stem has split and this has triggered a chain reaction and most of the branches broke down. I knew I had to go to the spot last week, but I didn't have the time. Actualy I bound the branches preventively together last time, but I didn't do it good enough. I tried to fix what I could and now we'll see. I wanted to put some hortinova on but because the plant was lying on the ground the branches weren't in the right position, so I'll do it next week. The frisian is also flowering already, I actually hoped to get this early pheno, but now that the plant was broken some extra weeks of growth would be good.

I think I'll lose this branch

Phantomx

Flowering

And now to the better news. Lets start with the Sweet tooth. I've pulled some hortinova on and I pulled the plant in position, because it was too much leaning south

TrainWreck

Phantomx

Purple Maroc
I'm dissapointed about this strain. All branches are going vertically it also isn't leaf spot fungus resistant and the worst thing is that it isn't flowering yet, because the main reason I took this strain is that it was told to be super early. I've LSTd her to get the most of her.

Church

Passion

I added bat guano to some.

Greets, Phantom.

bogatin

Wow! Don't fell bad. Those plants are supercool and they will recover. I had plants split in half and there was no problem.

Anywa ... Those are supercool. Monster plants for guerilla!

How much Bat Guano do you add and where do you buy it (you can PM me if you think necesseary)

again ... awesome

I miss Church. Her buds had the best smell. Finished in the middle of October for me...

jeffd7766

That Trainwreck is gorgeous. Wish i felt safe enough to put pics up....We have had nothing but sunshine for 4 weeks and not a day over 95....the girls are all loving life and NOT stretching like last year.......Another strain that seems to be doing abs fabulous is Called Rambo....or lambo now i think.....you should check it out

Many kudos friend....stay green:dance013:

Phantomx

Bogatin: I buy it here: http://www.slo-growshop.com/
I'll tell how much I added next week, when I see if the plants were burned (so that I don't recommend anything that is too much).

jeff: Thanks. I like the structure of the Tw, because it doesn't seem too need any support.

anchient

phantomx the girls look great! mine split some times. i just tape them back togeather with electrical tape, it streches with them when they grow. then use stakes and rope just like yours. do not use wire or anything that will not grow with them. i have tied them up before with small wire around splits or falling branches and had the plant grow right around the wire. can't be good. wonder why yours are flowering allready? mine are not even close. i started in march and aprial in coldframe. some pre flowers but not much else. i use fem seeds, as i don't like wasteing half of my spots on males. and been supercroping alot for first time. i understand that slow them down from flowering. glad to see that yours are doing so good. talk to you later, anchient

Bud Sweat

nice plants PhantomX, looks like you will have a good year reguardless of loosing a branch or 2. With reguard to the Guano you should be able to add quite a bit without burning them. I was able to add multiple handfuls of pelletized Peruvian Seabird Guano (10-10-2.5) last year without burning them (50 gal containers). I will add more this year, hopefully on Monday - I just bought 25lbs. This time of year is great to use this type of guano as it has plenty of P-K for the transition to flower with still enough N to keep things green and healthy. Good luck

anchient

phantomx. seen mine today, some pics. the one with tape is a preemptive tape job. i get them same splits and cracks every year. lost a big branch this year with split to carpentor ants. they made house in there, sprayed with liquid severn.killed them quick. some other pics labled i hope. later anchient

Attachments

• 7-21-2012   tape job.jpg
    7-21-2012 tape job.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 7-21-2012 big sun leaf.jpg
    7-21-2012 big sun leaf.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 7-21-2012 deer block.jpg
    7-21-2012 deer block.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 7-21-2012 hard to see 7 foot mad shack.jpg
    7-21-2012 hard to see 7 foot mad shack.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 7-21-2012 no buds yet.jpg
    7-21-2012 no buds yet.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 5

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey anchient,
great idea with the deer stop!!
i like the tape job as well... better safe than sorry :good:

phantomx,
keep up the good work. nice plants inna guerilla stylee :tiphat:

Chong

phantomx: cracking looking plants. Keep posting progress, i am especially interested in that sweet tooth in 500l hole and scroged. How much do you think the biggest plant will give you, if everything goes perfect?
What will you use for flowering?
Chong

Ps: I hope your wrong about that branch, couse i broke my bigest plant in half, i will look at it in few days.

Phantomx

anchient: Does this tape hold all the time or does it fall down after some time? I wouldn't use tape, because mold could attack the branch.

Eugen: Thanks.

Chong: The sweet tooth isn't scroged, the net is just there to hold the branches in place. I don't know about the yield the sweet tooth is a little behind of where she should be, if she starts flowering a little later or if she will still stretch she should yield at least 1,5kg.

This branch that I think I will lose is barely connected with the plant. If your branch has just split then there shouldn't be a big problem.

For flowering I will use bat guano and hope they won't show any K deficiency.