What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People who have grown Trainwreck

F_T_P!

Like others have said you won't know for sure until you flip her

It should only take a couple weeks to reveal her true identity: Use some silica and bamboo sticks to help the stems support the fat sticky buds heading your way:

I know of only ONE Trainwreck, Arcata TW. Arcata is a town on the coast in Humboldt county, California. Grat3fulh3ad and Billygoat are separately releasing a Trainwreck backcross using The Arcata cut and billygoats oriental express (Trainwreck x Thai).

Here is a top of the original:yummy:

picture.php

That's the TW as I remember it. I used to grow TW back in 99-02/03. I used to let her get really tall, supercrop her, stake & trellis her up, and yielded between 1.7lbs-2lbs per 1000k--on average. Very aromatic!! My only complaint about TW is I built up a tolerance to her really quick.

Lucky 7

I grew out 2 GH Trainwreck seeds last winter, results were very positive.... seems very likely they carry the real deal . . . quiet you haters!

Very floppy, funky smelling---Lemon mentholated dead whale dipped in gasoline.--- and potent. The calyx sp? are huge.

You vet TW peeps tell me now, do you dream strange stuff?? I always (wife too) have the weird dreams with this stuff, it seems to a trait, and I rarely recall my normal dreams . . . .

issack

Veteran
Well here is what that mom puts out. I have had several outdoor runs and this is my first indoor with her.. she loves hydro.. This is only 30 days flower.

dsc04545.jpg

dsc04547.jpg

dsc04550.jpg

dsc04540.jpg

dsc04542.jpg

dsc04534.jpg

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I know of only ONE Trainwreck, Arcata TW. Arcata is a town on the coast in Humboldt county, California. Grat3fulh3ad and Billygoat are separately releasing a Trainwreck backcross using The Arcata cut and billygoats oriental express (Trainwreck x Thai).

Here is a top of the original:yummy:

picture.php
out of everythign posted this looks to be the legit trainwreck imho... it should have purple stems and wavy/curly pistols whengrowing....

Lone Wolf

Veteran

DAMN DUDE.... I NEED this cut! you got all of this in that small little pot?!?!?!? holy moly... im truly amazed... just think if you stuck this cut in a nice hydro system with plenty of room for root growth underneath a 1kw light.... KABOOOOM!

:tiphat: HATS OFF TO YOU MY FRIEND

illKills

Stoner Gardener: Those S1's from Jojo are very stable and true/close to the original. As good as you can find aside from the original cut. ;)

JOE CHRONIC

There is only one true Trainwreck strain, a lot of hybrids going around and even some fairy tails about T.W. seeds.

It's clone only, I have pictures of mine in my sig...

Lone Wolf

Veteran
There is only one true Trainwreck strain, a lot of hybrids going around and even some fairy tails about T.W. seeds.

hey joe, it i am pretty dang sure man has figured out how to turn a clone into somewhat of a pretty darn good copy of ittself via seed in this century... i could be wrong though, but i am pretty sure this can be achieved via a few different proven methods...

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
from the seeds ive seen that are called trainwreck... they are nothing like the original... breeders dont breed they got clones cross them with something use the clones name and sell it....

I'm growng TW, I got one seed from a friend who was growing it and I found the seed on a bud, so I'm assuming it was from a hermie plant, but not sure. Could be from a hermie of another strain that got the TW preggers. I am cropping today and will post pics. My plants are tall about 3.5 feet with very strong purplish stems. In fact the bulk of the stems is one thing I don't like it weighs too much! LOL

Also, This is my third run from clones of the orginial seed and I have built up a tolerance also. Next time around I am only growing 5 TW.

Man that shot of the the spidery plant with buds down to the base is DA BOMB!

igrowone

Veteran
haven't had the privilege of running the Arcta TW, being in NY will make that tough
but am running a TW cross, brainwreck which supposedly is a TW x WW cross
it seems to have something of the lemon/menthol smell, very nice smell when rubbed
also has the burgundy leaf stems and it did hermie, but looks like the roosters were sterile

S

stickey fingers

KIND1budz, that train wreck is amazeing !!!!
trainwreck is one of my all time favorite strains!
love the discreption "dead wale dipped in lemon gasoline"
My only problem is TW seems to be #1 fucked up strains, due to all the closet hack breeders, and indca phenos running around. i wish they would preserve the acarta trainwreck and other qausi land race strains, i wish head seeds would perserve the nor cal purple kush, like they have done trainwreck, sorry about the rant i neeed to get high!

SPECIAL THANKS DR JAY

Fairy Tale? I suppose those "clone only" TW's came from fairy dust?

There are original seeds of Arcata TW. Very, very few people have the seeds. And there aren't many left. Please don't say the platypus doesn't exist because you have never seen one. :)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2439044

Billygoat

Fairy Tale? I suppose those "clone only" TW's came from fairy dust?

There are original seeds of Arcata TW. Very, very few people have the seeds. And there aren't many left. Please don't say the platypus doesn't exist because you have never seen one. :)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2439044

You are right about the seeds. Dr. Jay and Eric, RIP guys. Are the ones that worked this famous strain. I was lucky enough to become Dr.Jay's friend and had many talks with him before passing of cancer. They had two Pheno's from their works. One was like a spear or Donkey Dick. This one was kept around for a while. Then there is the famous viney one we all know and love. That being the famous e-32 cut. The e-32 also did better with training and cropping.

As for the seeds. I know of a couple of people that have them. I was lucky enough to get some last year. Didn't get many, but got enough. The problem with these seeds. Is, they take a long time to mature. That's why the cut is faster. It's been at full maturity for a while. Plus, with the Thai and Mexican Sativa. You have to select the shorter more Afghani if you can't finish her or a good mixture.

Yes, there where seeds like Ocean Grown had posted. Last I heard from friends. Eric daughter took over some of his work. There where some other projects these guys where working on. Since they really did help cancer and AIDS patients. RIP guys.
Take care,
BG

PicosPoisonftw!

I have grown TW that originated from woodhorse seeds, they were
f3's and not overly stable but definitely tw dominant, they grow squat style plants that are wider then they are high most hermied but one didn't and she is the one i selected and still have.

I have also made a cross with c99 and it is again tw dominant with more resin production and very high yeilds

These pics are of the cross, the buds seem to very much be thai in my opinion
attachment.php

that's insane! :bow: