What's new

People hating cheap seed companies.

D

deepforest

u guys make me laugh

ive smoked what u guys call "elite" cuts , ive spent money on expensive seeds and selected the best phenos

and you know what?

my bros 10 year old northern lights plant is just as good as most of this stuff

jeeez

find something else to waste ur money on

p.s. before joining ICMAG (or any other weed forum) i didnt even know this kind of culture existed. waht im talking about is the obsession with these elite cali genetics and hard to find strains etc. etc. it boggles my mind. i love good weed and i guarantee u can find a good pheno in a 30$ pack of mandala or nirvana almost if not just as good as your og kush fire haze supersilver chemdog elite whatever blah

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
not only are they well priced but in my experience you get 13 seeds a pack and steele is extremely helpful, everything from lineage to the grow itself. i got 100 percent germ rates and some stinky son bitches in veg right now

what are you growing? trying to figure out what to get......thinking about mob boss and ultra sonja......

solarz

^^ you're obviously in it for different reasons that others. You have to look at it like alchohol...i mean, yea i could go to the liquor store and get a plastic bottle of twist cap vodka...and of course it will get me drunk if i drink enough. Now i could also have better taste than that and get the Remy Black label...and still get drunk if i drank enough. The difference you ask, b/c it both gets me drunk, is the experience i have while getting drunk, and after i've gotten drunk. Now i PROMISE you that plastic bottled, twist cap vodka won't be able to compare in the experience...just my $.02. If you're not a drinker, let me know and i'll try to give you a better analogy, maybe using pussy or something along those lines...lol

solarz

solarz

what are you growing? trying to figure out what to get......thinking about mob boss and ultra sonja......

Why not get all three...you get a crazy ass discount on them. Check his help desk to get the particulars...i've been thinking about pulling the trigger myself, but i have a SHITLOAD of beans to get to in the fridge now...

solarz

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i don't have enough growing experience to say, but if i'm growing a personal stash and someone can deliver with a product that gives 3 phenos out of a pack of 10, all germ, all females, with one top notch pheno, then $250 is absolutely NOTHING compared to the time to sort thru 10 seeds, sexing 'em, and trying to find a winner. there is no doubt at all about that ... only whether or not the breeder's claim is true (and you honestly assess your growing skills). the time and grief saved is not comparable in the least to, say, the price difference between a $50 pack and a $200 pack.

now, if you're looking for a breeding strain, that's a different story.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
what is so good about buying or selling cannabis seeds as a useful product to many is that you can grow an infinite amount of 'erb from them........so no matter what the cost it is easily recouped from just one plant....

Imagine if you could buy a T.V. or a cell-phone and clone them ad-infinitum to make many more for years to come......would you then complain about the price?

krunchbubble

Veteran
what is so good about buying or selling cannabis seeds as a useful product to many is that you can grow an infinite amount of 'erb from them........so no matter what the cost it is easily recouped from just one plant....

Imagine if you could buy a T.V. or a cell-phone and clone them ad-infinitum to make many more for years to come......would you then complain about the price?

wow! good point.........

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran

You know there'd be a few people complaining

indifferent

Veteran
Good point, Gypsy, and I don't have a problem with paying a high price when I know the breeder has put in the hard work to create a unique and worthy seedline, examples of this are DJ Short and Shantibaba with strains like Flo and SSH.

However, there are way too many seed companies who lie to us and rip us off with high prices for seeds that have been hacked together.

In any other industry that wasn't such a gray market as the cannabis seed business, it wouldn't be too hard to find out which products are worth the money and which aren't, but being a shady business, truth is thin on the ground, sadly.

I can think of one example of a seed company who released a new line last year at 160 dollars a pack that had a fancy name with the word Kush in it attached to attract folks and they hadn't even made the seeds themselves, they had bought them in from Spain and you could but the exact same seeds from a different company for half the price.

That's like Rolls-Royce taking a Ford Mondeo, sticking their grille and bonnet emblem on it and selling it for the price of a regular Rolls.

Some would call that fraud.

krunchbubble

Veteran
it has been my experience in the past 13 years buying seeds, spending 10's of thousands on genetics, is that the more expensive seed produced better product.
ive grown tons of different varieties from tons of different seed companies, from $450 packs to $25-50 a pack. the strains in my rooms are generally the more expensive packs, not by choice, but by selection.
i still buy cheaper seeds to try them out, have a couple varieties right now, 12" tall from seed that im trying out, they are skunk ibl, subrobs skunk ibl/gdp and road kill skunk/deep chuck. the best, cheap variety i ever got was subcools third dimension.

G

gogoplata420

ultra sonja but technically im not growing them anymore, a friend is helping me out cuz my veg area was not prepared for this kind of stink... havent flipped them yet but im looking forward to it

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes I see your point indifferent.....

....and a site like www.icmag.com is here to help inform the ever growing growing community of situations such as you have explained...

I have always tried to advertise and sell seeds that actually do grow out to description and at a fair price (based upon what the breeder/seed maker wants).....giving many away for free at the same time to help encourage those that wish to grow......

....and when all is said and done, it is the choice of the buyer to pay higher or lower for seeds.......and it is true that price does not always determine quality.....

SuperConductor

Veteran
Must remember that cheap doesn't necessarily equal value for money, your time and electricity is expensive so you need to put in the research on sites such as this one, it's well worth the time. Some expensive seeds are definitely good value for money.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
its a fair point to make I say... even if you paid 200 bucks for a pack of seeds, and grew a pound of half decent herb... wouldnt that still be the best deal you ever got?
;)

SuperConductor

Veteran
Yeah, it all comes down to how satisfied you are, check out the DJ forum for people who got value for money on pricey seeds.

bromhexine

Yeah its like when you go to university and they charge you 20k per semester.. sure its alot and way overpriced but after enough years working you'll get your money back! someone needs to step in here and just start a company where he pubicly states that he buys the expensive seeds and breed them and sells for a reasonable price ( considering one plant can provide hundreds of seeds a reasonable price should be 20 bucks for ten)

Mc__Nugget

i love good weed and i guarantee u can find a good pheno in a 30$ pack of mandala or nirvana almost if not just as good as your og kush fire haze supersilver chemdog elite whatever blah

I completely agree. tried blueberry, ssh, gdp, chem dawg and many others and still end up falling back to Mandala's Satori and Mandala #1 every time. i couldnt be more thrilled with these guys work, and the prices they put on their 10 packs.

Mc__Nugget

Yeah its like when you go to university and they charge you 20k per semester.. sure its alot and way overpriced but after enough years working you'll get your money back! someone needs to step in here and just start a company where he pubicly states that he buys the expensive seeds and breed them and sells for a reasonable price ( considering one plant can provide hundreds of seeds a reasonable price should be 20 bucks for ten)

The part about university is true, but ive been kinda turned off to breeding strains that have been worked with a lot already. it seems like one would be better off if they added some hybrid vigour to some of the very "commercialized" strains. Im all about getting back to nature. And on top of that it would kinda suck for the original breeder to do a lot of work on a strain just to get undercut by someone who knows how to feminize / breed.

indifferent

Veteran
Yes I see your point indifferent.....

....and a site like www.icmag.com is here to help inform the ever growing growing community of situations such as you have explained...

I have always tried to advertise and sell seeds that actually do grow out to description and at a fair price (based upon what the breeder/seed maker wants).....giving many away for free at the same time to help encourage those that wish to grow......

....and when all is said and done, it is the choice of the buyer to pay higher or lower for seeds.......and it is true that price does not always determine quality.....

I gotta say Gypsy, this site is probably the best place there is to share info with others and inform oneself in order to avoid making the wrong decision when purchasing seeds so big props for that.

I won't mention the names because they aren't affiliated with this site or sold here, but there are quite a lot of downright fraudulent seed companies out there these days.

I do have confidence when buying from Gypsy, although I haven't bought more than 2 packs of seeds in the last 2 years, got so many damn seeds in my stash I decided I had to stop buying more, it becomes like an addiction!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
seriously... this place has changed my life man :)

the wealth of good information here is worth more than you can ever spend on seeds..in the long run good info is probably as important (or maybe even more) as good genes :)

Latest posts

Latest posts