What's new

Penguin's Micro Grow - White Widow & LSD

Penguin59

Cheers for the inputs, gavin & High Country.

Update: Big update this time. I've just recently bought a new cupboard to set up a new grow & i'll put the LSD seedling in that & fill this screen with the White Widow girl instead.

I've started LST-ing the White Widow a bit more with some pipecleaners & it seems to be working quite well. The lower laterals are really coming through the screen now. I'm gonna try & LST the 3 growing tips horizontally across the screen & try & get it all filled. Check out the shots below:

picture.php

picture.php

You can see the lower shoots have reached the screen & are coming
through now

picture.php

Pipe Cleaners

picture.php

Training the middle branch across the screen

picture.php

LSD growing again, about to be moved out of the cab.
Looks like it might have a ph lockout issue. I think the ph
might be a bit low.

Enjoy,
Penguin

Penguin59

UPDATE:

The White Widow girl is really pumping away now. Heaps of growing tips coming up. Most of the growing tips are right below the screen & will hopefully hit it in the next day or 2. I'm training the 3 main growing tips quite well across the screen & she's looking pretty healthy. I reckon she'll only need a week or 2 more of veg & then i'm gonna flip her. Cant wait!!!

Enjoy these pics below:

picture.php

There are heaps of growing tips lurking below these top shade leaves so use your imagination haha

picture.php

Beautiful budding site & perfect green colour.

picture.php

Middle growing tip bending back up to the light.

picture.php

Another main growing tip growing along the screen

picture.php

I defoliated her a couple of days back for ventilation & she's loving it now :)

Penguin

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Keep weaving in and out of that screen Penguin, you will get lot's of bud sites when the nodes are exposed to light. Fill that screen up then flip them. Go Penguin. Hoorah.

Keep weaving in and out of that screen Penguin, you will get lot's of bud sites when the nodes are exposed to light. Fill that screen up then flip them. Go Penguin. Hoorah.

In SCROG you don't weave 'in and out'. The plant pushes up against the screen and you tuck them under the screen when they grow through one of the holes. I have only seen them continually tucked under the screen. I believed with an over and under method, it would cause problems when the plant stretches during flowering. The stems wouldn't be able to elongate normally.

Penguin59

In SCROG you don't weave 'in and out'. The plant pushes up against the screen and you tuck them under the screen when they grow through one of the holes. I have only seen them continually tucked under the screen. I believed with an over and under method, it would cause problems when the plant stretches during flowering. The stems wouldn't be able to elongate normally.

Yeh that's what i've been doing Ordinary Joe. As you can see in the photos, the main stems are going back up towards the light & when they're long enough to be pushed back under the next screen square then i tuck them back under. This screen should be filled in no time.

Hey Darwin, how much does this White Widow stretch again? It's about 6 or so inches yeh?

Penguin

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Looking great:)!! You'll have a handful of buds in no time Penguin59!!:dance013:
As I was new to scrog this time, I weaved quite a few branches with no harm whatsoever...maybe this is a new thing? The branches grew stronger and farther than I expected too..
thats why my screen has'nt gone up hardly at all either...
but you my friend are doing a awesome job:tiphat:
looking forward to more pics too!!
take care

Penguin59

UPDATE: Hey all, the last couple of days have been pretty eventful. She's been growing even further along the screen and i've been tucking her back under every 3 or so days. All the growing tips that were lurking below the screen have now emerged and are growing up catching the light!

Today i gave her a huge prune. I got rid of all the fan leaves below the screen that weren't catching any light & cut off all the leaves on the underside of the LST'd stems. In doing so, i found heaps of other laterals that have started growing underneath the screen. She's got so many lower laterals now that i've started choosing which squares of the screen i want each one to grow through :)

I reckon i'm about 2-3 weeks away from flipping her to 12/12 so stay tuned!

picture.php

Great bird's eye shot of all growing tips coming up

picture.php

Wider shot with LSD seedling in the background

picture.php

Underneath the screen after more de-foliation and more laterals coming up!

picture.php

Middle growing tip is really long & horizontal now

picture.php

Penguin

Penguin59

Cheers Pancho & Darwin! Things are going really well, thanks for the awesome support :)

Hey shroomy, i reckon i'll be vegging for another 2 weeks approx. She's looking pretty fat now but i reckon i want about 3/4 of the screen full & also have the growing tips about 2 or so inches above the screen...then i'll flip her. The stretch should make her grow another couple of inches so she'll be within an inch or 2 of the the CFLs, prime position for flowering :D Any thoughts?

Btw i just thought i'd add, the light cycle is currently 20/4. I WOULD be doing 24/0 but because i'm using this cab as my bedside table, the fiancée can't sleep with the fans on lol so it goes off for 4 hrs at midnight so she can get to sleep & then they come back on at 4am haha. This grow has lasted almost 6 weeks & i'm losing 4 hours of light a day. This equates to 28 hours a week of lost light & over this 6 week period i've lost 168 hours' (or 7 day's) worth of light. In other words, this plant's growth is 1 week behind the size it should be by now :(

Penguin

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
sounds like you got it all worked out :) just be careful as the stretch might catch you out by an inch or 2, in a cab that can mean fried plants..

Penguin59

just be careful as the stretch might catch you out by an inch or 2

Yeh i was definitely concerned bout that mate. Wen do you think i should begin flowering then? When all the growing tips are just above the screen or 1 inch above it or...? I think the stretch for this girl is about 6 inches but i don't want her too close to the light wen flowering. Wat do u reckon?

Penguin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Yeh i was definitely concerned bout that mate. Wen do you think i should begin flowering then? When all the growing tips are just above the screen or 1 inch above it or...? I think the stretch for this girl is about 6 inches but i don't want her too close to the light wen flowering. Wat do u reckon?

Penguin

i'd let the screen fill and have everything through by at least 1-2 inches, when i did a micro grow with this girl and flowered her she bairly ended up a few inches above the screen so i think you'll be fine, if you want nice decent colas let it all come through the screen a bit before hand

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
having not grown her out yet mate i cant comment on her stretch, but id deff follow darwins advice to the letter :) as he pretty dialed her in first go :) best of luck with it Penguin59 I know you will do her proud mate :D

Penguin59

UPDATE: So a HUGE update today. I've been making some changes that i think you'll all enjoy. First thing is that i've flipped to 12/12!!! The countdown begins :D

The White Widow clone hadnt filled up the screen completely and i was tired of waiting so i claimed one of Darwin's White Widow clones that was already in flower. She's at the back right of the cab now. This new addition should fill up the back corner of the screen for me and now the entire screen looks full & i can see how she stretches.

Nothing to do but wait & enjoy some pictures now:

picture.php

Darwin's White Widow in the back right, LSD now in front right position

picture.php

picture.php

So many growing tips!!!

picture.php

My favourite budding site

picture.php

Darwin's White Widow already i think 3 weeks into flower

picture.php

Under the hood. You can see the new pots i've put them into on the right