What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Penguin's Micro Grow II- Aurora Indica

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice harvest Penguin! I somehow missed the harvest pics until now.

Should keep you smoked out for a while eh? :rasta:

Penguin59

No worries at all BT! Thanks for taking a peek at the harvest mate, glad you liked the show.

Yeh those 2.5 zips will keep me going pretty much until next harvest which is where I wanna be. These AI buds are out of the tent now and are curing in jars. This leaves the grow tent all free for me to pop some brand new beans tomorrow to start the next run!

Will sample some bud from each girl over the weekend and give a detailed report then.

Penguin59

Hi BroughtSuperior! Thanks for stopping by and for the advice buddy.

Yeh LST and SCROG are two techniques that I will definitely try to employ for the next run. I will be vegging for a little longer next time too to try to get the canopy a bit more even. If I didn't have plant # restrictions I would be going SOG for sure!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Tell me youre rippin some tokes right now. Looking forward to the smoke report and the next run.

Cheers

Penguin59

Smoke Report!

Smoke Report!

Well friends the moment we've all been waiting for, smoking time!

Both plants have ended up looking and smelling pretty much exactly the same. AI 1 is just a little bit more pungent in the jar. My fingers stick together slightly after touching the buds and they're certainly way more resinous and better smelling than the usual schwag I've been smoking recently. Did not taste of anything in particular when smoked other than wonderfully smooth smoke, not too dense. When vaporised however, the aftertaste shone through and gave off a pleasant fruity, hashy taste; the odour it gave off while flowering.

I tried a sample a couple of days ago right when I took the girls off the drying rack. Even then the buds had a great, even burn but didn't burn away completely at that point and weren't very potent. They were still quite crispy on the outside surface and yet the RH in the jars was stabilising around the 68%-70% mark ie, too wet. I was getting nervous that something had gone wrong but I persevered with the curing method.

Today, after 4 days of curing, I had a whole day smoking session with a mate so we could rate each girl. In short, we were absolutely blown away at how much difference even just 4 days of curing can do to the potency and texture. It got me about 4 times as high when compared to a few days ago and the product now feels evenly dry on the inside and the outside. After being grinded, all the trichomes and the fat, swollen calyxes come falling out from inside the bud and glisten when placed under a light. Just beautiful stuff! The buds retain the most even glow when burned and they burn down to nothing. Without a doubt this is the best weed I have ever smoked! My friend agreed.

Gotta give a big thanks to simon for his thread on drying/curing as this technique has improved the end result of the product unbelievably. The RH in the jars is stabilising to an even 64% now and I plan to cure at this rate for the next month in the dark to attain maximum potency and flavour while the next crop comes up!

A short summary of each plant's specific highs:

Aurora Indica 1

High creeps on slowly but hits you soon enough, stimulating the senses then descends the entire body into a deep, trance like state with eyes and head feeling very heavy. It's as if one's whole body is sinking slowly into a nice warm bath and everything feels warm. Incredibly long lasting high that starts off intense but reaches a plateau after about thirty minutes and breaks into a consistently comfortable stone from then on. No ill feelings were experienced in the slightest throughout the whole high.

Aurora Indica 2

This girl was a bit more of a psychedelic experience, but that may have been the Pink Floyd we had playing in the background at that time! First couple of hits gives the body a swelling, pleasurable feeling of focussing in and out like a whole body stretch. The mind is swirling. I notice an enhanced appreciation of the world around me and again like AI 1, the high then plateaued out into a long lasting, delightfully sedated stone. This strain would be fantastic for medicinal users. A true pure indica living up to its couch-lock genes even after being chopped 1-2 weeks early!

I would highly recommend these two girls for an after dinner/about to go to sleep smoke as you will definitely feel like hitting the bed and never getting up again. Insomnia be gone!

And now for some final dry harvest pics!:

One of the mini heads that came off the main stem
Incredibly potent little nugget!

picture.php

Glistening trichomes suddenly became more visible on the buds after curing for a few days
They were virtually non-existent after the first five days of drying

picture.php

AI 1 all jarred up
Great bag appeal IMHO

picture.php

AI 1 main cola all dried and cured
12.25g dry

picture.php

AI 1 & AI 2 in jars. RH stabilising at 64%-65% now
AI 1 came in at 37.23g, AI 2 at 32.90g

Total: 70.13g (2.5 Oz)!!!
picture.php

Thanks for tuning in for the grow guys, meant a lot that people offered their support at every step of the way and gave so many kind words. I will be vegging my next two girls for about a month and a half this time and will start up a new thread as soon as I flip to 12/12. Stay tuned!

El Bandito

So wonderful to hear that you are happy with the quality! I think that having a healthy stash of your own organic buds makes it easier to be patient with your new grow as well. Good luck with the next round- I will be watching.

Penguin59

I think that having a healthy stash of your own organic buds makes it easier to be patient with your new grow as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself mate. I definitely feel calmer starting this next grow now that I have a healthy stash to tide me over. Will be vegging my next 2 girls for longer as a result.

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes. Will keep you posted when the next run is underway!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Looking sweet as bruz :D
I'll be coming over to see how she smokes ;) Nah I wish I was, maybe 1 day :)
Great job mate
What ya running for the next round??
:smoke out:

Penguin59

Hey b00m, nice to see you mate! Would love to share a J of this shit with you one day for sure.

For the next round been trying to get a couple of these 2 year old DJ Blueberry seeds to sprout. But after 4 days nothing seems to be coming of them.

Have also germed a couple beans from a pack of White Rhino a friend gave me. May have to go with those instead as they've already popped.

Penguin59

Haha hey 5th, yeh I've been spoiled for choice lately I must say.

The White Rhinos are off to a roaring start btw. They're already starting to shed their shells!

Hey Penguin, neat cure bro. Sorry to hear about the blueberries! Very dissapointing to hear especially with those kind of seeds. I feel your pain brother! Hopefully your white rhinos will blow the fuck up and make up for it.

Penguin59

Hi everyone,

Thought I would upload a few pics of when I threw out the batch of soil mix these girls were growing in.

Looks like they still had a fair bit of soil to go through
At least now I know just how much soil plants will need in a space like mine

picture.php

Such an intricate network of roots keeping the pot's shape intact
Had to hack the roots for a while for them to break away from the soil they were holding together

picture.php

Root balls
picture.php

pheen

good to know everything turned out well and you gained some priceless knowledge

the more you know, the better you grow!

looking forward to the next operation:artist:

Penguin59

Thanks for the nice words pheen! This next run is already shaping up to be a good one. :plant grow:

Will send you the link in a month or so when I flip to 12/12.

Latest posts

Latest posts