What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PCK x Panama/Deep Chunk project

kamyo

Veteran
Total of 5 confirmed females out of 12 plants. 6 males and one stocky runt that seemed like it was probably a male, but pulled regardless.

Two males are hanging out outside. Probably going to collect pollen, but I'm not sure when I'll use it. Probably going to see what these F1s are all about first. May just end up popping a bunch more F1s and doing open pollination (as much as I can in a small tent).

But for now, it's all about growing these out. Traits are all very similar, but there's a distinct difference between a couple different phenos in growth rate and internodal space. Same weird smell. Interested to see how it starts to smell soon, especially #12.

picture.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Well... Guess you found your breeding stock. Good show!

This would be a great photo to demonstrate recombination (in an incredibly basic sense.) A concept that is so basic but I still have a hard time explaining to people who don't grow or know anything about biology.

kamyo

Veteran
Well... Guess you found your breeding stock. Good show!

This would be a great photo to demonstrate recombination (in an incredibly basic sense.) A concept that is so basic but I still have a hard time explaining to people who don't grow or know anything about biology.

I have to admit that I'm not really familiar with recombination. A quick search tells me that it has to do with traits showing in the progeny not found in either parents, which could be the case here. I didn't get any experience with PanamaDC to really tell how it expressed itself. PCK is almost guaranteed to show her color in crosses, so I'm kind of expecting that, but the rest will be really fun and interesting to watch.

My favorite part about this was just taking lines that I knew to be untouched by modern polyhybrids and seeing what I could get out of them. And PanamaDC itself I think is at least F3, if not further along than that.

kamyo

Veteran
Here's #12 at 3 weeks. Really hard to tell when going 12/12 from seed, but it's exactly 21 days since first preflower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
Here are the younger girls, all 17 days from 12/12. They weren't all quite mature, so it took some longer to sex in flower than others. Really interesting to see the difference in stretch. They vegged almost identically and smell the same, but #10 is obviously much stockier. Can't wait for them to really start flowering to see what I'm working with.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
Here's a decent shot of #12 at 4 weeks. Starting to add frost every day. Smell is... nothing. The PCK mom had a subtle dirt smell. We'll see how it develops in the coming weeks.
picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
Here are the others at 26 days 12/12. Not a great indication of flowering time because they weren't quite all sexually mature and took a couple of weeks to all show sex.

As is the case with #12, none of these smell like much at all, although I suppose they still have time to surprise me. It doesn't look like I'll be getting anything too "loud" from these. Preflowers on 12 that have swollen up do have a nice lemon pledge/cleaning product smell.

No idea if anything will be too colorful from the PCK side, but there's still plenty of time for it to develop.

#3. Somewhat stretchy and has been quick to put out flowers after showing sex. Reminds me a bit of #12
picture.php

#5. Looks like she'll probably be lankier than #3 and possibly #12. Hard to tell with 12 since she wasn't topped, but 5 is looking good, just taking longer to flower.
picture.php

#8. The stockiest one with a flower structure similar to #3. Really interested in this one because of its stature and the possibility for a nice indica dom plant to keep around
picture.php

#10. Also pretty stocky, but different flower structure, and not as quick as #8 in terms of flowering.
picture.php

And here's another shot of #12. Starting to show slight indication of the resinous leaf curl from Deep Chunk. Not sure how much it will develop and not expecting a tarantula pheno, but I'm happy with how she's looking so far at 4.5 weeks of flowering. If I had to guess, I'd say she'll go 9-10 weeks.
picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
Here's #12 at 5 weeks. Smell starting to come on. Smells like the garden center at Home Depot. Dark, earthy, chemmy smell.
picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

Great thread Kamyo. Your cross is beautiful, very beautiful! I just popped 7 purple pck x honduran tonight. Your pck cross looks potent!
I'm not sure why I didn't find this thread earlier.
Peace, God bless

kamyo

Veteran
Great thread Kamyo. Your cross is beautiful, very beautiful! I just popped 7 purple pck x honduran tonight. Your pck cross looks potent!
I'm not sure why I didn't find this thread earlier.
Peace, God bless

Thanks. PCK/Honduras sounds awesome. Always love the 50/50 crosses. Amazing what you find in those seeds.

So far I'm liking what I see, but still trying to figure these girls out. #10 is actually the shortest, but #8 is not much taller, and is flowering quicker. #3 is somewhere in between, like a stretchier #8.

#5 is really making me wonder. She's barely flowering 4 weeks into 12/12 and maybe 3 weeks into showing sex. Definitely the biggest grower and slowest to flower. Interested to see how that goes. Could be really good, could be whatever.

Looks like PDC is really coming through in the cross. Hard to tell that PCK is the mom, but that might come through when the calyxes get a little bigger.

Hopefully get pictures up in a few days when there's something noteworthy. So far, more of the same. #12 is still packing on the frost, though.

kamyo

Veteran
Couple shots of #12 and #8. #10 is a little behind #8, but on the few leaves she has resin, she has a lot. Interested to see how she (and all of them) do in the next week.

Also may have a few seeds here & there, presumably from the male PDK pollen that was briefly present and flying around. Pollinated a Nirvana Sterling Haze girl.

#8 4.5 weeks 12/12, 3 weeks from sex
picture.php

#12 5.5 weeks from sex. There's a chance that her color will start to come out.
picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
Here's an update on the others. No full plant shots, sorry. Overall, they're showing more Panama/DC than PCK. Some, particularly #12 are starting to get dark leaves which should come through in the next few weeks. When the calyxes start to swell up, we'll get a better idea of the PCK influence. So far, really impressed with how much influence the father has had in this cross.

#3 is pretty much 50/50 of the other plants. Right in the middle. That kind of makes her a bit unremarkable, but it's too early to tell. She could surprise me.
picture.php

#5 is growing like she isn't a Deep Chunk hybrid crossed with PCK. Serrations are turning up, which is weird. She's going to be the biggest producer by a long shot. I'm thinking whatever #12 does, this one will do better.
picture.php

#8 is the fastest and almost shortest. Looking to be a promising indica smoke.
picture.php

#10 is the shortest, and just a little behind #8 but catching up. Very short internodal space and subsequently leafier than #8. Could be a good thing, but we'll have to see.
picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
Fed them all today. #12 was looking not too great, in what I thought might have been burn, but I think she was actually really asking for some decent PK and maybe a little Mg.

We'll see how these things react by the weekend. Would love to be able to show some good progress on them by the weekend with some proper food for flowering.

kamyo

Veteran
So far #5 and #8 are becoming my favorites. #12 is furthest along and looks better, of course. But there's just something about these two. #8 looks to be turning into quite the little indica, while #5 looks like straight up PDC.

Here's #8
picture.php

And #5
picture.php

picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
A little update. #12 is at about 7 weeks and will probably go 9 or maybe slightly more.

Battled some bugs and other growing errors, but they're finally recovering a bit from the stress I put them through. Really liking #5. She was the oldest to show sex in 12/12 and didn't really get going until a week or 2 ago. She's about 6 weeks in 12/12. Similar to #12, but I think probably better overall. #10 and 8 should be ready for some pics in a week or so. #8 got treated terribly so I'm not expecting her to reach potential, but she's still pretty.

Here's #12
picture.php

And #5
picture.php

picture.php

ctg

Veteran
Not trying to hijack your thread just thought I would post another pick of a deep chunk x.

Attachments

• 836EC30F-88A7-4BC7-8C1A-3C9E2C533C3F.jpg
    836EC30F-88A7-4BC7-8C1A-3C9E2C533C3F.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 9702A2CA-F71D-402E-A077-B9539EECD029.jpg
    9702A2CA-F71D-402E-A077-B9539EECD029.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 42

kamyo

Veteran
Not trying to hijack your thread just thought I would post another pick of a deep chunk x.

Nice. DC definitely adds some leaf to the crosses, but also insane resin and manageable size.

Have some more PDC and PCK arriving soon (hopefully). I'll probably look at redoing this cross with better selection. But I'm still really looking forward to to seeing how these all turn out. A few weeks away and I should start to get an idea.

kamyo

Veteran
Here's a little update. I'll try to post more this weekend if I don't get too baked and forget.

Here's #12. She probably has a week and possibly some more to go. Wasn't grown super well, but I like her. Test bud taken a few days ago is impressive
picture.php

And #10 is impressing me. She's starting to pack on the resin. Some with flash and without.
picture.php

picture.php

burningfire

Veteran
Nice, how was the Panama x Deep Chunk?

PCK is a nice plant, I can see some influence in there. especially in #10, I'm not sure about the deep chunk yet, that leaf curl might be a recessive gene.

I have my own PCK cross, this is a pic of a F3 plant, the mom was a nepalese landrace plant.

picture.php

so definitely keep working on it, make some more seeds and you'll get even more diversity and stellar plants in future generations!