What's new

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

IMG_20220531_181356.jpg

PCBuds

There's a bunch more bugs stuck to the bulbs on the window sill.
I caught a few on the sticky traps too.

IMG_20220601_071924.jpg
IMG_20220601_072008.jpg

I don't know if they found their way into the house or if they are living and breeding in my planter?
I don't really care either way. There's only a few and the plant seems fine.

I haven't seen any in the closet.

PCBuds

Sobergrower, ??

Screenshot_20220601-153611_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I have no idea what that's like ?

I always grow when I'm drunk and stoned. Lol

I think that the squirrel might be drunk too ??

It could have gotten into some fermented berries ?
Lol

IMG_20220601_154318.jpg

PCBuds

Uh oh,..
I've got a flower growing into the lights.

IMG_20220602_192028.jpg
IMG_20220602_192121.jpg
IMG_20220602_192130.jpg
IMG_20220602_192231.jpg
IMG_20220602_192337.jpg

Ohh well,..
I've got plenty of flowers 💐.
It's not like it's going to burst into flames.
The lights aren't even turned up to test current.

She'll just get toasted. lol

Who knows??
Maybe pre-toasted weed will become a thing. lol

goingrey

Uh oh,..
I've got a flower growing into the lights.

Ohh well,..
I've got plenty of flowers 💐.
It's not like it's going to burst into flames.
The lights aren't even turned up to test current.

She'll just get toasted. lol

Who knows??
Maybe pre-toasted weed will become a thing. lol

Pre-toasted weed becoming a thing lol. Well, it was a big thing in the HPS days when you didn't need to grow into the lamp, within a foot of the lamp was enough. I would chop that part off so it doesn't start rotting in there.

But yeah, seems like you're outgrowing your closet and need a bigger space!

PCBuds

Pre-toasted weed becoming a thing lol. Well, it was a big thing in the HPS days when you didn't need to grow into the lamp, within a foot of the lamp was enough. I would chop that part off so it doesn't start rotting in there.

I didn't think about chopping that part off.
I think I'm going to leave it be for now and watch what happens. It's a good test for the lights and plant.
Luckily it's at the front where I can see it. The strip is coated with conformal gell so it should be protected.

But yeah, seems like you're outgrowing your closet and need a bigger space!

I intend to make sheilds for the remaining lights that aren't covered once this plant is done. Then it won't matter if the plant rubs up against them.

I could have covered all the walls with an entire sheet of diffuser plastic, but I figured that the LEDs wouldn't be able to breathe and might get too hot.
They breathe pretty good right now and with them mounted vertically on the walls, convection can help to dissipate the heat.

gizmo666

just dropping by friend
plants are looking excellent as ever
wicked pictures of the squirrel clever little animals
take care
peace

PCBuds

just dropping by friend
plants are looking excellent as ever

Thanks for stopping by.

My closet plant 🪴 is looking good.
She's beefing up nicely.

IMG_20220603_202418.jpg
IMG_20220603_202604.jpg
IMG_20220603_202724.jpg

wicked pictures of the squirrel clever little animals
take care
peace

I managed to get the squirrel to grab a peanut 🥜 out of my mouth about 6 times now, but there was an incident yesterday.

The squirrel lundges at me,.. rests it front paws 🐾 on my chin and grabs the peanut 🥜

This time, as it jumped back, it's front paws dug into my chin and there was blood everywhere.
My blood ♥ lol.
It didn't mean to hurt me,
There was no intent to harm me, it just wanted to get in and out real fast.
IMG_20220603_202740.jpg
IMG_20220603_202747.jpg
IMG_20220603_202803.jpg

They're pretty damn squirrelly ya' know.!,..

Those damn squirrels. Lol

PCBuds

Should probably chop out the burnt bit. It can only go moldy.

Nah,..
It's crispy dry.

If I remove the burnt bit, more buds will push into the lights.

I may tie up that branch to pull it away from the lights, but I'm way too wasted to do that now. Lol

I kinda want to see what will happen.

I think that the plant will adapt to its surroundings ??

This doesn't look anywhere near moldy to me ..??
It's just a nice tanned color. lol

IMG_20220603_211538.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It's not moldy yet, but it's dead plant material. It's what dead plant does. It may seen dry, but as that bud hopefully fills out, the RH at the back of that burnt stuff will be very high. It will be supple not crunchy. There are spores in every lung full we breathe. Plants live under constant attack, but while living, defend themselves. Many mold inhibitors work by tricking a plant into thinking it's under a greater attack than it is. The spray does nothing to the mold directly.

The issue is moisture content as you say. It may be dry on the outside, but that dead stuff meets living stuff that's giving out moisture. We hope that bud will become dense. However that all but guarantees mold. It will first visibly form along leaf edges that died first, like little lines of resin almost. Just above the surface. As that happens, more destructive rot is setting in within the bud. The brown stuff may still look the same as it's structural integrity is lost. At which point it can usually be picked out in clumps.

It's just one little nug on the side of a head. You can easily guess where it attaches with your past trimming experience. It's best to nip it out. Then trim that little lead right back to the main stalk, as it will die and cause mold itself, if more than a couple of mm long and within a bud.

It wouldn't hurt to watch and learn obviously. It can't spread far, but is a good sized bud at risk.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
That looks better already :)
I sometimes nip a nug out the side of a large head, just to let some air in. There has to be other factors like risky RH due to persistant rainfall before I go that far, but prevention is best before the cure.

Latest posts

Latest posts