What's new

PC Case Growers Club

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
not easy building these pc's i tall ya...
still trying to get the temps below 82

during the summer i was averaging 82* or more with out issue. I know ideally every wants mid 70's, but low 80's is acceptable.Remember outside plants can see temps much much higher than 85* in areas. With good airflow you can still have some happy plants :)

P

Paranoid one

Thanks!
Its a Antec 300 Case.
Fans, front panel is the intake, and on top is the exhaust.

I will probably Scrog or LST.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey everyone..temps are always an issue in these pc's...
Exhaust has to be on top because hot air rises..intake should hit the lights as to cool them down so a good fan blowing on them should help..
humidity is an issue too..mine has been a nightmare but watering regularly and even misting the leaves from time to time has helped...
here is some pics of my pc
I have a Lian-Li tower and its huge..6 cfl's totaling 161 watts with 2 scrubbers..I need to because of the high watts in such a small space...1 -151 cfm Delta and 1 -49 cfm are both sucking air out with 1 antec fan for the lights to keep them cool..never gone above 80 so its important to have the right fans for the job..
good job everyone!!!
Great job Paranoid one!

P

Paranoid one

Thanks BC!

(sorry i took your way to attach the power strips, its just that is how i planned on doing it, but you posted the complete design a lot earlier (2months earlier))

This proves this quote
"Great minds think alike"

Here is how my fans/lights are working

delete.jpg

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thats all good paranoid one...
Its nice to know someone else is trying it this way, especially with cfl's cause you can get your plant close to the lights at all times
thanks..looks really good bro..keep up the good work!

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
I said would take another stab at using the "Light Trap Air Vents", that "Scrubninja" designed. My first try didn't work to well mainly because I changed the V fin design to a Z fin design thinking it would work better, but sadly no. It worked as trap light 100%, but had poor air flow at the outside of the exhaust fan of my pc case causing heat build up. So now I've taken that same Z fin light trap I made and with a razor knife carefully cut the back third of the trap off changing it from a Z light trap to a V light trap And placed it onto the inside of the case intake fan as I've put my carbon filter on the exhaust fan and that blocks the light there now. And "Voilà", I had a fully working light trap air vent that traps 99.9% of the light so none of it can be seen coming out of the front air grill of my case, and has good air flow. This is the light trap air vent that I used. I just wanted to say thanks "Scrubninja" for the idea my friend. I always knew it was a good idea you had, that's why I didn't give up on it.:smokeit::biggrin:

Blirre

Blirre can you post some pics of the setup at all? Sounds to me like it would be the heat too. Often people miss some of the basics needed and maybe that will be revealed in a photo or description. For example, do you have the exhaust fan at the top and your intakes at the bottom? How many amps or cfm are each fan?

My friend has my camera at the moment so I drew a picture of the setup.. not the best but atleast you get how the setup looks like :p I will be able to post a real pic tomorrow or in 2 days.

I want to thank you all for the answers and I think you might be right when you say it's heat related. I measured the temperature just a few centimeters above the plants and it was 35°C after just a few hours. I didn't think clf's would produce that much heat.
Anyway as you can see on the pic I have one fan as an exhaust(the one to the left) and one as an intake so I don't know what to do to get the temperature down. Add more fans?
Both fans are on 0.15A each and I've hooked them up to a mobile charger that puts out 5V.
I don't know how many cfm's they're on sorry.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Both fans are on 0.15A each and I've hooked them up to a mobile charger that puts out 5V.
I don't know how many cfm's they're on sorry.

You need bigger/better fans I think. 0.15A is weak as water and that's before you hook it up to 5v. A fan blowing on your bulbs could help too, but I don't think it will until you increase the power of the exhaust fan to actually get rid of that heat. Hope it helps.

microgram

You definitely will want to get a 12V transformer, I tried 9V, and it barely got my fans moving. If you want any type of exhaust, get a 12V. (Don't go higher unless your fans are rated for higher voltage, which I doubt they are.)

BC Chronic: That is one steller bud! Im still using a 42Watt CFL. Whats the lumen output on yours? I found a bulb, half price (half wattage) than at homedepot/lowes, almost same lumen output (100 lumens less), Coming in at 2500 as opposed to 2600. Im going to build a better box to house the lights next run. I'm still droulling. Im going to post pics soon, as soon as I get some :p. I'm thinking about ~5G this run. Hopefully.

ug!

P

Paranoid one

Blirre, Invest like 30 bucks into good fans/power source. It does help when u have a good pair of fans which can handle the bulbs heat.
I think my Tri-cool fans wont even keep my box under 85 with my scrubber on.

Try something like 60-100cfms per fan. maybe more for your exhaust.
Maybe 70-120 cfms for an exhaust,

Peace.

djslife

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about building up a super stealth PC setup, but I need your help because building computers isn't my area of expertise. My question for you is if you could have the best setup what would you have?

I'm thinking I'm gonna want a pretty big PC case and quality ventilation. I'm going to use a cool tube type setup and I'm still deciding between HID and CFL.

-djslife

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about building up a super stealth PC setup, but I need your help because building computers isn't my area of expertise. My question for you is if you could have the best setup what would you have?

I'm thinking I'm gonna want a pretty big PC case and quality ventilation. I'm going to use a cool tube type setup and I'm still deciding between HID and CFL.

-djslife
Sounds great.:smokeit:

microgram

If I could have anything, I'd have a 1200Watt HPS bulb in my case, but that just isn't going to happen ;).

CFL's are chosen for their lack of heat. Check this out HIDs are great if you can figure out how cool they'll stay. But most have trouble dropping the heat to an appropriate level. You'll need some crazy cooling though! Keep the ballast outside the box if you can.

UG!

D

detoneSmoker

so what you think

so what you think

My case. Ill explain anything and would love advice.

Attachments

• Case123.jpg
    Case123.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 21
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
  • general.jpg
    general.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 20
D

detoneSmoker

cthe babys.

cthe babys.

again ask and ill answer..middle plant is green deisel, the other two are bagseed.

D

detoneSmoker

the babies

the babies

Middle is green diesel the other 2 are bagseed.

Attachments

• general.jpg
    general.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 15
  • green.jpg
    green.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
  • greendiesel.jpg
    greendiesel.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 16
  • ps.jpg
    ps.jpg