What's new

PC Case Growers Club

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
added a new light to my case:

as opposed to:

i topped my plat succesffully, and was wondering if i should now LST her?

G

judging by the room you have left in there after the new light i would definitely suggest LST for you plant clorox

clorox

i have LST'd the plant, also bear in mind that the plant is up on a stack of about 8 cd cases to keep her close to the plants at all times, regardless, shes been LST'd:

G

lst is always a good idea in a pc, because you can fill the small space you have now with a small bush and 1 by 1 remove the cd cases as the plant grows and have a giant bush by the time your ready to flower

Mr Ballyhoo

Yeah the plants been destroyed. I grabbed what i could pollen wise and threw it in a film canister for future use. Both plants have now gone to the compost pile. Lets see what round two will bring me after i gather what i've learned from this grow and build the official case that I will be using from here on out.

I'm also looking into doing like 4 lowryder #2 plants instead of 2 big plants like this previous grow. From what I've read it seems a bit easier to grow and doesn't take as long to flower. Maybe I'll use the pollen I have to cross the two strains...

Last edited:

clorox

lowryder #2 looks to be MUCH better than the original, id love to get my hands on some of thos genetics..

Jaxom

I've been haning out over in the 150hps club for a while until lemon posted his pc grow. WOW I am truely impressed!!! So much so, I spent some time yesterday gutting out a computer case. While my 150 box might take a few more months before it's complete, I figure I've got just about everything on hand I would need to build a pc case box.

I do have a few questions before I proceed. Mainly about lighting. Before I ask that question, keep in mind I have a 100cfm case fan I'll be using for venting...

I'm debating which way I should go about mounting my cfl(s). Ironically before reading about pc boxes, I had read a sticky about how to rework a flood cfl (85w) for supplimenting an hps. Now I'm thinking this would be a darn good bulb to use for a pc box, but I'd loose ALOT of growing room that way wouldn't I?

If I go the other route and mount lights horizonally along one side, what kinds (color) and size (in watts) are recommended with the forementioned fan size?

As far as growing wise, I know I wanna go lst in soil. Make sence with the limited size. Unless I find the right sized pot to fit, I was thinking of slapping something together out of wood. Give a few good coats of urethan so the wood won't rot, and have eye bolts along side to do the lst with. How deep would it need to be so one plant won't become root bound?

tia,

Jax

Mr Ballyhoo

I'm just kinda giving you info from my first grow. When I destroyed my one plant I was curious to see the root growth on it and I was shocked at how much soil it took up. I was growing in about 5 inch tall pots and the roots nearly touched the bottom but were spread out and not clumped together. I would go with a box now lower than 4 inches on the side wall. Let me know how the wood box works though. I'm still trying to figure out if i want to fabricate a metal/steel one or build a wooden one and line it with something for my next grow.

Mr Ballyhoo

Hey Lemon the light hood you have in your case... Is it homebrewed or an actual fixture hood. I want to use the same light rigging you have, it's like a highly evolved version of my first cases'.

Mr. Chillum

Can anyone tell me the source of my little one's brown leaf-tips? Is it a light burn, or something with nutrients, etc? I have about 60 watts mixed CFL running in my case with about .9 ft of growing space. My temps have been kind of high (around 85-89F), but I'm a bit of a n00b so I thought I'd ask how I may correct the problem. Thanks!

If it is a burn, would switching to 18/6 be a possible solution?

Mr Ballyhoo

It could be your water. Have you noticed a white salty build up on the surface of your soil? I can't see any in the picture but I had to ask. Anyways it could be that the salt is burning the plant out. If you notice this them I suggest you find a different water source...

Those temps are livable for the plant increasing the light schedual wont fix them...what are you on now 24 hrs? If so turning it down a bit may do somethin.

my temps were high for a while also my room was very dry. I just added a water pump and a small res for water and i do a small drip onto my plants and it goes off twice in the evening when the lights are on. This dropped my temps 10-15 degrees now im at a cool 76 with 50-60% humidity. THis will do for the summer because it is straight arid. THis caused some probs for me. Do you have a meter to check your rh.

G

mr. chillum i would have to say you have a touch of nute burn, most likely from your soil being hot or in other words having nutes that are too strong for your seedling...give it time and she should just grow out of it