What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phatlewtz

Hi all was just curious if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to utilize my flower space..I'm a fairly new grower so open to anything really, still on a serious learning curve..my space is a tent thats 32x32x70 with an adjustable digi 600w air cooled hood 6".....my current method which seems to work for me so far has been from seed is the 48hr soak w/ some h202, plant in dixi -> red solo -> 1g smart pot -> 3g smart pot...no pics as ofcourse as this is all hypothetical....with an oscillating fan i can squeeze 6 in comfortably....thx to Med-Man i've gotten the hang of pruning/topping...i suppose what my addled brain is getting at is how to get the best yield from my space...should I put 6 girls in and take them all the way thru as 1 harvest, or as I've been doing a perpetual when "theoretically" i've been getting about 1 1/2-2 zips dried a week, flower at roughly 18",....my soil is a mix of 60% promix, 20% perlite, 20% vermiculite and/or spanish moss...i feed them GH Dry fert veg and bloom.....cal/mag in small doses thruout veg and beginning of flower....i have a meter to measure the exact amounts, however as it is they seem to like what I'm doing now....just wondering how much I could be missing out on...if anyone is curious as to the gear I'm waiting on its, RSK, PPK, ConK, WCSD....my noobness wants me to pop them all and find the right moms, but with my setup i'm guessing its wise to do 1 strain at a time for uniformity which may help my yield.....man i hope this was a semi-umderstandable statement.......anyone speak Stoner? :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being a new grower, it's a given you want to try all your strains, in sheer excitement.

Do two strains (comparison)...see how they do from seed to harvest. Learn from your mistakes. If you are seeing what you are liking, clone them and start the other 1-2 strains while your clone is vegging.

Nothing is worse than starting EVER-y thing, having problems and losing it all!!

If you can Squ-e-e-z-e in 6 comfortably...do 4 or 5...and LST them. Until you really know your tent, equipment, nutrients, extraneous factors, better to err on the side of caution.

Good luck!

Phatlewtz

appreciate it AB! I've discovered one thing already as a new grower.....you can sure waste a lot of money on a million and one "ideas". Also maybe I've been lucky but I've not experienced any real problems that I read about in others threads, no pests/molds..seems the plants do all the work really..I'm going to give it a solid scientific approach in regards to record keeping from day 1 of germ, maybe it will be a good learning experience, i will even do all the EC/PPM/PH just to see if there is any improvement....can't hurt!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just keep everything simple....learn as you grow. It's a weed....what you do with it to enhance or destroy is up to you. Practice and theory are 2 different spectrums.

ceosam

Just keep everything simple....learn as you grow. It's a weed....what you do with it to enhance or destroy is up to you. Practice and theory are 2 different spectrums.

thank you for putting that into words... ive only come to realize recently

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey pats

Grow the rsk and wcsd together

Then the PPK and conkushion together if you do 2 per grow.

med-man

Phatlewtz

as always man I appreciate your tutelage MM! I even got some pretty sweet mail today, S T O K E D!! Will be starting new threads very soon.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey phats

wicked man. Looking forward to watching your seeds grow

med-man

Latest posts

Latest posts