What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Passive Butane Extractor and Reclaimer

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW, i've read all of his and your posts, on the Tamisium forum, and all of your posts, that i could find, on extractors .. Not faulting your extractors at all, just not a fan of electric recovery pumps....
I guess there's something to be said for his perseverance after all..... I've followed the relationship between the two of you in the extractor threads...
Being a thorn in his side for so long must have spurred him on to continue his pursuit of the patent..
Seeing is believing, and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass! You just couldn't see what could be patented, that would preclude your version of the idea ... All's fair in love, war, and patents..

Wow, if you are that prolific a reader, you then know that I've never said or believed David couldn't get a provisional patent on features or process, just none that excludes the rest of the systems based around manufacturers built around readily identified prior art published on this forum and elsewhere.

If your reading comprehension equals your reading voracity, then you are also aware that it is my publishing the plans for the Lil Terp that upset David, not my using a pump. I may have been considered a thorn in his technique that doesn't pre-vacuum prior to injecting butane, because I consider the practice unsafe.

Since you don't believe in electric pumps, I infer you are using Dave's tried and proven technique of simply "floating" the atmosphere out, rather than evacuating the system with a vacuum pump before introducing butane.

You also seemingly missed the part about WolfWurx systems being NEMA 7, Class 1, Div 1, because they are fully pneumatic, including the vacuum pump.

I respect and applaud your choice of equipment, which sounds like exactly what you should have for yourself.

If you are offering yourself as the resident expert to judge my designs vis a vis David's, I decline to accept both your hyperbolic study, or expert status.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts