What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Party Cup Challenge 2018 Spring - Summer

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
week 6 still having some nutrient problems but still doing ok havn't been paying much attention got a lot going on so we'll see how much longer sha can last
picture.php

picture.php

EvergreenState

im alive!
been busy as hell
planting mine and my neighbors fields full of hemp (all those plants i showed early in the thread are in my field now!)

also setting up my full season outdoor and light dep crops.... planting 100's of tomatoes, peppers, & basil plants

thanks for caring, peeps! wish i could participate in this fun & games but it's simply too busy of a time for me

def, i LOVE seeing everyones efforts and KEEP IT UP, so much to learn from growing outside your comfort zone....
Sounds like a site to behold. Show us some pics. of these big grows. Personally I'd love to see them.
Glad to know all is well.

EvergreenState

Grew 3 inches last week, it's now 25 inches tall and it's stacking up nicely. Got a little tip burn this week. I tried adding a little Super Thrive, a good product I've used several times but it caused some issues this time. I was afraid it might cause ph issues and I believe it did.
When I used it in the past I always corrected the ph. This time I don't have my ph meters but the Advanced Nutrients are ph correcting and as it turns out, only if you are using their nutrients. I knew that was probably the case but I was hoping it wouldn't be a problem; it was.
The plants were perfectly healthy before those additions of Super Thrive. It always seems to be when you ADD, thinking you're giving your girls a little more, that you run into problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Don't think it's going to be a long term problem. I just returned to the old feeding schedule. I tried an experiment and it didn't work out. It happens. It still is very healthy and thriving otherwise.
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Took down The Suicide Cheese at 9 weeks on Sunday. Here's some pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The smell is Cheese to the max. Musky, funky, mouth watering. I can already taste the "cheese paste" that will coat my mouth when I smoke it.

EvergreenState

I discovered yesterday that I have been mixing up my nutrients in the water wrong. I'm starting to have some deficiency issues and was curious what the problem might be, so I went to the Advanced Nutrient site to see if I could find some answers.
What I discovered is that you are supposed to add these nutrients to your water in a particular order. It mentions that nowhere on any of the bottles, so I wasn't aware it mattered.
Evidently you are supposed to add the Micro first, the Grow next and finally the Bloom. You'd think such basic and vital information on how to use these products would be on the product bottles.
When I mixed them up randomly the final mix would be a light reddish brown color. Today when I mixed them up in the proper order, the final solution was almost clear.
Good thing I checked on the Advanced Nutrients site because I was beginning to get some rust color around some leaves and some spotting. It would have gotten really bad over time and I would have said these products are terrible and recommended eveybody avoid them.
Sometimes these companies don't do themselves any favors.:blackeye:

EvergreenState

Decided my two girls were looking overfed, a little crispy around the edges, too salty, a little thirsty etc. In other words, not happy.
I opened up my grow cabinet doors a little for a little less light and more air flow, hoping to lower the temps. a bit too. Placed a fan in front of the doors to blow in some cool air, I can't raise the light any higher because it's as high as it will go.
I was making a nutrient solution of 2ml each of Micro, Bloom and Grow with 500mls of distilled water as per the bottle instructions. 2mls is a little over 3/8ths of a teaspoon. I changed the nutrient solution to 750mls of distilled water and .6mls(1/8th teaspoon)each of the Micro,Bloom and Grow. So I increased the water by 50% and decreased the nutrients by 66%.
I'm also topping up the beer cups with this very dilute and weak nutrient solution 3 to 4 times a day. Making sure they get plenty to drink, some cooler air and better air flow, less light and a less salty solution.
I started this yesterday and they already look happier.:biggrin:

EvergreenState

The taller plant grew 3 more inches and is now 28 inches tall. The other plant is about 4 or 5 inches shorter but now has more buds. So it may be the plant that gets chosen for my entry. I cut too many lower branches off the tall one hoping it it would get larger buds up top, so far that's not the case.
Both plants are getting much fuller and are top heavy. I had to screw some hooks into the side of the cabinet and tie some string around the plants, running to the hooks, to keep them from falling over.
I got some orange brown leaf tips on some leaves. Either nutrient burn or a deficiency, not sure. I only started seeing issues after I added some Super Thrive to the nutrient solution, probably screwing up the ph and or adding too much of some minerals. So it's all on me.:spank:
I don't think it's causing real serious issues because the buds are swelling and the plants are getting very top heavy. I just don't like to see my plants showing any health problems.:mad:
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Here's mine all chopped up.

picture.php

Some really good smoke. Cheese taste to the max. Pasty, musky funk that coats my mouth. Real nice high and potent for being an older cut.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Nice smoke report. Sounds tasty. That scale looks like this is not it's first rodeo.

Thanks man. Yeah the scale, you're not the first to say that. She's about 8 years old now I think. Hasn't let me down yet....except when the batteries need to be changed. I'm one of those types that if something isn't broke, I don't get a new one just because. I'm all about using something until I physically cant' anymore.

EvergreenState

I agree and I do the same. If it's long since paid for and still working, I'm using it. I've just never seen a scale that looks like it's caked with about 5 grams of hash. It's a classic.

EvergreenState

I see why people grow BOG's gear. The BOG Bogglegum I'm growing for this contest is beginning to smell like bubblegum. I open the doors to my cabinet in the morning and it smells like candy.

burmese

here is nanda devi x etiopia //nanda devi need very little pot, etiopia is opposite of that, but crossed together she almost doesnt need to root,=walking plant?
picture.php
haha //
this is northwest window, around 6-8week veg, only to see for you cup growers like me

EvergreenState

here is nanda devi x etiopia //nanda devi need very little pot, etiopia is opposite of that, but crossed together she almost doesnt need to root,=walking plant?View Image haha //
this is northwest window, around 6-8week veg, only to see for you cup growers like me
No need to worry about the lower leaves getting light blocked by upper growth in that plant; nice spread out and open growth.
How big of a pot do you use? How long is the flower time and what yield of yield do you get?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
OVER 2 FOOT NOW 3 WEEK OF 12/12

i dont know it it will be ready july 29..

lemon og with auto water..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: