What's new

Parents visiting from out of town, um...

apanihi

And I have a full on flower/veg room.... What the hell am I gonna do! I don't wanna kill the girls, but don't want to say no to parents visiting.... haven't seen em in a couple years...Anyone else been in this situation..

Hey there bro

I'm in the same situation cause I used my parents to co sign my mortgage. Meaning that even though Im mid twenties my mum can be painful about me growing weed. She knows I used to hard out, hell she's even hung my clothes out to dry on airers with 4X600W HPS and 40 plants in the room. But now I've got a kid and a wife she told me if she catches me growing in this house she'll "disown me" and kick me out straight away! Probably an empty threat but you get the picture. Naturally I grow, but every time she comes up I have to dismantle everything and run plug in air freshners through the whole house! She's got pretty liberal views on cannabis for a completely straight non smoker however she spends nights not being able to sleep cause she's worried about me going to jail, I cant convince her I wont go to jail for 5 plants so I just lie.

Good luck with the olds, why dont you just do what I do and stash things in the attic, garden shed, boot of your car, or even amongst the plants in your yard until she goes home? I find the closet in my bedroom is pretty sacred, mum wont look in there. Also plant activities for the whole time your olds are staying so they're away from the house as much as possible.

Good luck

Sandnut

how can you not see your parents for a couple of years ?! I'd take em out to a nice restaurant or something, are they planning to sleep at your place? id probably have a friend handing me hes keys and id pretend i lived in his apartment during their visit ,give ur friend some money for hotel and hookers and he will be fine, but thats just me

Sandnut

Hey there bro

I'm in the same situation cause I used my parents to co sign my mortgage. Meaning that even though Im mid twenties my mum can be painful about me growing weed. She knows I used to hard out, hell she's even hung my clothes out to dry on airers with 4X600W HPS and 40 plants in the room. But now I've got a kid and a wife she told me if she catches me growing in this house she'll "disown me" and kick me out straight away! Probably an empty threat but you get the picture. Naturally I grow, but every time she comes up I have to dismantle everything and run plug in air freshners through the whole house! She's got pretty liberal views on cannabis for a completely straight non smoker however she spends nights not being able to sleep cause she's worried about me going to jail, I cant convince her I wont go to jail for 5 plants so I just lie.

Good luck with the olds, why dont you just do what I do and stash things in the attic, garden shed, boot of your car, or even amongst the plants in your yard until she goes home? I find the closet in my bedroom is pretty sacred, mum wont look in there. Also plant activities for the whole time your olds are staying so they're away from the house as much as possible.

Good luck

If your just growing for A personal use you should really setup a stealth cab somewhere in the house !

G

Goodkarma

Tell them you have something to tell them." Very important", and you don't want to have to "keep the closet closed" when they are around.

While driving to your house ask them how they feel about gay people, black people and pedophiles.

They will have visions of you being gay and that you are taking them home to meet your boyfriend,who happens to be black and 12 years old.

Then, when they get to your place and see that "it's only weed"...whew!! what a relief, and everything will be cool.

Please follow this script and let us know how it works out...oh and pics please..cuz I get the feeling it will be a Kodak moment, smiles all around

R

redeyesurprise

Put a couple of heavy duty padlocks on the door and tell them it's your "love boutique". :whip:

apanihi

Hey there bro

Good luck

I'm in a 2 bedroom apartment, broke up with a gf of 2 years as well and decided to use the extra room to grow, kinda hard to hide :/ btw I totally understand the whole thing with parents being liberal about smoking, they have been for the most part and didn't care much when I did it. They never knew I was growing though, so I wont know until they find out what they'll think..

apanihi

how can you not see your parents for a couple of years ?! I'd take em out to a nice restaurant or something, are they planning to sleep at your place? id probably have a friend handing me hes keys and id pretend i lived in his apartment during their visit ,give ur friend some money for hotel and hookers and he will be fine, but thats just me

haha I'm hoping they decide to stay elsewhere and I can just lock the door, which most likely they will. I have not seen them because we don't live in the same country.

Dödsknark

Tell them you have something to tell them." Very important", and you don't want to have to "keep the closet closed" when they are around.

While driving to your house ask them how they feel about gay people, black people and pedophiles.

They will have visions of you being gay and that you are taking them home to meet your boyfriend,who happens to be black and 12 years old.

Then, when they get to your place and see that "it's only weed"...whew!! what a relief, and everything will be cool.

Please follow this script and let us know how it works out...oh and pics please..cuz I get the feeling it will be a Kodak moment, smiles all around

PLEEEEASE do this :D

apanihi

Cracking up over here... :laughing:

apanihi

Btw my setup is 600hps digital ballast with 9veg/9flower at all times. I like to keep the cycle going, for personal consumption and for medical patients with valid cards/papers. Will have pics soon in appropriate section :)

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
A kodak moment for sure
Too funny.

btw....
I haven't seen my parents or any of my family in years, directly because of this very thing
Even being legal, they just would NOT understand
I've sought their approval for so many years now and NEVER gotten it so finally one day they came over unexpected and I was trimming with a big pile of weed on the living room floor:shucks:

It turned UGLY real quick but my longing to seek their approval vanished too

Like I said, I haven't seen them in years
Its THEIR loss cause I am a loving caring human being who just happens to grow and self medicate:dance013:

b8man

Veteran
hmmm....

Don't underestimate how much your parents might have been brainwashed into thinking weed is the ultimate evil in the world. I tried talking to my parents about it years ago and they straight out refused to listen, discuss or read about the subject. It's unfortunate, but after 60 years of propaganda it's possible they're just not open to it.

Real shame, because they'd love it if they tried it.

Hope your parents are a little more open.

My parents are like little hilters (total nazi like control freaks)
The thought of getting high with my folks sends shivers down my spine
Don't get me wrong, I still love them dearly, but not a chance.

They are old skoolers, big time

Thats actually funny:laughing:

p.s....good luck to you all the same apan

ddrew

Veteran
Lock the door, and tell your parents you rent the room to a friend for storage, and don't say anything more about it.

Latest posts

Latest posts