What's new

PARANOID EBB N FLOW GDP GROW!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
THIS IS NOT MY GROW I AM POSTING IT FOR A PARANOID FRIEND WHO WANTS SOME FEEDBACK FROM MULTIPLE MEMBERS.

Ok now for the specs of the room.
20 2 gallon ebbflow bucket system
2k in lights
10k btu portable ac

Temps are at 84f during lights on 78f during lights off, The clones were rooted and put into 4" rockwool cubes pre vegged for around 7 days under t5 floro's long enough to root the 4" cubes. The transplanted into the system, Vegged another 7 days under the 2k and flipped to 12/12. Using co2 enrichment during flower only. Feeding them advanced nutrients 3 part along with an additives. Strain is GRAND DADDY PURPLE!

ANYWAYS LET A PARANOID GROWER KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, HE WILL LURK BUT HE WILL NOT REPLY!!!

MID TOWN

Looks good, you'll be happy with the GDP. the only costructive critisism would be that you only have 1 wall reflecting light, it'd be cool if you could box em in as much as possible to keep in all your lumens but thats about IT.
:lurk:

pumpkin2006

MyNameIsEarl said:
i wonder what the expected yield for 20 buckets and 2000 watts would be ????

Probably 30 oz's

I can't really say anything about this grow.... as stated, more reflectivity would be good, but otherwise this grow is ready to go. GDP is an easy strain is to grow and is an ok yielder... so GL Mr. Paranoid.

I think its funny that some dude will post it but you'll come to this site to see it. Think about it, if someone is watching this site and logging IP's then all they have to do is log all the IP's that visit this thread and explore each one; if they wanna find you, they will, so get over it. Probably shouldn't be growing/smoking if your paranoid.

KingRalph

pumpkin there's no such way to log ip's like that. good reasoning from falsities. :p paranoia is healthy in cautious doses.

blaze i'd say it looks tip top! gdp definitely is faster than urkle if that's just from 2wks of veg, they're doin damn well he should be proud!

i would just shift the light to the right a bit, looks like the left one is too far left, and make sure an oscillatin fan is on those ladies, an maybe trim inside a bit before they get into flower, to help avoid any mold problems later on, caus the buds should be mighty dense! really looks great. would be great to be able to see em later on too ;) peace n green thumbs!

TokeD

looks like trimmin's due on them fan leaves, let him know, that the foilage can slow the colas/tops of the plant from making it to the top of the canopy. This allowing others to get more light and strech so that they can all make in the bright canopy to get to their FULL potential. and more bud.

Last edited:
G

TokeD said:
looks like trimmin's due on them fan leaves, let him know, that the foilage can slow the colas/tops of the plant from making it to the top of the canopy. This allowing others to get more light and strech so that they can all make in the bright canopy to get to their FULL potential. and more bud.
what day during flower do you normally trim?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ok guys MR PARANOID says thanks for all the reply's. He said to let everyone know that there is an oscilating fan circulating air through the canopy its just not seen in the pics. And also the lights are positioned fine, The angle of the picture is throwing it off.

He said the plants are actually at day 19 total, 7 days veg under t5's and another 7 days veg in the buckets and they are at day 5 12/12 so total is 19 days from rooted clones. The reason why only one wall is reflective is this is a semi small system in a large room, And with the spacing they should be recieving all the light they need without 4 reflective walls. Also he may be paranoid but you will get to see progress pics each week, This thread will be updated weekly just like my grow threads.

Edit also all the trimming that is going to be done was done prior to switching 12/12!

W

WeldFlash420

Pullin up a chair for this one. Don't mind of I smoke do ya? LOL, awesome set up and its looking great so far. :lurk:

pumpkin2006

KingRalph said:
pumpkin there's no such way to log ip's like that. good reasoning from falsities. :p paranoia is healthy in cautious doses.

Sorry, but from a hacking background, yes you can log IP's and easily; remember, thats if someone wants to. Your sever may not log IP's but its still easy to monitor all incoming tracking into the server, doesn't matter if the server is logging.

I like caution, not paranoia.

senseless

looks like a dialed grow to me. if i were him i would position the lights parralell so the light footprint over laps eachother instead of shining on the floor or wall. and definatly light proof those buckets so you dont get algea.

next update is goin to be great if there on the 5th day flowering.

peace

N

Neptune

barf, there are 2 pumps in this system.

doesn't AN guarantee 2lb per light?
LOL
should be EZ123 then right?? :)

Mr. Paranoid,
the plants are too stretched, and if you did remove bottom branches it was a mistake! Either learn how this strain grows bro, or ditch it. It cannot grow like any ol' greenbud, it has special needs: 3-4 weeks veg, lots of branching space, don't trim anything!!!

remove bottom 3-4" of sucker growth, but that is it! ESP. under 1kw!!
better luck next time, but they look like ~20-30g per plant at this point dude.

bottom line is, you have to veg these Erkle hybrids for 3-4 weeks minimum to yeild... and don't really need to prune them, they stay short.

jimjay

How do you get branching space? I have always thinned out the scraggily growth that isnt getting light in the middle of the plant and a little around the bottom.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ok guys an update from PARANOID GROWER.

to neptune
bottom 3-4 inches were trimmed
there was alot of space for the branches to spread when put in the buckets
as u can see from the first couple of pics
and from my experience gdp does not grow like urkle
urkle seems to stay compact
as gdp stretches more and is more branchy

to senseless
the lights are pretty much withn 4 ft from center of the bulb
so they do overlap
but i see what your sayn by positioning the hoods a little differently
and the buckets dont seem to have any algae this run but ill prob lightproof them next run

Pics of them at day 13 12/12

G

Neptune said:
Mr. Paranoid,
the plants are too stretched, and if you did remove bottom branches it was a mistake! Either learn how this strain grows bro, or ditch it. It cannot grow like any ol' greenbud, it has special needs: 3-4 weeks veg, lots of branching space, don't trim anything!!!

remove bottom 3-4" of sucker growth, but that is it! ESP. under 1kw!!
better luck next time, but they look like ~20-30g per plant at this point dude.

bottom line is, you have to veg these Erkle hybrids for 3-4 weeks minimum to yeild... and don't really need to prune them, they stay short.

I disagree on the pruning and the plants staying short. they stretch when done right and in my experience not only do they yeild more when they stretch, they yeild more pirme nugs on top where you want em. and it helps a lot to remove the lower stuff....lots of it.

maybe learn how to grow this strain yourself before runnin your mouth like that....there are different ways to skin a cat.

Last edited: