What's new

Panama

chronosync

Well-stoned member
ehehhehe love the way you describe the creaminess, perfumey and incensey terpenes on your Panamas :) @chronosync In my experience with Panama, scents coming from stem rub rarely translate the same later to the smells of the flowers. How many weeks are they into flowering ?

Interesting finding! :geek: Variegation is quite rare to find in Panama genetics (very healthy and still diverse, not so inbred population).
Thanks dubi i really appreciate the kind words. Its difficult to translate the aromas I find in cannabis, into accurate descriptions but I try . Especially what I have grown from Ace, the complexity and depth is stunning.

panama have just turned 8 weeks in flower with varying degrees of maturity by my eye... looks like one could be done at 10 weeks and the others 11 or 12

Mattbho

Damn those are decent colas above !!! Mine went outside today . In a shady spot for a few days , then let them rip.

Attachments

• 20230530_072204.jpg
    20230530_072204.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
  • 20230530_072210.jpg
    20230530_072210.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • 20230530_072215.jpg
    20230530_072215.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 20230530_072217.jpg
    20230530_072217.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 143
  • 20230530_072221.jpg
    20230530_072221.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 157

GrandpaMillenial

Ohla everyone,

My main tent has 3 of aces panama from a fem pack i bought 2 years ago. Flowering started around March 26 so in week 9.

IMG_9667.jpeg

From left to right

This lady is the sorta in the middle between the other plants, leaves wanted to grow vertical most of the grow, but she is the lest productive
IMG_9668.jpeg

Lady in the middle, second most productive but the smell isn’t their, at one point she had leaves with 11 blades.
IMG_9669.jpeg

Lady on the right, most productive, best smell (frankinscense), tallest most aggressive, some foxtails, a bit of reflowering, longest flowering, she’s still throwing out white hairs, she is ripening from the bottom up. I hope to reveg this wonderful girl.
IMG_9670.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Occiput and GrandpaMillenial thanks for sharing pics of your Panamas indoor girls :giggle:

Occiput, the SCROG is well developed and with good colas all over the plant. A pitty to hear about the burn from the lamp. Any chance you can adjust/lower down the light intensity from the LED ?

Your 3 girls are very advanced in their 9th week of flowering GrandpaMillenial. Next time you can give them more nutrients and growth time for bigger yields. Hope you can reveg your favorite one!

GrandpaMillenial

Welcome Occiput and GrandpaMillenial thanks for sharing pics of your Panamas indoor girls :giggle:

Occiput, the SCROG is well developed and with good colas all over the plant. A pitty to hear about the burn from the lamp. Any chance you can adjust/lower down the light intensity from the LED ?

Your 3 girls are very advanced in their 9th week of flowering GrandpaMillenial. Next time you can give them more nutrients and growth time for bigger yields. Hope you can reveg your favorite one!

Thanks @dubi

These girls went into my grow as an after i realized i was going to have more room. I was mainly growing Blueberry and Flo. Sometimes I run grows where i keep many plants in a bonsai fashion for variety.

These where grown in 1.8 gallon/7 Liter pots in used soil. The 4 main colas from each plant are pretty decent in size, considering they only had 4 weeks veg.

I put them on a water only feeding just a little too soon and started getting some leaf drop, most trichomes are opaque. And zero herm/nanners.

The plan is to try and cross my favorite panama with my already selected Flo and make a bunch of feminized seed.

Last edited:

Felice

7A0702D0-E4A1-49C0-B787-14D821DA05DD.jpeg

So, an update from my Panamas:

148C8698-F753-4AEE-BFB8-C827AB507C80.jpeg
C51224BB-2278-4CEB-9053-AA2AFDB04CE5.jpeg

P2 is evolving towards a sweeter apple smell with some sweeter green mangoish smell, not as citric anymore. Also has she evolved from being the lanky one to being the one with the fattest buds now :))

282ABD86-DB72-467F-AFBB-48C0F4B65591.jpeg
D1CEBAF6-02F9-44C3-88F1-F8100166AD2F.jpeg

P3 is turning more and more sativa structure wise. The smells are not as intoxicating anymore, still a bit perfumy and now also woody somehow.

26546A89-6E4F-479C-9054-C88F36649996.jpeg

4D2CFA72-1A8C-439A-9D2D-D7BBF451D391.jpeg

P4 goes in another direction smell wise, some lemon candy, maybe lemon sorbet but more sweet than sour. Very dense buds but unfortunately I just found some dead bud leaves and tiny mold spots evolving. A bit odd given 24h fan and max 60% humidity in the tent.

EDIT: as most of P4 looked relatively ready (c. 9-10 wks since flip) besides the very top I decided to chop, to not let the mold get to spread in the tent.
Here a pic before I separated into small buds to make sure not to miss any potential mold spots:
C0CD89D8-9B83-4C69-85D1-350EB77E11A3.jpeg
FD5D743E-1650-4978-B883-3A148F408B1F.jpeg

Last edited:

Felice

Chop or wait? What do you reckon?

Smells are mainly of dried fruit now, and ca 10 wks since flip (clone).

Cheers!

Attachments

• 0A1BE5E7-28AF-4138-B2E1-F2D9AE15576E.jpeg
    0A1BE5E7-28AF-4138-B2E1-F2D9AE15576E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
  • 5D3C8A17-DF61-4EFB-90E7-B5E76D5D7ADF.jpeg
    5D3C8A17-DF61-4EFB-90E7-B5E76D5D7ADF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
  • 17A7796C-DAFF-4755-9274-58E8E703EF56.jpeg
    17A7796C-DAFF-4755-9274-58E8E703EF56.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
  • BBD7E86A-58AC-4A7F-9145-FE4B59FD8475.jpeg
    BBD7E86A-58AC-4A7F-9145-FE4B59FD8475.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76

Occiput

I did turn the lights down a bit Dubi, I think the damage is already done though.
Left Cola.jpg

Left 6.18.23.jpg

At the end of week 10 there's a fair amount of reflowering going on and trichomes are starting to go milky in higher numbers. I'm thinking I'm pretty close to harvest time?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm thinking I'm pretty close to harvest time?

Hi @Occiput yes you are! :) At this point of flowering and in her last reflowering, choose a moment for harvest time with strong, appealing and well defined terpenes and before overall plant's health start to fade to senescence and terpenes become distorted. Happy harvest!

Thanks for your updates @Felice in a perfect world i would wait a few days more, but i appreciate a fall in their health in your last update (leaves, insects and maybe botrytis type of mold) so i wouldn't wait much, i'm worried they at the end get spolied.

A picture of perfect health @FletchF.Fletch :love: I still remember the great Panama you posted late 22!
Is cuirrent one a new one or previous clone ? All the best for the flowering stage!

Thanks @dubi

The plan is to try and cross my favorite panama with my already selected Flo and make a bunch of feminized seed.

I experimented with great results on crossing landrace sativas with DJ's indica (mainly blueberry) more than 20 years ago and i have always encouraged growers to do so with our much more, highly worked current sativa lines. I really like Flo's effects, terpenes and bag appeal. DJ's work is really signature and unique.
Great thread (it has taken me about a week to read through it) so many good plants and info from dubi and Charlie. I've got 3 fem seeds that will be planted soon.

Hola @El Timbo ;) glad you took the time to read the whole thread, such long old threads are real gold mine of info and growers' experiences, and a true testimony of how a line has evolved, or has been preserved in its closer original shape after all these years. Happy to hear you are going to pop your 3 fem pack for this outdoor season!

Thank you so much Mattbho for introduce to us your Panamas and Dildo :ROFLMAO:

GrandpaMillenial

Hi @Occiput yes you are! :) At this point of flowering and in her last reflowering, choose a moment for harvest time with strong, appealing and well defined terpenes and before overall plant's health start to fade to senescence and terpenes become distorted. Happy harvest!

Thanks for your updates @Felice in a perfect world i would wait a few days more, but i appreciate a fall in their health in your last update (leaves, insects and maybe botrytis type of mold) so i wouldn't wait much, i'm worried they at the end get spolied.

A picture of perfect health @FletchF.Fletch :love: I still remember the great Panama you posted late 22!
Is cuirrent one a new one or previous clone ? All the best for the flowering stage!

I experimented with great results on crossing landrace sativas with DJ's indica (mainly blueberry) more than 20 years ago and i have always encouraged growers to do so with our much more, highly worked current sativa lines. I really like Flo's effects, terpenes and bag appeal. DJ's work is really signature and unique.

Hola @El Timbo ;) glad you took the time to read the whole thread, such long old threads are real gold mine of info and growers' experiences, and a true testimony of how a line has evolved, or has been preserved in its closer original shape after all these years. Happy to hear you are going to pop your 3 fem pack for this outdoor season!

Thank you so much Mattbho for introduce to us your Panamas and Dildo :ROFLMAO:

@dubi Reveg is finally taking off!

Flo
IMG_9751.jpeg

Panama

IMG_9752.jpeg

I’ve seen issues with pollen from Flo, so i am planning to reverse panama.

Have you seen any major differences when using either side as the mother or the father

Latest posts

Latest posts