What's new

Panama

johnnylawrence

It will be 10 weeks of 12/12 in 2 more days. Over the last couple of weeks, I have gradually reduced the photoperiod down to about 11:15 on, 12:45 off. I noticed the water consumption has slowed down a little, and the smell in the air is slightly less sweet and more dank as of today. Does anybody think she will be ready at 12 weeks? Just curious.

This plant came from a regular pack of Ace Panama, for anyone looking for a similar pheno. It has extreme vigor, even more than my Honduras x Panama. The mother plant has a noticeable astringent odor when the stem is rubbed. And some pine or dankness or something. The flowers themselves are more like a lemon cleaner smell. The pistils look the most pink where the airflow is best. The pistils in the corners and on the other side of the cabinet, away from the fan, mostly look less pink and more orange/salmon color.
029.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG
036.JPG

Last edited:

Mattbho

Jhonny i cant see the heads in the picture but i can't see those plants lasting another 2 weeks. Are those the red phenos ?? most of the leaves will long gone by then . But 0 Panama experience myself.

Check out these beans 18hours floating . Tail popped out already :).
The seeds were quite small . Are sativa seeds smaller than hybrid/indica seeds ?

Not that the seed size matters whatsoever. just an observation. 3 panamas and 2 Durban poisons for this years legal 4 .

I tend to top/fim mainline my gals, s
b 5 can become 4 with a bit of creativity

I'll try and get a preflower pictures up and of course some bud shots

Attachments

• 20230424_184236.jpg
    20230424_184236.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31

OZZ_

Veteran
A panama cola off of my panama (red pheno) I selected a year ago or so and have been holding onto ever sense.

Not what most look for when they turn to the panama line, this gal is old school Stoney… red eyed munchy madness, no sedation while high ironically but with a lethargic nature that lingers for a day or so afterwords making catching up on sleep very easy for the next few days. She throws down huge colas that are loud in terps. Musky upfront with the lemony scents in the background on this one, not the foreground. Long cure reverses that by enhancing the lemony scents while the musk slowly fades

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for choosing our Panama for your 1st sativa grow @Mattbho much appreciated!
Did you read the whole thread ? :giggle: Hopefully it inspired you for a great outdoor grow.

Panama is a bit on the limit for your latitude and climate, although we have seen growers finishing Panama even a bit northern than that, just hoping for a sunny, hot and dry October so you don't need to cover her at the end.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Some of my panamas are acting strange. 3 are falling over and the stems are wavy. Any idea on what could be going on? None of my honduras are doing it so i dont know what gives. ph is good and theyre getting enough water
Hi Rob, this typically happens to seedlings when they born with not enough light intensity and air flow. Move them to a place in the room with stronger light intensity, provide gentle constant airflow and some support so the stems are upright, soon they will get stronger and stronger day after day :yes:

Good luck with your 10 Panamas ;)

Hmong

Veteran
Are sativa seeds smaller than hybrid/indica seeds ?

there is no generalization.
It can be different between two of the same clones even.
environment is the biggest factor, the rest is strain and further pheno specific.

Panama is a bit on the limit for your latitude and climate, although we have seen growers finishing Panama even a bit northern than that

;)

47°N at 1000m (3000ft)
from my own redundant seeds, ACE 2014 repro

balcony, potting soil, full sun and with some overhead cover.
full

full

planted into the ground, rocky soil, late sun, no cover
full

full

I would recommend keeping them in pots and not putting em into the ground, because root zone temperature is most important to have em finish properly. They can deal with cold air no problem, but once the soil becomes dormant it does not matter how much light the plant gets, activity will stall.
Also the bigger they are, the worse it is, always consider that when using beds.
There is a reason why the real Nor Cal folks have special heating in their greenhouses.

Last edited:

Mattbho

there is no generalization.
It can be different between two of the same clones even.
environment is the biggest factor, the rest is strain and further pheno specific.

;)

47°N at 1000m (3000ft)
from my own redundant seeds, ACE 2014 repro

balcony, potting soil, full sun and with some cover.
full

full

planted into the ground, rocky soil, late sun, no cover
full

full

I would recommend keeping them in pots and not putting em into the ground, because root zone temperature is most important to have em finish properly. They can deal with cold air no problem, but once the soil becomes dormant it does not matter how much light the plant gets, activity will stall.
Also the bigger they are, the worse it is, always consider that when using beds.
There is a reason why the real Nor Cal folks have special heating in their greenhouses.
Thanks for the advice icmag fam. I never really thought about the ground temperature . Maybe thats why I always do so well in the big sub irrigated tubs . Plants be dead in the corn fields a month before the backyard tubs . I thought it was the extra attention . I've got some research to do. :/

Mattbho

Yes I read entire thread hoping for a great year . Last y
Thanks for choosing our Panama for your 1st sativa grow @Mattbho much appreciated!
Did you read the whole thread ? :giggle: Hopefully it inspired you for a great outdoor grow.

Panama is a bit on the limit for your latitude and climate, although we have seen growers finishing Panama even a bit northern than that, just hoping for a sunny, hot and dry October so you don't need to cover her at the end.
Yes I read all of Panama . And many more . Here's the gals . I sprinkled a few pellets of organic 4 4 4 . When I buried them a few days back. Time to get them closer to light and nice breeze . Times flying . I'm thinking 4 Panama here . Apparently I used a wash off marker . Gotta love surprises!!

Attachments

• 20230509_132843.jpg
    20230509_132843.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Latest posts