What's new

Panama

Updates: None of my closeup photos were in focus,damn.Will post some photos of the lovely colors we are seeing with the Panama's.Seems more prevalent on the tops and areas more exposed.

Was pouring the day I took these photos.I did add one out of focus photo just to show how brilliant the colors of the exposed buds are.Overall very proud of my friends successful efforts at keeping everyone healthy.

Have a great weekend everyone and be safe :)

Attachments

• IMG_4619.jpg
    IMG_4619.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4620.jpg
    IMG_4620.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4614.jpg
    IMG_4614.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4609.jpg
    IMG_4609.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 27

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
These Close-Ups are much better... beautiful and delicious like candy, i wish i had the red pheno. :cry:

Your fingers are nice and red too! ;) :biglaugh:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks
i´m growing some dr grinspoon from barneys right now(400w hps) and three reg panama are waiting in veg(taking clones and lill more veg) and 4 malawi fem 2

if males show they will be crossed with both.

this will be my first try on breeding so i have a lot of questions to panama males and don´t know where to beginn

how long till pollen shows normaly and should i use the first pollen or collect the whole lifecycle(will be hard but i think i can manage)?

if more males show what should i look for?
like later flowering males will make later flowering(? and more potent ?) offsprings.

what known dominant traits can i expect from panama in the offspring generation?

thx willi

just chopped the smallest of 5 plants i have growing in the backyard. i planted all of the seeds on the 23rd of may, but this one only grew to about four and a half feet at finish while the others are around seven or eight. i'm guessing it's an indica leaning pheno (even though there's no indica in panama) because it's pretty stoney (dried a bud in my vape) - more of a stone that a high, kinda disappointing (although it is all in the head - not much body)... just that same old indica, fuzzy, confused feeling. i hope the natural dry and cure changes that.

hFc56hl.jpg

ZDQF0iT.jpg

well, this pheno def has a ceiling... and it's a stoned/stupid ceiling, not a high/uplifting one. it really takes a lot out of me after a few sessions... it leaves me dazed and confused/burned out not wanting to smoke anymore. we'll see what comes of the other two phenos; i'll be pulling those midweek. one is the tall red one, and i'm pretty sure the other is the green. high hopes for the green.

it does beat commercial strains for sure though and there's not much body to it - i just wish it offered a much better head high. i'd call it a dirty sativa - at least this pheno. i swear i detect a hint of afghani but you guys would prob call me krazy.

i'll keep you guys updated.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
The end of days is coming... the leafs are dying from down to up... i've taken all her fan leaves now. Will be harvesting her in a couple of days.

Some buds are very 'thin/fluffy' some are more compact, maybe i expected more cause i never had a real sativa before and i have given not much fertilizer... and the light at the window is very low now.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Before the end....
Sometimes you have luck catching some nice pics with your poor little camera, hope you will enjoy. ;-)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

welp, i was wrong about panama in my previous posts. i'm pretty much in love with the red pheno at this point and i know the green pheno will be even more sativa so i'm looking forward to that. another earlier (just a bit) skunky pheno that i grew i'm not too crazy about, but the longer flowering phenos are def where it's at!

i wish i would have snapped a shot of the red monster before she came down, but everything was done in a haste today. she was near eighth feet, and was topped once too, so go figure. i'll post dried shots of each pheno (three, i think), and more shots with a brief smoke report after a couple of week's cure.

thanks to ace & dubi, and thanks to this forum for it's wealth of information that helped me with my first real grow.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
hey guys what do u think looks like male preflower on my panama(bt8)?

i´m used to grow cuts so i want to be sure before cutting down to one branch and repot in smaller pots

thx willi

sorry for the pics put mobiles are not made to take makros

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Hey chilliwilli, i think it's male... the first pic... Now after another three days, you might could see it more clearly!?

@All, THANX

nice resin plant
Oh yeah, you're so right! :biggrin:

The Crop, not much and way of fluffy but hey it's my first grown landrace and i'll definetely grow this strain in my next indoor run... the smoke report/smell/flavor i will post in a few weeks, keep it green. :tiphat:

Where are the outdoor Panamas from this season!?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Another photo of the Panama gal outdoors.

Someone mentioned whether the color was genetic or environmental,if I am not mistaken I believe it is both.Perhaps my setup does not facilitate seeing such lovely colors indoors,hard to say.To be honest I never worried that much about it as the individual I am running is so good I am thrilled with it regardless of the color it throws.

I did have a question for those with more experience than I with outdoor grows.The Panama has always finished easily indoors in about nine weeks or so. At the end of Aug. all the plants around the Panama started throwing pistils and the Panama was almost three weeks later than the rest of the plants showing hairs.I know on my gal indoors she comes on like gang busters the last week and half or so.However, the photo in this post was from yesterday and I am a bit concerned whether we get her done in time.Any thoughts from my friends out there?

Take care and be safe everyone :)
e
Edit: Next week I will share photos of the three foot colas starting to form up.These gals are just beasts.My friend had to move some of these giants and we didn't realize how big these gals were until we separated them from their neighbors.Average height is about 10'-12' tall.Shoot they didn't even get out until the end of June.Just thrilled with how well my buddy is doing with these gals.

Hi CharlesUFarley,

I'm glad you still keep your red pheno selection alive in clone form, i'm sure your friends appreciate that you are sharing it with them. The pinkish/reddish pheno is one of the most beautiful sativa expressions a grower can find, it's also very strong in potency and aromas, although i prefer the green/purple phenos for the effect. Wish you and yours enjoy it!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dont mean to hijack.... have 6 pans fems vegging..

all seem to be pretty uniform but there is this one... ( always is isnt it????lol) thats seems to be pretty indica dominant...

Usual traits .. leaves etc....

But it is beating the heck out of the other girls in veg..

Very strong looking, stem... etc.... growing like a weed. (who woulda thunk..??)

Outperforming the other 5 in veg.... not saying.... the other girls are getting along great....

anyone ever run across this pheno ?? ( Dubi)...??

Have other plans for the next grow and didnt anticipate taking clones but..... ????????

Thinks I will clone her to see what happens...

I s there a such thing as an indica leaning Panama???

Dubi or others???

thanks

Nuk

well, this pheno def has a ceiling... and it's a stoned/stupid ceiling, not a high/uplifting one. it really takes a lot out of me after a few sessions... it leaves me dazed and confused/burned out not wanting to smoke anymore. we'll see what comes of the other two phenos; i'll be pulling those midweek. one is the tall red one, and i'm pretty sure the other is the green. high hopes for the green.

it does beat commercial strains for sure though and there's not much body to it - i just wish it offered a much better head high. i'd call it a dirty sativa - at least this pheno. i swear i detect a hint of afghani but you guys would prob call me krazy.

i'll keep you guys updated.

Hi nukklehead and warcraft74,

Please, feel free to share your Panama reviews, this is what this thread is all about.
Although unfortunately your experiences didn't match your expectations with the strain, I always appreciate your feedback when it comes in a honest and respectful way.

There are no indica genes in Panama genepool as far as i know ... there are robust, wider leaved, compact and early flowering Panama phenos that look indica influenced, indeed there's an early flowering compact pheno with sweet aromas that has a strong narcotic effect, denser or dirtier as you explain .... remember panama sativas are very related to colombians, and some colombian sativas have this type of heavy effect, i don't find it afghani influenced but maybe i'm wrong.

Although the red/pink pheno is the more spectacular Panama expression, i prefer the taller longer flowering green/purple phenos for the effect, this phenos are quite tall with strong classic sativa branching, usually need 10-12 weeks to finish and have a strong lemony incensey aromas and very uplifting, psychedelic and long lasting effects.

Panama has a very complex genetic background. Some growers may prefer the shorter flowering pheno for indoor growing, others prefer the red/pink and others the longer flowering lemony incensey ones. All this different expressions can be found if you look enough in its population. I'm breeding lately (since 2013-2014) more towards the commented green/purple phenos that i like more .... although red phenos are also pollinated to make sure this colorful expression is still easy to find.