What's new

Panama

panama.jpg

just under a month of veg left.

The panama male I have in a glass of water has self-pollenated. It is lasting longer in the glass (over 3 weeks and not shriveling) than the other plants. In fact a little root is portruding from the stem. Not exactly a "developing root" but I will see what I can do about that.

I looked at the Panama breeder's description (from ace) and noted that it requires warm temperatures. I am chalking the pistils he was shooting to the need to reproduce. Not a proclivity to herm. I am overall impressed with the durability of this plant. its want's to survive. Of course this is my guess work.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Panama - Day 78 of 12/12

Panama - Day 78 of 12/12

Here's a couple of pics of Ms. Panama at age 78 of flower. MMMMMmmmm! Can't wait to make her acquaintance on the upside. I figure she'll go at least another week - I then have to travel so I will determine if she comes down or waits for me to come back. We'll see but your thoughts/guidance are always welcome and considered.

This is her top...If you look carefully, you can see that she's made up of gnarled, calyx snakes. She almost grew calyx by calyx. But some of the calyxes explode and send out numbers of other calyx - for example see the development of new pistils on the top. Her pheromones are high citric, soap and sandlewood.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pan_C.jpg
    pan_C.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 23
  • pan_B.jpg
    pan_B.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 28
  • pan_A.jpg
    pan_A.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Here's something I've been working on. DNA'S OG#18 X ACE'S PANAMA. I'm calling her pog. I think I'm going to cross her to a blueberry male for a blog. Let me know what you all think. View Image
-I like your thinking and sure will be excellent smoke. Got some Blue Santa(DJ Blue x Santa Maria) pollen and can't now, but want to hit Sensi Jack Herer for "Jackie Blue". Ace Panama for "Panama Blues". Classics Erkle hybrid for Blerkle. Also his Thai hybrid for "Blue Thai". Female seeds Ice(WW x Skunk special) for "Blue Ice". Esko's Cheeseberry for "Bluecheeseberry". Also have 1 seed of Valleygirl(C99 x SFV Og) for "Blue Valley". Friend grew one and messed it up and was still real nice smoke. Already got some Blue Mango(Blue Santa x Brooklyn mango hermie) and did 2 before and 1rst really had really great taste and hints of juicy fruit gum yet very potent as all will be that get by the Blue Santa. Not for some time to come unfortunately, but still High hopes. One guy at old tsd said he bought $1,000 in seeds and the BS was the most potent of all was the freebie from E$ko, back end of 2012 and said happy holidays on pack. I do concur with him and Blue Santa will add more resin and potency for sure as the Blue Mango was fire, but the fruity Brooklyn Mango was only med potency. Someday over the rainbow da da da. Love to here of different crosses and interesting for sure as you never know what exactly your going to get, just know its gonna be reeeal good. Thanks to all who have helped put info out there for me to study and so much more to learn yet did have some very amazing plants going for a while and for a relative newbie, to just growing that is.
Hope all your grows and plans bear muuuch fruit and great to see such creativity. peace...:tiphat:SR

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Has anyone encountered a pheno with a very common afghan-esque scent to it? My current panama smells very much like my afghan pheno of Soma's Diesel, and reminds me of common dispensary smells like Kushes, Diesels, Chemdawg sorts of flavors. The previous plant from this pack of seeds was a strawberry red pheno, beautiful and potent with an exotic fruit aroma very uncommon in commercial varieties.

Hi Bear Riot,

Depending on the pheno, Panama line has variability in the aromas, they are all great, as we commented previously they range from sweet strawberry and woody typical american sativa aromas, to the thicker denser colombian, vanilla aromas and the more lemony incensey expressions (my favourite panama expression for aroma).

Some phenos have a strong smell, even 'skunky' due the high quality and dense colombian type of terpenes, but no afghani influence. Rememer skunk also contains a good dose of high quality american sativa genetics.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Panacanna,

Thanks for sharing your freshly chopped Panama pics, it's a rare purple pheno, not easy to find such purple/pink colors in the whole plant, i'm curious to know the packing date of your envelope to find out the lot it could come from. The more 'typical' purple pheno (but also difficult to find) is the one that 3dDream posted.

Wish you enjoy her! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
has any one found their Panama Male's herm out given any amount of stress? I pruned him down from 6' to 3-4' and switched him to flower. Now he's around 5' and flowering… there are about % 25 of pistils among the pollen sacs!

Will this mean the females/males fron the F1 batch will herm out as well? I have already pollenated several branches so maybe this plant has run it's course. Should I chop? Is there a way to take the F1's and work the herm traits out? by using a new female or new male?

I was told this male is from a bagseed from panama. Here is a picture of the top I cut down when I got it:
View Image
edit- i have cut the stem and put it in a glass of water. It should still give a few more pollen sacs

Hi canna woop! It's quite frequent to have to deal with hermie issues when you are working with original landrace seeds.

ACE/CBG Panama has been worked many generations to avoid hermie traits, and to stabilize high quality traits like high resin content, dense flowers, indoor adaptability, refined aromas, higher terpene density, strong effect, short/moderate flowering time and also some ornamental desirable traits like the red/pink pistil or purple colors.

Statistically we only found 1,6 % of hermie plants in our previous panama selection and reproduction (selecting from different lines ranging from 2008 to 2012).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a couple of pics of Ms. Panama at age 78 of flower. MMMMMmmmm! Can't wait to make her acquaintance on the upside. I figure she'll go at least another week - I then have to travel so I will determine if she comes down or waits for me to come back. We'll see but your thoughts/guidance are always welcome and considered.

This is her top...If you look carefully, you can see that she's made up of gnarled, calyx snakes. She almost grew calyx by calyx. But some of the calyxes explode and send out numbers of other calyx - for example see the development of new pistils on the top. Her pheromones are high citric, soap and sandlewood.

Hi mayan, your panama is not a rare phenotype, it's the taller long
flowering white pheno that likes to foxtail and to reflower in late flowering.

I like to fully mature this pheno for approx 12 weeks to get all her strength, deep long lasting effect and resins, it's indeed one of the most resinous phenos making a nice whitish resin layer over the bud leaves, it's also probably the strongest panama pheno, the aromas on this expression are usually lemony fermented and incensey.

Im sure you are going to enjoy her :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's my Panama at 13.5 weeks. I need room for my over vegged PCK in flower, so I've decided to kill it despite occasional hairs still pushing through. Solid size and frost for a plant under 6 CFLs its whole life.

Thanks Terpene ;) I'm still amazed with the flower density, resin production and yield of your plants under LEDs.

Yours is quite a typical green pheno, there are some wilder phenos, a bit greener, yours is truely stereotypical and looks delicious. Sweet woody aromas ??

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I wonder if anyone crossed Ace's Panama to some Jack Herer.

Id like to try some "Panama Jack"

Hi Dr Purpur,

I think we have similar ideas in mind :) Jack Herer is like very refined colombian/haze sativa with afghani and skunk indoor hybrid. Jack herer from 90s was one of the strongest and more complex poly hybrids ever made.

Panama offers the best qualities of a high quality colombian/panama sativa without any skunk or afghani, although there are similarities between both strains, you can find very strong lemony incensey aromas in Jack Herer and Panama, that's why it came to our mind to make a cross between both.

Panama Jack was a limited edition released around 2008 (if i remember correctly), it was a pink panama crossed crossed to sensi's jack herer selection that was floating in my city in late 90s. Many seedbanks used this same Jack Herer selection to produce commercial hybrids.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Panama x Tikal would be more interesting from an ACE perspective

I also think so ;) A happy strawberry incensey Tikal female pollinated by a pink pistiled lemony incensey panama or pollinated by the more gentle and motivating green panama. Both ways would be very interesting to explore.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View attachment 251364

I did not quite get enough plant available Ca in it but I got enough something in it...this is the most crystal I have ever seen it make for me. I so look forward to smoking it.

What a beauty milkyjoe, nice resinous panama. You did a great job cultivating her :yes: Please, keep us updated with a smoke report. Hope the grow was a pleasant ride :) Enjoy!

Panacanna

Welcome Panacanna,

Thanks for sharing your freshly chopped Panama pics, it's a rare purple pheno, not easy to find such purple/pink colors in the whole plant, i'm curious to know the packing date of your envelope to find out the lot it could come from. The more 'typical' purple pheno (but also difficult to find) is the one that 3dDream posted.

Wish you enjoy her! ;)

Hey, dubi, good to hear from you!

I got the feminized seed from Herbies Pick n Mix as a single in Sep 2013 - no identifying info on the envelope, unfortunately. This one made some bananas at the end and has blessed me with three shiny healthy seeds so far, and I plan to keep the pheno alive - I have a cut in flower now, and also its cut in veg.

This one has a "thick" stone to it, which surprised me - very firm. The initial rush doesn't really clear as much as slowly fade, so a guy has to have a plan before he smokes or he'll end up gazing off into space for longer than he intended. It's quite punchy - potent.

The terpenes are amazing! Other strains have been just as fragrant but nowhere near as complex. I get piney cedar on inhale and some soft creamy citrusy taste on exhale - like faint tootsie roll (orange/chocolate) or perhaps it's vanilla. The jar gives off a musky nose-tingling pine/mulch scent.

:dance013:

I'll post up pics of the clone when she gets ready.

milkyjoe

Veteran
What a beauty milkyjoe, nice resinous panama. You did a great job cultivating her :yes: Please, keep us updated with a smoke report. Hope the grow was a pleasant ride :) Enjoy!

I am horrible with smells but she has this pepper smell going on underneath some other stuff. The high is a very up pleasant ride. Concentrated down to bho it is nothing short of amazing...pure electric with closed eye visuals for me, time and space distortion. Even the heaviest smokers aren't getting in a car on this.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, dubi!! Holy shit! I just had a hit or three of finger hash resulting from the jarring of this amazing white pheno. All I can say is that my body has turned into billions of particles of multi-colored neon string particles (or are they waves?) and my mind...um...my mind...

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Thanks Terpene ;) I'm still amazed with the flower density, resin production and yield of your plants under LEDs.

Yours is quite a typical green pheno, there are some wilder phenos, a bit greener, yours is truely stereotypical and looks delicious. Sweet woody aromas ??

A sweet, blueish-lemony, somewhat oily aroma. I don't know why it smells "blue" to me, but Destroyer does as well. I assume its how my brain registers lemon-pepper smells. I am CONVINCED that the song Panama from Van Halen is written about this line. Now I only refer to it as "PANAMA!" (like in the song) :D

http://youtu.be/w-NshzYK9y0

In addition to being a bit loaded, you're very charged up, very.. yeah I got this. It's not as soaring/stupid as I would have imagined a central american to be, just very confident, positive, chatty - somewhat similar to being buzzed on alcohol.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Love your guy's descriptions Mayan, Terpene, Panacanna and Milkyjoe. They all sound special. I'm itching to cut mine, she's all golden with some fat hard cola's but still throwing fresh pistils at 13 weeks. It's going to be at least another week or so.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Latest posts

Latest posts