What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey, here are three Panama indoors under leds in soil with gypsum and phosphate top dressing during flowering ( and a Congo) for comparison. I’ve recently raised my lights as I thought the Panamas might be suffering from being too close ( the Congo plant is further away) but I feel like in the past few weeks they haven’t been growing flowering as quickly as before. Any suggestions? The first panama in the pics has that lemon candy Terp in spades but it’s faded a bit which has got me worried. The second one is a little more leafy and the third one seems to be a longer flowering variety. Any suggestions? By my original calculations they re all at around day 56.

Hi @nattyroots thanks for choosing ACE genetics for your grow again. Could you label the photos or with text in apost them so I can properly evaluate what you're talking about?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Big stretcher, fat white pistils, crazy pungent smell with woody/chocolate notes. Someone had a similar phenotype ? Panama green × Panama Goddess ?

Anyway, here she is with her sisters at day 26 in the flowering stage.

View attachment 18980529
View attachment 18980888

Your sativa indoor grow looks very healthy, neat, and well-focused in early flowering, @FeelHaze :)
Let's wait a bit longer until she is more advanced into flowering to judge her terpene profile better.
Please keep us updated with relevant changes and progress.

FeelHaze

Your sativa indoor grow looks very healthy, neat, and well-focused in early flowering, @FeelHaze :)
Let's wait a bit longer until she is more advanced into flowering to judge her terpene profile better.
Please keep us updated with relevant changes and progress.
I surely will !
Thanks for the positive feedback @dubi

Dedomelow

Bom Dia...
Ace tropical mix reg '2 doce ...na roleta russa é uma panamá feno verde,bem limonada,casquinha de limão..
relatos e edições quando pudermos atualizar...

é nois que planta..
Salve!!! salve!!!meus irmãos..

Acho que a Panamá feno verde vai terminar assim,estou meio confuso com o que estou vendo,no meu cultivo é tudo orgânico uso um solo bomba bem descansado e curtido,nunca fiz um flush,após os cultivos reciclo o solo adicionando pouca coisa pra cozinhar denovo, então acho
que isso contribuiu pra essa obra de arte logo abaixo...

que bagueti gorda,que taco de base eu fiz,com air pot de 11 litros,2x clu048 cidadão 90 cri mai 1x clu048 cidadão 80 cri cada um com lpc 60w 1400ma mahnwel,na testa da copa das plantas.

Com a opinião de vocês,acham que está na hora de colher?será que os chips 90 cri ajudaram a reduzir as semanas de flora?eu ia deixa mais uma ou 2 x semanas,eu não marquei as dados de flora,eu tinha diário nos fóruns brasileiros,mas os dois saíram do ar,perdi as informações que tinha,foi mal vou botar fotos da bagueti aqui,acho que é um feno verde de floraçào rápido,pelas folhas comidas e pelos bulbos gg brancos tá chegando a hora.
Outro relato de cura,fumaça e sabor, quando eu cortei,venho conta pros irmãos...
finalizando no Panamá ...meu mano @dubi...

É nóis que planta...

Attachments

•  Panamá verde bagueti.jpg
    Panamá verde bagueti.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
  • 2 x tricomas bulbos gg.jpg
    2 x tricomas bulbos gg.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:

nattyroots

Hi @nattyroots thanks for choosing ACE genetics for your grow again. Could you label the photos or with text in apost them so I can properly evaluate what you're talking about?
Hi dubi, I took better pics and put labels. There are 3 panamas and 1 Congo. Panama started flowering fast but now seems stressed now. Panama 2 took longer to start throwing pistols and stretched more. Panama 3 was the most fragant but lost some of its terp strength.
Congo is faster has tight nugs all the way down.

One thing to note is that I had a bit of a dry period on Panama 3 when one of my blumats stopped dripping and that might have shocked them and delayed flowering. The room was also quite warm, around 33 for a few weeks and now luckily around 27/28.

My guess about too much light was because some of the mid buds on Panama 1 and 2 (and the shorter Congo) that are closer to the trellis seem to be doing better than the top buds closer to light. I’ve also reused soil which I don’t really know how to do and added some top dressing for extra flowering nutes (seashell powder, gypsum and rock phosphate), less on Congolese. There’s a little yellowing on Panama 1 but not much on others.

On a past grow I had a pheno of fem Malawi pck super close to light and it loved it so I thought I’d do the same. I’ve raised lights as far as possible on panamas but next run will train them better flower sooner.
panama2top.jpg

This one is panama2top.
Any ideas ?

Have a good one

panama1.jpg

Panama 1

lowerbudpanama2.jpg
upperbudpanama3.jpg
congolowervslight.jpg

El Timbo

I had a proper test vape of one of my Panama fems yesterday - excellent dried lemon aroma and flavour with pine and some herbs (not sure exactly what). The effect was very strong and long lasting! I loved it - I got loads done around the house and garden - even though I was starting one job then moving on to another before I'd finished the first :)

The only downside was that they were slow in veg (possibly because I germinated them at the beginning of July) so they were small when they started flowering and the yield was low. The buds themselves were not small so a bigger plant would have yielded well I think.

I would definitely grow them again though, but at a different time of year or a longer veg.

El Timbo

I numbered my 3 Panamas I, II and III - I and III were quite similar to each other and had a lovely, perfume, fruity aroma. II was shorter, smaller leaves and more of a woody aroma.

The report above was Panama III

I tried Panama II yesterday and sure enough it was different - much less aroma and flavour. However, in some ways it was even stronger than Panama III. I could feel the THC as I was vaping! It was just after a weight training and sauna session so that might have affected the experience.

I use a standard dose and normally make 3 or 4 volcano bags. Yesterday I had the first bag then made the second and started doing things - when I went to make the third I realised that the second bag was still full!

I soldiered on though (in the interests of science) and managed to finished 3 bags.

I then had one of the best mobility/stretching sessions I've ever had - it really helped me connect with a few shoulder and hip issues I have.

Panama I this afternoon!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Salve!!! salve!!!meus irmãos..

Acho que a Panamá feno verde vai terminar assim,estou meio confuso com o que estou vendo,no meu cultivo é tudo orgânico uso um solo bomba bem descansado e curtido,nunca fiz um flush,após os cultivos reciclo o solo adicionando pouca coisa pra cozinhar denovo, então acho
que isso contribuiu pra essa obra de arte logo abaixo...

que bagueti gorda,que taco de base eu fiz,com air pot de 11 litros,2x clu048 cidadão 90 cri mai 1x clu048 cidadão 80 cri cada um com lpc 60w 1400ma mahnwel,na testa da copa das plantas.

Com a opinião de vocês,acham que está na hora de colher?será que os chips 90 cri ajudaram a reduzir as semanas de flora?eu ia deixa mais uma ou 2 x semanas,eu não marquei as dados de flora,eu tinha diário nos fóruns brasileiros,mas os dois saíram do ar,perdi as informações que tinha,foi mal vou botar fotos da bagueti aqui,acho que é um feno verde de floraçào rápido,pelas folhas comidas e pelos bulbos gg brancos tá chegando a hora.
Outro relato de cura,fumaça e sabor, quando eu cortei,venho conta pros irmãos...
finalizando no Panamá ...meu mano @dubi...

É nóis que planta...

Olá companheiro :) Looks fantastic as she heads towards her end, with an amazing flower-to-leaf ratio and sativa character. I estimate she will be ready for harvest after 7-10 days since the last pictures were taken and this last reflowering ripens.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dubi, I took better pics and put labels. There are 3 panamas and 1 Congo. Panama started flowering fast but now seems stressed now. Panama 2 took longer to start throwing pistols and stretched more. Panama 3 was the most fragant but lost some of its terp strength.
Congo is faster has tight nugs all the way down.

One thing to note is that I had a bit of a dry period on Panama 3 when one of my blumats stopped dripping and that might have shocked them and delayed flowering. The room was also quite warm, around 33 for a few weeks and now luckily around 27/28.

My guess about too much light was because some of the mid buds on Panama 1 and 2 (and the shorter Congo) that are closer to the trellis seem to be doing better than the top buds closer to light. I’ve also reused soil which I don’t really know how to do and added some top dressing for extra flowering nutes (seashell powder, gypsum and rock phosphate), less on Congolese. There’s a little yellowing on Panama 1 but not much on others.

On a past grow I had a pheno of fem Malawi pck super close to light and it loved it so I thought I’d do the same. I’ve raised lights as far as possible on panamas but next run will train them better flower sooner. View attachment 18982155
This one is panama2top.
Any ideas ?

Have a good one

View attachment 18982145
Panama 1

View attachment 18982156 View attachment 18982157 View attachment 18982158

Thanks for taking the time to identify pictures for each plant and explain the environmental conditions in more detail, @nattyroots :yes: It helps me a lot to identify problems.
  • Try to lower the temperatures to at least 27ºC during the day and 20-24ºC at night. Too much heat (especially without mild nights) can cause excessive stretching and delays in flowering.
  • Ensure that the plants are not too close to the lamp, especially if you are experiencing high temperature problems indoors.
  • Check that the photoperiod is correctly set at 12/12, and if so, consider lowering it to 11/13.
  • Leaf curling and burnt tips are signs of too much fertilizer and/or pH imbalance. Check both.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I numbered my 3 Panamas I, II and III - I and III were quite similar to each other and had a lovely, perfume, fruity aroma. II was shorter, smaller leaves and more of a woody aroma.

The report above was Panama III

I tried Panama II yesterday and sure enough it was different - much less aroma and flavour. However, in some ways it was even stronger than Panama III. I could feel the THC as I was vaping! It was just after a weight training and sauna session so that might have affected the experience.

I use a standard dose and normally make 3 or 4 volcano bags. Yesterday I had the first bag then made the second and started doing things - when I went to make the third I realised that the second bag was still full!

I soldiered on though (in the interests of science) and managed to finished 3 bags.

I then had one of the best mobility/stretching sessions I've ever had - it really helped me connect with a few shoulder and hip issues I have.

Panama I this afternoon!

Glad you are already enjoying with the first smoking tests there @El Timbo ;)

Mountainkush

After growing many Panama hybrids the past few years, I’m finally getting around to trying some pure panamas.
I’ve been looking forward to this for a while so I grabbed a ten pack of standard seeds I’ve had in my fridge for about 4 years and tossed them in some wet paper towel exactly 1 week ago today.
I know some people don’t like that method but I’ve had almost 100% success with it over the years. And this time was no different.

Got ten out of ten started in some organic soil.
CB38AC58-42B6-4D4C-9C75-5392EA74D65D.jpeg

Cannabrainer

After growing many Panama hybrids the past few years, I’m finally getting around to trying some pure panamas.
I’ve been looking forward to this for a while so I grabbed a ten pack of standard seeds I’ve had in my fridge for about 4 years and tossed them in some wet paper towel exactly 1 week ago today.
I know some people don’t like that method but I’ve had almost 100% success with it over the years. And this time was no different.

Got ten out of ten started in some organic soil.
View attachment 18985890
I will join you shortly. I also use the wet paper towel germination method. However, I first place them on a cup of water for 24 hours or after seeing their little tails sprout. I get like 95% germ ratios (even with decade old seeds). Have fun with your Panama! And keep us posted!