What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

orangina

Veteran
Panama#1 harvest after 59 days!
full

full

full

full

full

Ravel

If you harvested a few buds early when the pistils are at their pinkest, would they retain the pink after drying and curing? Or would they fade to brown like any other pistil?

Shua1991

If you harvested a few buds early when the pistils are at their pinkest, would they retain the pink after drying and curing? Or would they fade to brown like any other pistil?
Yes, only until maturity, as they age/decompose they all turn reddish brown. Even white haired immature flowers will brown.

befa

Panama reg, she'll go to the guillotine
Plant having grown outside, quite a few problems, insects, I sprayed it with a powerful jet 2 times, calmag deficiency, amino acids and P.
Odor of fried sweet onion, orange blossom fragrance with light notes of lemon alcohol (draining).
But this will change with hardening.
SDC14869.JPG
SDC14870.JPG
SDC14872.JPG
SDC14877.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Panama x Kali China (ACE RND) at the start of week 4 in 1 gallon pot. Smells and looks are Panama dominant, with the very very subtle hints of KC. Can't wait to see how she will turn out.

View attachment 18907113

Hi @Tranquilidade thanks for sharing a pic of this new cross in early flowering :)
She is very Kali China dominant in structure (columnar) and leaf shape. Pistils show more sativa influence.
Lemony smells are indeed Panama dominant since lemon cannot be found predominantly in straight Kali China. Please, keep us updated!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Good question @Ravel as @Shua1991 correctly pointed, the intense pink-fuchsia color in the pistils remain during flowering while plant is alive, later pistils turn brown through drying-curing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Panama reg, she'll go to the guillotine
Plant having grown outside, quite a few problems, insects, I sprayed it with a powerful jet 2 times, calmag deficiency, amino acids and P.
Odor of fried sweet onion, orange blossom fragrance with light notes of lemon alcohol (draining).
But this will change with hardening. View attachment 18911965 View attachment 18911969 View attachment 18911973 View attachment 18911975

Great looking big buds there @befa :D always a pleasure to have the chance to evaluate reg vs fem here in this thread. Yours should be done in approx 10 days (for my taste).

befa

Great looking big buds there @befa :D always a pleasure to have the chance to evaluate reg vs fem here in this thread. Yours should be done in approx 10 days (for my taste).
Hello Dubi, I should leave it for another 1 week to 10 days as you said, but unfortunately too many worries with insects and I prefer to pass to the hatch today than to find myself with a mess not possible in 10 days, thank you again, it will smoke a little more sativa, I hope ;)
I let myself get a bit overwhelmed, but I was able to observe and analyze the organoleptic profile with a few panama male and female specimens, the craziest fu the use of a panama male with special hash plant spyrock. They all gave off terpene profiles revolving around lemon floor wax, leather incense, floral incense, lemon incense, lemon pine incense, puta de madre the lemon noble wax pheno drove me completely mad I'd never smelled it before. The hash plant is a veritable terpene-capturing capsule ,recessive that shit.
I'll post some tofs and give you more details.

Maria Sanchez

This is F1 generation pollinated with different males to create two distinct lines: one branch has been pollinated with F1 father to get F2 beans, and the other branch has been polinated with a Santa Marta Gold x Hubbabubbasmelloscope father. Theoretically both lines should produce 25% auto genes in next round.

Oh, wow, you have to tag me when you drop those F2s.
Hope you can drop a lot of them, need it to be able to selection from the lucky 25% autos.
Why did you go with the Hubbabubbasmelloscope?
They have a Pink Panama auto, don't they? and some other more sativa leaning autos. Just curious.
Love this project! used to run autos for a few years. They're fun!

Tranquilidade

Oh, wow, you have to tag me when you drop those F2s.
Hope you can drop a lot of them, need it to be able to selection from the lucky 25% autos.
Why did you go with the Hubbabubbasmelloscope?
They have a Pink Panama auto, don't they? and some other more sativa leaning autos. Just curious.
Love this project! used to run autos for a few years. They're fun!

The Hubbabubbasmelloscope variety is the most sativa-dominant strain in my collection of autos, boasting robust branching, high potency, and appealing scents. Interestingly, it has become my friends' favorite among the few autoflowering strains I've grown. However, I'm not fond of the fact that some of its phenotypes emit not just a pleasant bubblegum scent but also have an underlying diesel-like odor, which I don't particularly like. I'm uncertain about the size of my F2 selection, but I intend to breed out this dieselish scent. I'll share one final photo of the harvest day along with my initial impressions of the flavor from the early samples.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Dubi, I should leave it for another 1 week to 10 days as you said, but unfortunately too many worries with insects and I prefer to pass to the hatch today than to find myself with a mess not possible in 10 days, thank you again, it will smoke a little more sativa, I hope ;)
I let myself get a bit overwhelmed, but I was able to observe and analyze the organoleptic profile with a few panama male and female specimens, the craziest fu the use of a panama male with special hash plant spyrock. They all gave off terpene profiles revolving around lemon floor wax, leather incense, floral incense, lemon incense, lemon pine incense, puta de madre the lemon noble wax pheno drove me completely mad I'd never smelled it before. The hash plant is a veritable terpene-capturing capsule ,recessive that shit.
I'll post some tofs and give you more details.

really inspired description for Panama's lemony incensey terpene profile @befa :D can feel you like it as much as i do, there's another terpene profile in Panama line leaning to sweet-strawberry, but i prefer the lemony incensey.

Very promising Panama x auto @Tranquilidade the cross came out very Panama dominant for look, leaf traits, stretching, branching, etc ....

Did she survive the snow Mattbho ?

Moglozoid

Hey everybody !

A quick view of my beloved 2.5 years old reg Panama mother plant that just achieved her 11th week of flowering in a 20L container, under a 300W LED panel, right before chopping her down. She's given nice results growing countless onebuds in 2.5L pots over that time span.

Although I'm willing to dig further into Ace's catalog, I know I'll get back to this strain one day or another.

P1.jpg