What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

FletchF.Fletch

420club
how do u pick a male??? - is he tall??, squat??? - how do u pick?? - i understand a lady which u n have grown out and is ass-kickin, but the male??? maybe the runt is the 'shit' (in a good way) - dubi... how do u decide???

You do exactly what the Ladies do when choosing. Identify the best looking one who has his Shit closest to together.

Choose according to the traits you are working towards or want to maintain. Identify a group that looks right, then narrow it down by choosing the Strongest smelling candidate (this is where botany strays from coupling, sorry Ladies, Ha Ha!!) Also, time of Flower for a Male whether early and quick or late and prolonged (again it matches up) can be a factor in choosing depending on your desired outcome.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
so when picking a male, u go by your gut??.... if i have a great lady and want to pollinate , i understand looking for a male who is maybe the quickest to flower, or smells great...etc..etc.... BUT.... maybe the runt of the litter, or a male who has little smell is actually the 'shit' (again in a good way) ... but not picked as her mate and should have been the choice...

i would have thought there would be a more scientific way of picking....

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Not a lot of miniature lions out there bro, survival of the fittest, selected for the Strongest.

Who has time to gene sequence the runts? Science maybe, but Nature moves too fast.

I get what you're saying, shame to lose out on what could be, but that's how it works.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
here are the last males i have left. i tried to make some stress tests for them. i was touching their stems between my fingers, and calculated how much pressure does it takes to make it snap. also i did some supercropping, took off some leaves and kept them out of light and things like that. now i changed their light from hps to soft led. none of them smell super special, and the one with most branches doesn't smell like at all. i still tried to pick different smelling phenotypes.

6.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
and here are females. i haven't looked for them much because i wan't to see that final product before choosing the keeper.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

7.png

this one seems interesting ;)
7.png

6.png

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    517.9 KB · Views: 21

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
A few shots of my Panama lady. She's grown scrog style. Today I spent 2hrs tidying her up and repostioning all the tops.

as you can see, she's just starting to flower.

She looks a bit of a mess after all the training today but by first thing tomorrow morning she'll be looking nice an even.

S6000001.JPG
S6000002.JPG
S6000003.JPG
S6000004.JPG
S6000006.JPG
S6000007.JPG

Tomorrow i'll post some more shots showing how she has recovered.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
You've done a great job with the training, Hombre. Love seeing a well trained plant outdoors in full sun. Beautiful plant.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Thank you gentlemen, i'm lucky to be retirred and have the time to spend training my girls.

As promissed, a couple of shots taken just a few moments ago. She's looking much better now, although not totally even in hieght. Hopefully the worst of the rapid stretch has finished and i can just let go.
S6000011.JPG
S6000013.JPG
S6000014 (2).JPG

The dirt you can see on the leaves in the last shot is caused by the rain we've had. Lots of Saharan dust in the air. It's very unusual for us to see any rain before the end of September. This year we've had several overcast and muggy day's in August; very odd indeed. I'll be out with the BT spray once the weather clears up again.

Consolidated

Are you looking for compliments? what dusty leaves? Your Panama looks flawless.
Have the rest of your plants started flowering?
Cheers.

Ralph W. Llama

Hey Dubi,

Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but the one Panama I have been running is almost impossible to keep PM and mold off it. I have a dehumidifier running 24/7 and even with a very early chop before the latest one got too dense, it still got some PM while hanging in front of the dehumidifier. I can't run it in a crowded tent either, as the moisture from the other plants is too much.

I love the flavor, effects and yields, but can't seem to get a clean finish. I have never seen this before with other strains I have run, including similarly large yielding dense flowers. Any help? Thank you.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Thanks Consolidated, the NC and the Zamaldelicia are both flowering, the SMH is showing signs but the Goldern tiger isn't doing mucg other than streching like mad.

I'll put up pictures of all the girls at the weekend.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
My comment "hopefully the worst of the rapid stretch has finished", was wishfull thinking, she's still stretching like mad!

Before training,
S6000031.JPG
S6000032.JPG
S6000033.JPG

And a few from after training

IMG 0629
S6000043.JPG
S6000044.JPG
Tomorrow I'll post a few again, once the training has sorted itself out

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
finally they are at this point ;) 3 weeks after 12/12 switch, i'm happy to be with them.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

Humple W.

Had a Panama mom that outgrew its space, so I took a cutting and was going to cull the mom, but my wife HATES culling and decided she was going to put the plant outside. (This was a few weeks ago.) I told her there's absolutely no way it'll reach maturity, as we didn't have enough growing season left here in Michigan, but she didn't care. I figured what the hell, at least I'll find out if this one is a red-hair after all. So here's a pic from the indoor run of this pheno.
PXL_20210501_151744617.PORTRAIT.jpg

And here's the same pheno outside.
PXL_20210904_173106433.jpg

I knew it!! Looking forward to running this one outside next year! As it stands now, we'll get some immature bud from this girl, and probably not much of it, but hey, it's more than nothing!

skoviik

wow, those panamas are beautiful. A beautifully trained plant. I'm risking with three panama's this year, one is quite fast flowering, maybe she can make it here in Slovenia at 46lat. Would help if I was at the coast or somewhere else where they would be less weather dependent.

Attachments

• photo2071018.jpg
    photo2071018.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2071019.jpg
    photo2071019.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2071020.jpg
    photo2071020.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 49