What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

Humple W.

My two Panama, at 8 weeks as of tomorrow. Could definitely be in better condition, but I'm still very happy with their development! The plant on the left is the Red (I can't capture the color well with my phone, but close up to the buds you can see pink pistils scattered here and there through the bud. Definitely doesn't look like the pics I've seen of sun or broad-spectrum LED grown red Panama, but my lights are simply 3000k - I'm happy for what I can make out!), and on the right is the Green (definitely bigger buds - the difference is greater in-person than in picture - bud also definitely not as dense as the Red).
PXL_20210515_142733213.jpg
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Here's the Red.
PXL_20210515_142804544.jpg
​​​​​​
Here's the Green.
PXL_20210515_142745910.jpg
​​

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Wow guys, great job!

Azn, that is a Total Beast. It's so wide it looks like it would clog up the Canal. Nice work giving it proper space.

Humple, I hear you on the spectral issue , but come on those plants developed Very, Very Nicely. You should be quite proud.

I checked the date on the pack of my last 5 Panama Standards and it was Time. Seeds have soaked and are set to Sprout!!

Humple W.

Wow guys, great job!

Azn, that is a Total Beast. It's so wide it looks like it would clog up the Canal. Nice work giving it proper space.

Humple, I hear you on the spectral issue , but come on those plants developed Very, Very Nicely. You should be quite proud.

I checked the date on the pack of my last 5 Panama Standards and it was Time. Seeds have soaked and are set to Sprout!!

Thanks! I'm thinking I might put a cutting of the red pheno outside this year. I'm in mid-Michigan, at 43°N, so I think I could pull it off. But I'd love to see what she looks like under the sun! I may also try a cutting in one of my other tents, where I have broader-spectrum lighting. I generally like to do my first run of a strain under straight 3000k, and then try later runs under different lighting. Should be educational!

Humple W.

My Panamas, at 9 weeks of flowering as of tomorrow. We've had a couple of dreadful heat waves over the last couple of weeks, with this tent hovering in the high-80's/low-90's (Fahrenheit) for most of the lights-on period. We're supposed to be getting air conditioning before this summer really hits peak temps, but in the meantime the plants are suffering. (Though I'm sure it isn't just the heat - I know I can dial in their feed better.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210522_143449771.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	17863095
​​​​​​
​​​​​​In the pics they look much more alike than they do in-person​. Even the following close-ups don't really capture how different they are.

Suspected Red pheno.
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210522_143534675.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	17863096
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Suspected​ Green pheno.
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210522_143514176.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	17863097
​​​​​​
​​​​​​I'm guessing 2-3 weeks left? Hope I can get them across the finish-line in decent condition!​

Humple W.

My Panamas, at 9 weeks of flowering as of tomorrow. We've had a couple of dreadful heat waves over the last couple of weeks, with this tent hovering in the high-80's/low-90's (Fahrenheit) for most of the lights-on period. We're supposed to be getting air conditioning before this summer really hits peak temps, but in the meantime the plants are suffering. (Though I'm sure it isn't just the heat - I know I can dial in their feed better.)

​​​​​​
​​​​​​In the pics they look much more alike than they do in-person​. Even the following close-ups don't really capture how different they are.

Suspected Red pheno.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Suspected​ Green pheno.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​I'm guessing 2-3 weeks left? Hope I can get them across the finish-line in decent condition!​

Oh, I forgot to mention - they both still smell lemony, but the one I'm calling "Green" has an added sharpness to it that almost strikes me as "fizzy"; the "Red" has a muskier aroma mixed in with a slightly more muted lemon-scent. The green is frostier, the red more dense. The Red has some very faint purpling on some calyxes.

Any experienced Panama growers have any thoughts on these expressions?

Last edited:

Cleaned8272727

Dried a lower larf sample in the food dryer at week 9. The effect has a drunken, slippery feeling that comes softly right behind the eyes upon the first puff. My wife says it makes her feel very "light" and has an upbeat vibe to it. Very promising so far. 2 more weeks to go.

Humple W.

So for anyone who has run Panama in hydro (I realize that's likely a smaller demographic), what EC do you like for the height of flowering?

Humple W.

My two Panama, at 10 weeks of flowering as of tomorrow. Thank God the heat wave broke a couple of days ago, but I don't know how I'm going to keep this tent running if we don't get some AC in our room. Still supposed to happen, but things keep delaying it. But sustained temps in the 90's just aren't very manageable. Everything in the garden is suffering, actually, not just this tent. My two beautiful Bubba Hash plants (I'll post pics in the appropriate thread) are beginning to struggle now too. When temps get that crazy it's just a downward spiral, and it's fucking frustrating. But we grow on, regardless!

All things considered, I'm still very happy and very excited about this grow. Looks like we have a couple of weeks left on both plants. Trichomes are mostly cloudy on both, though there might be a higher ratio of clear trichs on the "Green" (on the right), and there is certainly a higher ratio of white pistils there, with the "Red" (on the left) looking nearer completion to my eye. Temped to cut sample buds from each, but I may just ride it out and wait for full maturity before trying any (not sure yet).

PXL_20210529_144716312.jpg
​​​​​​
Green.
PXL_20210529_144734147.jpg
​​​​​​
Red.
PXL_20210529_144748152.jpg
​​

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubi (or anyone who's familiar with the different phenos in this line), do the red and green phenos manifest the same morphology/structure?

So for those who know this cultivar, do the red and green typically have the same bouquet? I can detect little difference between them - both are INTENSE lemon cleaner/lemon cady (just like all the descriptions I've read!), with the "green" smelling a little bit stronger.

Wonderful Panama girls and excellent gardening job Humple W. ;) I also like to harvest most of indoor Panamas after 11-12 weeeks of flowering.
I think both plants are very similar based on their appearance, size, yield, your description of their aromas, maturation speed and flower morphology, both leaning to Panama Goddess mother, which is a parental plant with mixed traits from 3 main phenos (green, red and purple), but not leaning strictly to only one of them.

If you are growing Panama fem version, it is produced with Panama Goddess F10 and a reddish F6 S1, both very elaborated parental plants on the advanced stages of Panama breeding, so from Panama fem release you usually get a blend of traits from the 3 main phenos (green and red mainly, but purple recessive too). The red phenos usually show the pink-reddish pistil outdoor in a much more evident way than indoors, although very reddish phenos will do it indoors too, depends also on the type of lights.
​​​​​​​
The strong vanilla, creamy, lemony cleaner, loud incensey terpenes is the main terpene profile i have tried to fix in ACE Pamama releases since it's the best one, at least for me.

Regarding feeding, we have fed Panama Goddess in the peak of flower production up to 1.8-2.

Great great job as well Azn00superman :tiphat: Looking very resinous! I have the feeling this one is going to be one of those heavy toxic phenos :D

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Fruity lemon zest.

Lemon zest' heavy artillery Ralph W. Llama :D Well done, thanks for sharing your results and enjoy yout harvest!

Thanks dubi and the rest of the crew of ACE for their work. This is a very vigiors Panama male which is going to be used for some (sativa polyhybrid) crosses. My first picture on ICmag has to be at ACE.

Happy growing,
Prisma[/ATTACH]
Welcome to ICMag and thanks for joining the ACEwagon Prisma Prime :tiphat:

On my third run of Panama Std. clones. 2 distinct types. The one that shows red pistols finishes 6-10 earlier than the one in the picture. That one is at 63 days and showing it's Panama Goddess influence. Into the last flowering with about 2 plus weeks to go.

Humple, the smells are similar but with slight differences. I prefer the red over the other, but both are great.

Buds at 2-3 months in jars are getting better. Both a pleasure to smoke, with the red offering a bit more of a confused high. One that I would describe as best to complete one thing at a time before taking on another task.

The one with the Goddess parent needs more of a dry down before going into jars.

A pleasure to know you keep in rotation your Panama selection Lotto ;) That's always a great sign! :yes:

Thanks JohnnyChicago for chime in! :) Hope to try your Pan O Haze one day!

Getting excited for this next season as I'll be growing out my first pollen chuck.. My friend and I wanted to do a cross using two different chemovars of Panama Red. I just provided the Ace seeds,, he's doing the rest all indoors(super good deal for me lol). He selected an Ace seeds female that smells like lime zest and carrot peel, that is super chunky and resinous, crossed with a mutant Coastal seeds Panama Red male. What is interesting is the different chemotypes. Ace has high THC/CBG and Coastal has high CBD/CBG and according to the breeder, it has THCv in the populations that express more frequently in the mutant outliers (hence his choice in male). Hoping for lots of hybrid vigor and a terpene/cannabinoid salad.

Nice to see you around friend ColaCalyx :) Yeah i saw Coastal Panama Red has high CBD content. The cross with our Panama should be interesting if the goal is to produce a Panamanian line rich in these 3 main cannabinoids: THC-CBD-CBG, that was also a bit my goal with our own CBD #1 and Panama Goddess hybrids, although we haven't had the time to explore these yet in more depth. I grew in my early days Colombian Red sativas that now thinking about it, and after having more experience and being able to recognize CBD i would say some of the old Colombian (and therefore Panama) Red lines were rich in CBD, not my favorite ones to get high, but indeed interesting.

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
So for anyone who has run Panama in hydro (I realize that's likely a smaller demographic), what EC do you like for the height of flowering?

Hey Humple,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Panama can easily tolerate 1.8-2 EC in Hydro as Dubi said. I've run it in Rockwool Hugos, and also done them in Delta 10 cubes on top of the Hugos and have pushed them over 2ec. They love Hydroponics. Just watch for buildup. Watering to good runoff was the thing that made the difference. First few times I tried Panama, nutrient buildup caused leaf burn and overall stress. Flushing with weakened solution as needed to maintain your ph and EC is worth the effort.

Bummer about the heat. Water with weakened solution with extra mg during the hot spell, dim your lights if possible, and get some fans going if you can. Panama does not mind the heat, the weather there is always 33C and rainy, but stagnant hot air is not beneficial and will start mold growth even on resistant strains.

Humple W.

Hey Humple,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Panama can easily tolerate 1.8-2 EC in Hydro as Dubi said. I've run it in Rockwool Hugos, and also done them in Delta 10 cubes on top of the Hugos and have pushed them over 2ec. They love Hydroponics. Just watch for buildup. Watering to good runoff was the thing that made the difference. First few times I tried Panama, nutrient buildup caused leaf burn and overall stress. Flushing with weakened solution as needed to maintain your ph and EC is worth the effort.

Bummer about the heat. Water with weakened solution with extra mg during the hot spell, dim your lights if possible, and get some fans going if you can. Panama does not mind the heat, the weather there is always 33C and rainy, but stagnant hot air is not beneficial and will start mold growth even on resistant strains.

Excellent, that's just the kind of info I need. Much appreciated!

Salva

Buenas tardes, como puede ser que la Colombia Mangobiche tarde de 16-24 semanas y la Panamá de 9-12? Tiene algo de indica? Gracias.

Humple W.

Chop day for Panama day 73:

She's a chonker for sure. We don't make edibles so the larfs are going to be trimmed then quick dried in a food dehydrator for sampling purposes. I don't expect top tier smoke since they're quick dried, harsh, and mostly larfs but should give a decent indication of the effects.

A few improvement I can make for next grow: use a 7 gallon pot for even better yield, let her go 12 weeks instead of 10 (being that she still has quite a bit of white pistils)

Looks great!! Just curious, but why did you decide to chop at 10 weeks?

Latest posts

Latest posts