What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Malawi - limited edition

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I'm ranking this one in my top 5 Ace strains. Very energetic, positive and good power. I had tried freezer drying this one and thought I had ruined it. But after a good month of jar curing the aromas came back to some extent and she smokes real sweet. The wife hates it but I think it's fantastic.

noknees

I'd highly recommend this strain for those who like sativas but are sensitive to anxiety.

Relaxing, calm, painkilling, meditative, great for music appreciation - both listening to and playing, up, a mood brightener, anti-depressant. And also GREAT sex weed!

nice review. sounds about perfect. thanks dude :tiphat:

We have produced this year a regular version of Panama x Malawi limited edition:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/panamaxmalawistandard.html

:)

Kijell

Here is my new grow of Panama x Malawi and it finished phenomenal in 88 Days!

I think it is one of the best finishes I had with any plant this year, there is so much resin on the buds for a sativa, they sparkle and shine under light it is so beautiful :D
It grew big, had long great branching and super yield.

When you smoke it is quite hard for your lungs you will have to cough, really potent, it will come so much smoke and it is really fresh exhaled.

Incense Lemon Flavour and smell, not as flowery this time as last time, more strong oily organic lemon flavour.
You get really happy after smoking and a bit hyped with a relaxed and focusing finish, but not stressed or any anxiety, really pleasant high.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Hi robotwithdreams,

To be honest, we have never found any fasciated plant in the Panama x Malawi F1 fem hybrid and we grew hundreds in 2018, neither in Malawi or Panama, bu it's a rare trait that occasionally pops up in most cannabis populations.

Thanks for the feed back Dubi,

I encouraged my buddy to keep her around. He was concerned she may have a higher chance to herm. He kept her in the room and so far is happy he did. He says she smells great and is nice and frosty. She looks very cool, and one never know till its time, but she may end up with some dynamic smoke. Last time i spoke to him he was going to sign up at icmag and post some pics of her.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pleasure to hear it Texas Tea :tiphat:

Panama x Malawi is really a sativa star that has everything that even the most demanding sativa lover could ask for: potency, quality of effect, loud and refined terpenes, huge yields, lovely sticky resins, easy to grow, feed and trim, bag appeal, versatility, great indoor adaptability and finishes in quite moderate flowering times for a sativa of this kind.

I'm ranking this one in my top 5 Ace strains. Very energetic, positive and good power. I had tried freezer drying this one and thought I had ruined it. But after a good month of jar curing the aromas came back to some extent and she smokes real sweet. The wife hates it but I think it's fantastic.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent Kijell ;)

Congrats on your harvest and glad this new female seems promising too :yes: It's very easy to find keepers with this cross.

I'm wondering, which one do you like the most ?: Nevil's Haze x Panama or Panama x Malawi ? :biggrin:

Here is my new grow of Panama x Malawi and it finished phenomenal in 88 Days!

I think it is one of the best finishes I had with any plant this year, there is so much resin on the buds for a sativa, they sparkle and shine under light it is so beautiful :D
It grew big, had long great branching and super yield.

When you smoke it is quite hard for your lungs you will have to cough, really potent, it will come so much smoke and it is really fresh exhaled.

Incense Lemon Flavour and smell, not as flowery this time as last time, more strong oily organic lemon flavour.
You get really happy after smoking and a bit hyped with a relaxed and focusing finish, but not stressed or any anxiety, really pleasant high.

Kijell

I'm wondering, which one do you like the most ?: Nevil's Haze x Panama or Panama x Malawi ? :biggrin:

I have to say both strains are really good. They are different enough that I grow them together :)

Panalawi is more uplifting and a bit crazier, quite strong head effects now. After 3 months cure it is one of the strongest I had so far.
Seems to be more on the Malawi Side. Also the bud when smoked seems to be higher quality than Haze.

But it doesnt have that healing / medicinal benefits of N.Haze x Panama. It soothes me more and gives me relaxed good feeling.
It is more introspective but in a good way. It changes my mood more drastic and lets me disconnect from a bad day for example.
Panalawi is more of a mood booster, N.Haze x Panama is more a mood changer! :)

Panalawi is more fun to grow with better structure and better yield.
Nevilles Haze x Panama has small stems and need support early.

But as I said I think both are top strains and I will grow them together again! :biggrin:

MIGreenman

I have four Panamals and already have a clear favorite. My #3 plant is solidly braided with super tight internodal space compared to the other three. This one smells like strawberry cherry bubblegum with a splash of terpintine. Early resin production starting at week 2. Perfectly easy to grow, eats everything you feed it with no fuss and pencil-thick stems top to bottom. This one will be a monster yielder and is warming my heart this winter season in Michigan. Cheers!

picture.php

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I have four Panamals and already have a clear favorite. My #3 plant is solidly braided with super tight internodal space compared to the other three. This one smells like strawberry cherry bubblegum with a splash of terpintine. Early resin production starting at week 2. Perfectly easy to grow, eats everything you feed it with no fuss and pencil-thick stems top to bottom. This one will be a monster yielder and is warming my heart this winter season in Michigan. Cheers!

View Image

Thanks for posting. Good luck with the rest of the grow, hope you find a real keeper from them.
Are you using fluence led? How do you like it? Im curious to know how far you keep the fixture from top of the canopy during peak flower?

MIGreenman

Thanks for posting. Good luck with the rest of the grow, hope you find a real keeper from them.
Are you using fluence led? How do you like it? Im curious to know how far you keep the fixture from top of the canopy during peak flower?

Hey there robot. your handle reminds me of Sonny from the movie I robot. Anyway I have two different types of Fluence fixtures. Three Spyder x plus which is the original eight bar light and two of the spyder 2P. The specs are pretty much the same between both fixtures and their performance is identical as far as I can tell. These lights are very plant friendly and can sit right on top of the canopy. I keep them 4 to 6 inches away from the tip top. I like them a lot. I have five altogether.

Measured with a kilowatt meter both fixtures pull almost exactly 700 Watts at the plug at a hundred and twenty volt. I run them off a 240-volt box. I currently count on about 30 to 32 in of penetration into the canopy effectively.

MIGreenman

Six weeks today. My favorite is (#3) the largest out of the four. I have been feeding hard and pushing her a bit. She is clearly the frostiest and smells very fruity.

picture.php

Cheers!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for your feedback Kijell, much appreciated :)

Glad you are enjoying both so much and that they produce different effects.
Wish the genetics stay in your garden for a long time!

I have to say both strains are really good. They are different enough that I grow them together :)

Panalawi is more uplifting and a bit crazier, quite strong head effects now. After 3 months cure it is one of the strongest I had so far.
Seems to be more on the Malawi Side. Also the bud when smoked seems to be higher quality than Haze.

But it doesnt have that healing / medicinal benefits of N.Haze x Panama. It soothes me more and gives me relaxed good feeling.
It is more introspective but in a good way. It changes my mood more drastic and lets me disconnect from a bad day for example.
Panalawi is more of a mood booster, N.Haze x Panama is more a mood changer! :)

Panalawi is more fun to grow with better structure and better yield.
Nevilles Haze x Panama has small stems and need support early.

But as I said I think both are top strains and I will grow them together again! :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mamma mia MIGreenman :tiphat:

Those voluptuous colas look extremely promising, well done! :yes:
Yep, i think 4-5 weeks left to finish, we will see how they evolve.
Thanks for sharing!

A little more eye candy. My monster #3, with about four weeks (?) to go.

View Image

MIGreenman

My Panama number three is at 10 weeks tomorrow and is ripening nicely. CO2 got cut off about 4 days ago and the trichs are almost all cloudy with no amber. Now getting 11.5 hours of light per day. The previously damaged leaves will not come back of course but since cutting my nutrients back and further taprring off here towards the end, they seem to be perfectly healthy.

This pheno looks to be very productive but is very very soft and spongy. Not firming up like some of the others. Very perfumy plant. Can't wait.

picture.php