What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Bangi Haze

orangina

Veteran
Woody, spicy notes with a touch of lemon. I will give her more time before I try her.

Attachments

• PBH1 (2).JPG
    PBH1 (2).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 151

El Quijote

As the 3 or 4 months of curing pass, it is when the flavor and smoke become more refined and much more incensed, this type of sativa when it has been cured for 6 months must be twice as delicious, I recommend letting it cure the herb by least 4 or 5 months, my panama x bangi haze and bangi haze is now when it approaches 4 months of curing when it is becoming more delicious and the smells and flavors are much more accentuated, I strongly recommend letting it cure for 4 or 5 months and Do not smoke it before, even if it is difficult to wait so long, it is well worth the wait.

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah, with such fat colas usually botrytis is unavoidable.
The central cola in the last pic is probably gone, I suggest you remove it with care and later inspect all other colas if maybe there's more.
By how they look, maybe it would be smart to harvest or at least do daily checks and lower humidity if you can.
It happened with my first Pangi, she got moldy on two colas but even so all the others were fine and the herb was amazing. Prefered the second pheno, a bit more on BangiHaze side.
Good luck for the last stage of flowering ;)

Cheers

rcco

Veteran
Hi Koondense,

I can’t lower the humidity, I have no device to do it. It is 45% with 28°C the day but it increases a bit at night.
I already removed the sick bud, as you can see on the 3rd pic. I only have one Pangi, the other plant on the back is a Chimera’s citra paradiso, and it is an amazing pheno, she is as big as the pangi. I was almost sure to get some botrytis on the citra first, because the buds are very dense, much denser than pangi, but the bot came on pangi, i’m very surprised.

I check the other buds every day, and I won’t take no more risk, I will harvest soon.

peace

El Quijote

Hi Koondense,

I can’t lower the humidity, I have no device to do it. It is 45% with 28°C the day but it increases a bit at night.
I already removed the sick bud, as you can see on the 3rd pic. I only have one Pangi, the other plant on the back is a Chimera’s citra paradiso, and it is an amazing pheno, she is as big as the pangi. I was almost sure to get some botrytis on the citra first, because the buds are very dense, much denser than pangi, but the bot came on pangi, i’m very surprised.

I check the other buds every day, and I won’t take no more risk, I will harvest soon.

peace

Your flowers look great, beautiful, it seems that harvest time is coming, I never grow indoors, but I am very close to the sea, I always have a breeze, with a minimum humidity with sun from 40% to 50% and at night I reached 80% to 100% humidity and no problems with sprouts or mold, also the last 2 days before the harvest it rained a lot and I had no problems with sprouts. I suppose that indoors if you have brotitis problems you will need more ventilation and more air extraction, or add some reinforcement fan in flowering, greetings

rcco

Veteran
Hi!

harvested 161g of dried buds! So very good yielding plant, I could grow 4 plants in 1 m2 in 14L and harvest 640-650g, only with 3 weeks of veg and 11 weeks of bloom, not bad. And buds quality seems to be very good.
She is going for a long curing, 3 months at least. And it starts with 2 weeks in paper bags.

Greetz
EEBCC845-2E36-4AF5-AAD7-CE0A8205F683.jpeg
DDCAB719-5AE5-4F2A-B171-99B845762E19.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest rcco :tiphat: Really high yield and beautiful buds. It's difficult to avoid botrytis with such big and fat colas. Moisture levels seemed to be ok for late flowering, maybe air renovation and air flow can be improved to avoid the problem again (keep the environment as much clean as possible as well). It's important to check often the health of inside parts of the colas once the colas get so fat in its last third part of flowering,. If the cola is suffering inside, the resin and terpene production won't reach its full potential outside.

Please, let us know your opinion of the finished product after curing and once you are more familiarized with it!

OntologicalTurn

IMG_20220602_174858428.jpg
IMG_20220602_174929318.jpg

Panamás x bangis hazes semana 9 de floración, exterior 1900 msnm, en los subtropicos, cultivo organico, bancal profundo, aplicando cosas de agricultura natural koreana y "companion planting" con tomates. Hasta las ramas bajas parecen tener mas de una onza en fresco, y siguen engordando
IMG_20220602_174936205.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola OntologicalTurn , yo la veo ya muy avanzada, cuestión de días- un par de semanas como máximo. Si que es una variedad que en las condiciones adecuadas le gusta reflorar, producir nuevos pistilos y seguir engordando. Estate vigilante con el moho y cosecha si ves cualquier signo de botrytis.

Caranx

@dubi Hello Dubi. I planted 2 plants 12/12 from seed ahead of my main grow and i lost their labels.
One of them is a Panama x Bangi haze and the other one is a unknown freebie from DNA genetics so likely to be some kind of kush. They are about 1 week into flower.

Any guesses on which one is the panama? The plant on the first pic is the one that took the longest to start flowering

Attachments

• 286162392_732317381316377_839514547236722234_n - Copy.jpg
    286162392_732317381316377_839514547236722234_n - Copy.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 286371618_3352308838376517_7563229493728769360_n.jpg
    286371618_3352308838376517_7563229493728769360_n.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 97

Cactus Squatter

So I’ve come to the realization that I’ve made 2 huge mistakes with the Panama x Bangi haze plant and clones I grew last year. Ok, 3 mistakes. Probably more but I don’t wanna think about it too much. 😂

1. I didn’t keep a mother.
2. I didn’t immediately turn around and do another, larger run of her.
3. Most importantly, I smoked most of it by the 2-4 month cure time frame because it was such a nice morning smoke. I should have left all of it alone for 6 months at least.

I just got into a jar, my last one 😖, that’s been curing since 11/23/21. Omg it’s a totally different animal. Still an amazing morning smoke, but super tasty, way more incense smell/taste and the high is much more well rounded, uplifting and definitely stronger in the way my body and head feel it. It’s taking way less to get me perfect than previous jars I tapped. Super stoked to get into the cobs of it later this summer.

-The body is very warm, kinda liquid/fluid feeling and relaxing. Kinda like laying on a floating pool mat in perfect sunshine. Reminds me a lot of how Panama makes me feel in the body, but with more “sway” to it.
-The head is kinda fuzzy and slightly more cloudy than before, but not in a sleepy way. It’s very alert, creative and I feel really social but in a super chill way. It has the chill feel that my Panama has, but an added spark of alertness and interest in things. Relaxation without a lazy attitude I guess.

Of everything I’ve ever grown/smoked, this is also the strongest incense smell and taste I’ve ever had. Every hit the taste coats your mouth. You can smell it on exhale, which after all these years I very rarely smell it when actually smoking. This I can smell and taste with every hit. It’s not the Catholic Church type incense like one of my PDC plants has, but similar. Brighter notes I can’t place, but not a heavy incense.

I’m really hoping the rest of the Panama x Bangi seeds I have are similar in outcome. I truly feel that last plant was a solid keeper that I just wasn’t patient enough to realize.