What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama Red

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Planted 2-8 came up 2-9 20 days old today
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
looking good Jan!….did you say the seeds were from 1982?….

wishing you a successful run this cycle and a happy harvest!..

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Ok They were getting cramped so I fired up another light. They were 5 weeks old yesterday. I have seen no signs of sex yet. They are under the sonlipo 4000 in first pic the Phlizon 1000 are in the corner area near the bed.
IMG_3472.jpeg
IMG_3474.jpeg

looking good Jan!….did you say the seeds were from 1982?….

wishing you a successful run this cycle and a happy harvest!..
No I first smoked this strain in 1983. We were given a 1/2 pound as a wedding present. From my hubby’s best friend. I got these seeds from JustCannabisSeed. Some moron in on X was complaining these seeds weren't germinating. I must have been stoned because I germinated every seed I had. There were 17 and wouldn't you know it every last one popped. I was not planning on growing all these. Al least its good smoke.
IMG_3472.jpeg
IMG_3474.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
they sure look healthy..

I like the plants that show sex by the 5th through 10th nodes…😍

but yeah , some strains are sure stubborn when it comes to sexing…

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Look how nice the structure of this plant is they all look very similar. Grayson was sticking his tongue out at me. Catch me if you can! I can and did and he was evicted from the weed room. He loves my lower fan leaves.

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpeg
    IMG_3527.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3529.jpeg
    IMG_3529.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
In 82’ where was this Panama Red procured from? I’d assume it was import and not locally grown but was it in a brick?Where and how did you guys store the seeds? Please share your memories of smoking this strain.
I don't know. It was a wedding gift. I am sure he wouldn't have told us even if we did ask. We did not. We said ty then smoked ourselves into oblivion. It lasted us 2 weeks

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
In 82’ where was this Panama Red procured from? I’d assume it was import and not locally grown but was it in a brick?Where and how did you guys store the seeds? Please share your memories of smoking this strain.
My memory is fuzzy as It was so long ago. I remember there being red hairs. I also know it did not come in a brick. It was buds not like today but buds. There was a lot of seeds. I wish I would have tried to grow some. I do not remember the smell or the taste. Back then we had a bong called the towering inferno. It was 4 ft tall. One hit from that weed on that bong you would cough for like 2 or 3 minutes and be toasted for hours. Hubby was pissed when he broke it.😂

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Funny looking panama
Yes well in the 80s you got what you got. Maybe I got it wrong a very long time ago over 40 years. These seeds are def Panama Red so We will see. I have never seen a live plant of PR. I know they are getting big and I am waiting on pearlite to up pot the rest.

Katrak

I thought Panama would be a thin leafed sativa?
hell yeah ive grown out seed fr om the 80s 90s and by the 2nd 3rd node them rayzor blade thin leaves sre showing cuz them plants look afghan/paki..only my opinion. and a opinion is like an arsehole ...everyones got one.