What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama Haze

Mr.Revolution

Sounds like a haze dominant pheno. 10/14 did nothing to flower my OTH clones for 4 months and they went into flower finally when the mothers outside did. Some wild sativa/nld need to reach sexual maturity before they will flower, which can take a few months.
You can take a cut from them if they are mature enough and flower the cuts. Keep them in small pots (I like 1 gallon) until stretch is over, then plant up to help with flower.
Best of luck
SL
My sentiments exactly regarding the wild saliva types

RED 1

Defoliating my mistakes away

Attachments

• IMG_20200914_184347.jpg
    IMG_20200914_184347.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 40

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mattman420,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your indoor Panama Haze.
If you are flowering clones under 11/13 photoperiod and they still show a delayed flowering then it's most probably due to being a very tropical Oldtimer's Haze phenotype.

Try to cut down the feeding (especially nitrogen), prune the tops that are exceeding the height if necessary and place the plant in a location where it receives as much light intensity as possible.

Having clones outdoors of the same plant will help you to understand better how react the genetics throughout the flowering, if they are planted directly in soil and you have a climate with a warm autumn Panama Haze thrives like a beast almost without cares. It is more difficult to tame indoors.

No, these are cuts. I started the mothers at 18/6 maybe 4 or 5 months ago. The mothers are outside and they actually look like they're about to start flowering. I also have a clone of each currently in veg.

I've grown THH and I never had a problem. She used to flower @12/12 no problem. This one is a fucking monster. Lol.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi RED1,

A bit sad to see your Panama Haze not doing so well :( She was so healthy in mid August.

I always recommend to outdoor growers growing tropical sativas in small/moderate sized pots to start the tropical sativas late on the season, or keep them during veg in small pots and then only transplant to bigger final pot when the flowering stretching is over. In that way you can control better their size, and they will have plenty of nutrients and new space for the roots to face a bountiful and healthy flowering process after the final transplant. These tips also work to grow tropical sativas indoors.

Many make the mistake of providing their sativas too much soil in veg stage, but later they cannot repot them to bigger pots and the flowering progress at hardly their mid potential or lesser, plants get rootbound, showing deficiencies and blockouts, and yellowing starts to happen, plants become very sensible against plagues too. Planted directly in the ground is a complete different history, they grow and grow and flower completely healthy without much ferts. So if you have the chance try to transplant her now that she is still in early flowering.

I don't recommend defoliating outdoor sativas. Slight defoliating could be convenient indoors for hybrids from mid flowering onwards in case there's no good light penetration on the lower half of the plant, because the light source is static and always comes from the same angle, or even outdoors for Afghani indicas with very compact growth and huge fat leaves (Deep Chunk or ErdPurt style) which are more prone to botrytis when the moisture condensates between leaves and the forming buds in rainy/humid climates. But there's no benefit on defoliating thin leaved sativas outdoors, plants need the leaves to make the photosynthesis so decrease their source of energy is detrimental.

RED 1

Hi RED1,

A bit sad to see your Panama Haze not doing so well :( She was so healthy in mid August.

I always recommend to outdoor growers growing tropical sativas in small/moderate sized pots to start the tropical sativas late on the season, or keep them during veg in small pots and then only transplant to bigger final pot when the flowering stretching is over. In that way you can control better their size, and they will have plenty of nutrients and new space for the roots to face a bountiful and healthy flowering process after the final transplant. These tips also work to grow tropical sativas indoors.

Many make the mistake of providing their sativas too much soil in veg stage, but later they cannot repot them to bigger pots and the flowering progress at hardly their mid potential or lesser, plants get rootbound, showing deficiencies and blockouts, and yellowing starts to happen, plants become very sensible against plagues too. Planted directly in the ground is a complete different history, they grow and grow and flower completely healthy without much ferts. So if you have the chance try to transplant her now that she is still in early flowering.

I don't recommend defoliating outdoor sativas. Slight defoliating could be convenient indoors for hybrids from mid flowering onwards in case there's no good light penetration on the lower half of the plant, because the light source is static and always comes from the same angle, or even outdoors for Afghani indicas with very compact growth and huge fat leaves (Deep Chunk or ErdPurt style) which are more prone to botrytis when the moisture condensates between leaves and the forming buds in rainy/humid climates. But there's no benefit on defoliating thin leaved sativas outdoors, plants need the leaves to make the photosynthesis so decrease their source of energy is detrimental.
Dubi,I love growing your strains, and,support,as much as a newbie can, their smoking qualities
That's why in August,when the first spider mite attack came, took the illegal risk and have the ones that matter in soil
Last time I have plants in my balcony area.Yes a good job can be done with pots, still learning, but,it's my living area and people come and go,so do mites, and,space too confined,growing the way I do
Girls in balcony have been defoliated mostly because of bugs,the ones in soil barely have been touched
I'm looking to either re pot PH,or,maybe find some space for her in soil
Normally this time of year,I'm with my kids
I'm still a having a great time with the grow,very happy the way girls are doing in soil
If weather permits,want to finish GT Thai in soil, then I'm taking a small break to see my family, lockdown or not
Then I'll come back and plant a seed again
Thank you for everything

RED 1

Dubi,I love growing your strains, and,support,as much as a newbie can, their smoking qualities
That's why in August,when the first spider mite attack came, took the illegal risk and have the ones that matter in soil
Last time I have plants in my balcony area.Yes a good job can be done with pots, still learning, but,it's my living area and people come and go,so do mites, and,space too confined,growing the way I do
Girls in balcony have been defoliated mostly because of bugs,the ones in soil barely have been touched
I'm looking to either re pot PH,or,maybe find some space for her in soil
Normally this time of year,I'm with my kids
I'm still a having a great time with the grow,very happy the way girls are doing in soil
If weather permits,want to finish GT Thai in soil, then I'm taking a small break and to see my family, lockdown or not
Then I'll come back and plant a seed again
Thank you for everything
Give me a few grows more
Will probably re pot, and,place her to the left of KA5H
She'll be getting same sunlight, hope she responds good to the re pot
picture.php

picture.php

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Panama Haze growing in the greenhouse

It's doing fantastic considering it had a pretty heavy period of neglect recently and I dusted it with some Malawi Gold pollen along with the rest of the greenhouse.

The last picture is Panama Haze in the middle with two Thai Chi X Panamas on the sides in a little terracotta planter. They are recovering from being pinched yesterday.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi RED1,

My comment was just a constructive recommendation. I never meant to hurt you :comfort: Apologies. All your other plants are looking great, GT Thai dominant, Zamaldelica, Killer A5 Haze .... you are doing a fantastic job, your passion for your plants is really contagious and your frequent updates much appreciated. You really deserve a great harvest and to have quality time with your family. Take care friend. :ying:

RED 1

Hi RED1,

My comment was just a constructive recommendation. I never meant to hurt you :comfort: Apologies. All your other plants are looking great, GT Thai dominant, Zamaldelica, Killer A5 Haze .... you are doing a fantastic job, your passion for your plants is really contagious and your frequent updates much appreciated. You really deserve a great harvest and to have quality time with your family. Take care friend. :ying:

If my text comes across like that,I apologise Dubi
I'm very bad when putting my thoughts in writing
I quietly, take in all you say.I digest it, and,use it without any second thoughts.If I fail a strain,will come back and it good at a later stage, another grow
I take time off from everything, when I grow
Mentioned my kids, only,maybe, to emphasise that 2020 is turning out a year,where nothing can be planned proper
I once again, please believe me,never did I intend to sound angry
Thank you my friend once again, for allowing me to grow these beautiful strains of yours
Found a nice spot for her
:)

RED 1

If my text comes across like that,I apologise Dubi
I'm very bad when putting my thoughts in writing
I quietly, take in all you say.I digest it, and,use it without any second thoughts.If I fail a strain,will come back and it good at a later stage, another grow
I take time off from everything, when I grow
Mentioned my kids, only,maybe, to emphasise that 2020 is turning out a year,where nothing can be planned proper
I once again, please believe me,never did I intend to sound angry
Thank you my friend once again, for allowing me to grow these beautiful strains of yours
Found a nice spot for her
:)

Next to some wild berries
picture.php

Mountainkush

Very excited to try this one to compare with the haze hybrids like Nevils haze x Panama which I love. Pretty easy to grow so far. Gonna need to tie her down a couple times I’m thinking but I didn’t go over board this time with new starts so should have room for her.
Had some weird growth on one leaf but nothing like it since.
picture.php

First day in flower tent
picture.php