What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama A5 Haze feminized limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest @MAHA KALA thanks for being the first grower here in the forums to give a try to this new 2023 release and get back to us :yes: the flowers you have posted look very A5 Haze dominant for look and structure, would love to know your insights on the differences you have found between the different females, and how the longer flowering pheno differs from them.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thank you @dubi.

I chose it as I needed plants where I can control height, which is not possible with pure sativa plants... I broke it and when it was going up and I tied it down to the pot... so they didnt have more than 80 cm, plus pot, of course. so they were not visible...

I was going to take pics of long flowering one, but unfortunately I had no time.. but sure I will report it, it is curing now... like I said they are very uniform. minimal differences...

I found some subtle nuances from panama in them, during flowering, some citric smell and some like vanilla.. but not overpowering, just tones. those livery incense smells were dominant, thats sure. it was very loud during flowering, strong terps...

JAHNODUB

Greetings my good Haze lovers,
I sadly mess by accident the labeling between PanamaxA5 and Panama Haze.
May be one of you fellow experts can identify the two strains?

IMG_20240221_135724.jpg
IMG_20240221_135809.jpg

may be a Panama A5??

IMG_20240221_135819.jpg
IMG_20240221_135646.jpg

may be Panama Haze?

Thanks you all for your help!
Much respect @Yo Sammy and @dubi for the Hi End Quality work!
Blessings to all

Attachments

• IMG_20240221_135600.jpg
    IMG_20240221_135600.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 84

Cannabrainer

Greetings my good Haze lovers,
I sadly mess by accident the labeling between PanamaxA5 and Panama Haze.
May be one of you fellow experts can identify the two strains?

View attachment 18962620 View attachment 18962621
may be a Panama A5??

View attachment 18962623 View attachment 18962624
may be Panama Haze?

Thanks you all for your help!
Much respect @Yo Sammy and @dubi for the Hi End Quality work!
Blessings to all
I would say the heaviest looking one would be the Panama A5 (the second one) and the Panama Haze (Panama x Oldtimer Haze) is the first one given that it looks more airy and less dense. Mislabled?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for giving a try to Panama A5 Haze @JAHNODUB :D this new sativa release deserves more attention! So, did you germinate one of each from original packs or purchased directly from us ?

I agree with @Cannabrainer plant 1 looks more Panama Haze (Oldtimer's Haze x Panama), second one more Panama A5 Haze. Please post pics under natural light next time if possible and describe the terpenes of each female. Both hybrids differ in terpenes, especially in finished product: Panama Haze has the pure sativa vibe, while Panama A5 Haze is a NL/Haze hybrid.

How have your females been progressing through these months of curing @MAHA KALA ?

JAHNODUB

From pistils
#1 Pan A5H -More nl/a5h dom
#2 Pan Haze -with the characteristic Panama pistils.
Hi Consolidated,
From my experience with A5 hybrids (thai a5 and killer a5) and the way flowers looks and smells, i'm thinking the same of you.
@Cannabrainer thank you for your help i was really thinking like you at first... but doubt took place... Yeah mislabeled at early stage by my bad...

@dubi:
The #1 smells a complex sweet mix of terpens and looks a lot like the thai a5 i tried early 2023
While #2 smells really citrusy...
Really sorry for the shitty quality pix i will try to make it better with natural light next time.
#1 make some nice flowers of medium+ size, pistils/calyx grows more in compact grapes
#2 make some very big flowers with a very imposant main colas. Calyx grows with less density..
I switched light to 11/13 last week, they are at 11weeks switch 12/12 (10weeks 12/12 and 1 week 11/13 )
Ec around 1.2 with little N
As i told in anither thread i'm on my way to my sweet jamaica for recording musical stuff so a good friend is taking care of the ladies for mi.
Will try to update when i'll be back home!
Thank you all for your help and your answers!
I love this community
Much respect and love to all

Jahno

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
How have your females been progressing through these months of curing @MAHA KALA ?
it is all smoked now except one jar hahahahahahaha. I sieved some resin from it quite often. it tastes like sweet leather mainly...

that longer flowering one was weird, more like chemical/fruity than leathery incense.

overall it was great and uniform.

but no pheno was so devastating, like A5 x Panama I grew before. it is about luck with pheno I guess, like always hehehe.

A5 x Panama

full

JAHNODUB

Enjoy in Jamaica @JAHNODUB lucky you :D !
Yeah man for sure Jamaïca sooooo nice, little hidden pearl of the carribean island! :D

Thanks a lot for giving a try to Panama A5 Haze @JAHNODUB :D this new sativa release deserves more attention! So, did you germinate one of each from original packs or purchased directly from us ?

I agree with @Cannabrainer plant 1 looks more Panama Haze (Oldtimer's Haze x Panama), second one more Panama A5 Haze. Please post pics under natural light next time if possible and describe the terpenes of each female. Both hybrids differ in terpenes, especially in finished product: Panama Haze has the pure sativa vibe, while Panama A5 Haze is a NL/Haze hybrid.

those germinated from original packs. 100% sucess rate as usual with ACE seeds, very rare to see one not popping!

some new pics with better quality!

IMG_20240303_175544.jpg
IMG_20240303_175538.jpg

IMG_20240303_175509.jpg

IMG_20240303_175205.jpg

IMG_20240303_175039.jpg

IMG_20240303_175054.jpg

IMG_20240303_175130.jpg
#1 smell subbtle a very mild & light mix lime, sweet leathery.
#2 has a very nice sweet and pleasant citrus smell, big buds
Give thanks to all respect

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Both are heavily influenced by Panama Goddess in terms of flower structure, @JAHNODUB. The second one ripens with those brownish buds more typical of A5 Haze. Anyway, you will know for sure during smoking tests. While both are psychedelic and can smell very citrusy in flowering, Panama Haze is more cerebral, uplifting, brighter, improving mood, while Panama A5 Haze are almost all very heavy, leathery with the curing, and their effects are more destructive, narcotic, and intoxicating.

JAHNODUB

Both are heavily influenced by Panama Goddess in terms of flower structure, @JAHNODUB. The second one ripens with those brownish buds more typical of A5 Haze. Anyway, you will know for sure during smoking tests. While both are psychedelic and can smell very citrusy in flowering, Panama Haze is more cerebral, uplifting, brighter, improving mood, while Panama A5 Haze are almost all very heavy, leathery with the curing, and their effects are more destructive, narcotic, and intoxicating.
Yes give tanx for your help @dubi can't wait to make test smoke of some little cut done recently.
How many times before harvest? :) Stopped feeding 1 week ago Water EC 0.03. I still didn't make the final flush and there's still plenty of food in the living soil and lots lots of red worms! they are in 11/13 for a little more than 3 weeks now and in total flowering for 13weeks, they look in very good shape and very healthy to me! love your breeds!
Max respect

JAHNODUB

Greetings to all,

Some update with my Panama x A5.
I'm almost shure to have identified the Panama A5 and the Panama Haze. Like @dubi said smoking test gave a very strict verdict and @dubi & @Cannabrainer you were right and i was wrong ahah!!
Test smoke result:
#1= Panama Haze, taste this real delicous tasty old skool haze spicy misty with sweet lemon touch. High is strong and clear with very a very very high almost no ceiling! Awesome for some test pick!
#2= Panama A5, taste very lemony sativa haze, High is strong & heady too but once u hit the ceiling it become darker and more narcotic and introspective.

Some Pics:

pro-rLuiHXvV.jpeg
pro-8zAQMxwR.jpeg
pro-iQcJWEd1.jpeg

Givetanx to all for the help and max tanx and respect to @Yo Sammy and @dubi for this beautifull joint work!
Hearticaly
Jahno

Cannabrainer

Greetings to all,

Some update with my Panama x A5.
I'm almost shure to have identified the Panama A5 and the Panama Haze. Like @dubi said smoking test gave a very strict verdict and @dubi & @Cannabrainer you were right and i was wrong ahah!!
Test smoke result:
#1= Panama Haze, taste this real delicous tasty old skool haze spicy misty with sweet lemon touch. High is strong and clear with very a very very high almost no ceiling! Awesome for some test pick!
#2= Panama A5, taste very lemony sativa haze, High is strong & heady too but once u hit the ceiling it become darker and more narcotic and introspective.

Some Pics:

View attachment 18973765 View attachment 18973770 View attachment 18973766

Givetanx to all for the help and max tanx and respect to @Yo Sammy and @dubi for this beautifull joint work!
Hearticaly
Jahno
You have some real beauties there. I am happy you were able to achieve those results :D And I am now more pumped than ever to germ my Panama Haze, Super Panama Haze, and Panama A5 seeds! Jahbless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
the proof is indeed in the finished product, glad you managed to finally differenciate Panama Haze vs Panama A5 Haze. Massive buds :smoke: @JAHNODUB you can be proud of the outcome, i'm sure harvest is going to blow minds there after 2-3 months of curing, enjoy!

Thanks a lot for your support @Cannabrainer 🥰 please, keep us updated.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
but no pheno was so devastating, like A5 x Panama I grew before. it is about luck with pheno I guess, like always hehehe.
I take those words back... long flowering pheno is just as strong! it is little lemony on exhale, but it is whole about incense... myrcene in high amount imo... very sweet leather taste.

I smoked fat joint of it and headed into town, and bought some rolling papers there BTW. and when I got home, I didn't have any papers... I am glad I didn't lose keys... this weed really reminds me silver haze we smoked late 90s.. I lost a lot of keys in that time hahahahahha. it is that stuff, like you are looking for lighter everywhere, while you hold in your hand hhahahahaha.