What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistani Chitral phenotypes

Treevly

The commoner one is purpleish, the less common is green. Does anyone here know how common the green on is? If you planted 100 seeds, how many on average are likely to be green?
Thank you.

Plantguy

I have the Chitrali RSC indoors. Vegged it 5 weeks outside then brought in. 3 males and 7 females. Open pollination. No signs of purple on any of them. I was thinking it would be lots of coloration but a month into flower there's nothing but green color. Maybe PCK was selected for color long enough that it's the dominant in that line?

troutman

Seed Whore
Mixed phenotypes show easier in the F2 generation. So make seeds and find out for yourself. ;)

I grew a bunch of Triple Pakistan F2 last year that I made in 2018. Half of the the plants show purple and
the other half show green when grown outdoors. These are both buds mixed together for comparison.

Triple Pakistan F2

picture.php

Triple Pakistan F2 Closeup

picture.php

Treevly

Thanks for those replies.

Do we agree that the green has more zang?

As regards appearance, I really like the blue pheno.

ngakpa

Veteran
what's with calling plants/strains from Chitral, Pakistani Chitral etc.?

Chitral is in Pakistan, it's not going anywhere

are we going to start calling Oregon "American Oregon"?

Plantguy

That's just ignorant as fuck, isn't it. Fucking peasants. Such a newbie thing to do:headbange

PCK is a line developed and sold by ACE. This should be what the person is referring to. So given we already know/should have known that, who's the ignorant one here? You're a senior member and allowed to denigrate someone and curse? Really, I thought this was a respectable forum. Am I wrong?

Treevly

""The Pakistan Chitral line we offer you here at ACE Seeds is an excellent pure kush bred since the mid-90’s by Cannabiogen.""

:party:

GoatCheese

Veteran
PCK is a line developed and sold by ACE. This should be what the person is referring to. So given we already know/should have known that, who's the ignorant one here? You're a senior member and allowed to denigrate someone and curse? Really, I thought this was a respectable forum. Am I wrong?
I was being sarcastic towards ngakpa cause he's a bit snoby sometimes.
..i thought my overly foul language and the moshing emoji would make this obvious. Guess not.:wave:

mexweed

Veteran
chitral/lemon chitral was around before ace it's what greenhouse used for their lemon skunk, soma had that strain chitrala, female seeds lemon kush, nirvana had it back when they had regs for $10 a pack

the lemon pheno is the winner

Cactus Wes

Nice. Is that from ACE? how's the potency? What kind of aroma did she have?

Yes, from Ace Seeds; I swore I would never pay for seeds, and then I saw Pakistan Chitral Kush..Then I checked out the rest of the Ace Seeds Catalogue.. How could I resist.?

I found it had a fermented cork smell and taste.
The taste was pond scum aquarium.
It was as if I was tasting the soggy roots of the plant. I can't wait to grow it again.
I found that there was a point in late flower where it stopped drinking the volume of water I was giving it and the pot was staying wetter longer till harvest. This is a trait I'm seeing with indica's in my setup.
I wonder If that had something to do with it.
I also smoked the plant as soon as it was dry and I'm finding that chitral requires a cure, a month maybe more.
Beautiful hard purple nuggets, I love it.
What are people tasting when they smoke chitral?

Hempy McNoodle

Greetings All, I am growing out a 3pak of feminized PCK I switched to 12/12 on march 1st. I am just coming up on week 8 from the switch. How long do you all usually end up running them? And do you count weeks of flowering by starting at the flowering cycle light flip? Or, do you start counting when you see the first flowers. Ace's website says 9 weeks if I recall correctly, so should I probably expect 10.5 weeks? Right now almost all pistils have turned red and trichs are mostly milky and some clear. I'm guessing around two more weeks. It would be great to hear read what some of you have experienced as far as flowering duration. By the way, my three pack has one purple, one pink, and one green pheno! So, I don't know if Ace packs them that way on purpose or if I just lucked out..