What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Yarkhun @ Mriko

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Can't say about the Pakik, but from the few runs I've done with Yarkhun indoor I think that Yarkhun genetics are quite particular, very sensitive and very responsive to environmental conditions and the ideal ones will always be the outdoor ones, from start to finish. If Yarkhun genes where dominant in these large plants then maybe it made them less suitable to that kind of grow tech.

Irie!

Thanks for clearing that up bro, i also think that an outdoor grow start would have been better for the adaptation with Maha Kala 50N.

Landraces is fragile with exotics latitudes and conditions no doubt! :)

conlarazon

Veteran
Hola amigos

I am using only coconut and humus as a substrate, in the vegetative period i add N.

Germination in another place for 2 months, while the flowering of the tend finishes.

In the final transplant they remain with the new substrate with humus for 2 weeks, ( I do not use fertilizers in these 2 weeks ) then pass them to flowering. The new fertilizers that I am using may be the cause: Advanced Nutrients ??

Chao compadre Roms, a hug ...

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hola 'Zon, ok i think it's more about the small stature of the plant that need more vegetative or less N. ;) Hasta la resina amigo!

Here some Yarkhun pure in guerilla, pictures and grow by Purple Clouds thank you bro!

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=64946

++

conlarazon

Veteran
Hello Roms, here 46 days ... and it was spent on nutrients, even so it goes with good smells and resin ... I think there's an S1, that's good ¡¡

picture.php

picture.php

Salud por allá Roms...

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Salut 'Zon, thank you for the update at 46d!

Clearly a X18 pheno for this Pakik specimen, compact plant compact hard buds, bubble gum sweet smell or sour-sweet thing?

I would say 3 more weeks to finish it and it will be purple it seems... ;) Salud amigo

conlarazon

Veteran
Hola Roms ...

Here, sleeping in the middle of the night ...

picture.php

picture.php

The smell is still not as strong as the first Pakik, and in the fingers is something sweet bottom ... 70 days, for cutting

Salud por allá Roms ...always grateful for your trust ¡¡

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Bananas again, a majority it seems...
A kind of recessive problem that will be clean up over time and with more reproductions i think.

Now the plant start to be ready or maybe one week more? Muchas gracias 'Zon

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Vibes Purple Clouds and your Zenhousegardens,

Thanks again for your backcross and the peace that will be back to Mriko! :)

Yarkhun x Yarkhun*Laspur gold.

picture.php

Also another project to work and explore is the seeds from another Ouest valley in Yarkhun, cross project with the East valley already preserved. Mriko please more info are welcome! See you :smoke:

;)
YOV, Yarkhun Ouest valley : Patrangas village, Hindu Kush range.

YEV, East valley : Miragram 2 village, Hindu RAJ range.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings & Love everyone!

Many many thanks to all of you who are willing to take the time to grow and "explore" those genetics and share your experience about. Those have been shared with many breeders on both sides of the pond, without a single one giving feedback, ever, so this is much appreciated!

Also another project to work and explore is the seeds from another Ouest valley in Yarkhun, cross project with the East valley already preserved. Mriko please more info are welcome! See you

Hmmnope nope, this is all same valley, Yarkhun (except Laspur of course). The seeds I have grown outdoor, and subsequent crosses, where all from Pattrangas village, West side of the valley, Hindu Kush range. The original, pure Yarkhun seeds that I have shared around come from Miragram 2 village (there's another Miragram down stream near Chitral), East side of the valley, Hindu RAJ range.

Otherwise, I have recently started 5 seeds of Yarkhun X (Yarkhun x Laspur Gold), only to end up with 4 males... agh! Well, that makes one female, still beats none!

Unfortunately, due to a sudden increase in night temps corrected too slowly and a lack of phosphorus (should have restocked bloom ferts sooner obviously...), growth has been seriously impaired and me to end up with a rather small plant. Still, can't waitto see how it's gonna turn!

Irie! :wave:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Well she's grown a bit in the past few days.
Around 40cm tall, she's unfortunately quite small but look at this beautiful structure! Should fill up quite nicely I think. Very faint odour so far though, even when rubbing the stem.

Just shot this couple of photos

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Merci Mriko for the details about the Ouest kush and East raj difference, it's minimal but maybe a slight variation will see... I mean that perhaps the Ouest ones could be more "indica" with more terpenes declinaison because the East raj ones was not very fragrant that's right! Well luckily Purple Clouds had been able to find a cherry specimen from my raj F2s afterwards. It demonstrates all the possible recessive potential despite the less interesting parents! A resolution to fully understand for any landrace which may seem uninteresting or counterproductive at start!

So double your fun bro and thanks again for sharing your precious import with our community, high and high regards!

Have a good flo and nose with this nice branching one, maybe a terpene surprise in few weeks despite the soft starting.
smile.gif

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Yeah but that doesn't exclude the fact that a good selection must be made upstream anyway ^^

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings & Love everyone !

Merci Mriko for the details about the Ouest kush and East raj difference, it's minimal but maybe a slight variation will see... I mean that perhaps the Ouest ones could be more "indica" with more terpenes declinaison because the East raj ones was not very fragrant that's right! Well luckily Purple Clouds had been able to find a cherry specimen from my raj F2s afterwards. It demonstrates all the possible recessive potential despite the less interesting parents! A resolution to fully understand for any landrace which may seem uninteresting or counterproductive at start!

The year I made this cross I also had a Yarkhun female with grapefruit flavours.

About East/West differences, Miragram village is on the East side, Pattrangas on the West then. The best Chitrali hash is said to come from Pattrangas and Sor Laspur, not Miragram. The Miragram seeds were given by a grower, the sole, uprooted, living plant I saw there was quite short statured (2 feet max) and rather light green.
The Pattrangas seeds were hand-picked from live plants by myself, coming from a private garden, that of a policeman actually, LOL!

Pattrangas situation on West side of the valley makes that the plants will get more light and heat in the first half of the day than those on opposite side of the valley. Does it have an infuence on end product? Probably I guess.

Yarkhun/Laspur seeds definitely require some selection work, in order to obtain something worth working on INDOOR. Let's not forget than these plants grow and reproduce into some of the harshest environment there is for plants. 3000m elevation brings in lots of challenge for the plant, but I think that shifting from that type of environment to a growbox under some HPS bulb is even bigger challenge for them.

Otherwise KushKush is still going nicely, resin is showing up as well as some hints of glue and burnt rubber.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
The year I made this cross I also had a Yarkhun female with grapefruit flavours.

Ah nice find and chance with its start, an opportuneness well deserved!

About East/West differences, Miragram village is on the East side, Pattrangas on the West then. The best Chitrali hash is said to come from Pattrangas and Sor Laspur, not Miragram. (...)
Yeah the West logically closer to the Nuristan, where people was able to acclimatize cannabis to the higher max possible altitude! That's the true birth place of the "indica ancestor" i think, Kafiristanican vibes!

The Pattrangas seeds were hand-picked from live plants by myself, coming from a private garden, that of a policeman actually, LOL!
Funny guardian for the precious, and hand-picked by yourself hey you definitely have to perpetuate them before they fossilize in the fridge man. So you probably save the best for the last, sacré toi!
huggg.gif

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Otherwise KushKush is still going nicely, resin is showing up as well as some hints of glue and burnt rubber.

Irie!
wave.gif

Loviing the pure kush smell like that, i bet it will be a good body relax one enjoy the aroma medecine ruya! :biggrin:
And congratz beautiful shots, jolie poupée!

Latest posts

Latest posts