What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Chitral Kush

Just joined the forum today after lurking many years . I am very excited to say I have some ACE seeds on the way after years of drooling and hiding in the shadows . PCK regs , Malawi x PCK and Bubba x PCK .
Been hands on 30 plus years indoors and outdoors , finally coming out after my state legalized this summer ;) My new thing is making bubble hash from outdoor grows and pressing into rosin .
My area can be a bit tricky to find outdoor strains that perform consistently . Reading up on the PCK now . I will def be growing it outdoors next year .
Cant wait to get this project going Might have a few questions as things move along .

Thanks in Advance

arbac

I have always liked when they compare a broad-leaf indica with a very sharp-leaf sativa. PCK and Ukhrul.
IMG_20231218_123743_053.jpg

Dubi I want to cross a sativa line of Kadmandu (quite powerful), Ukhrul and PCK.
What do you recommend in this three-way cross, to have the most sativa effect possible in the shortest possible flowering period.

I only think of two options

Kadmandu/Ukhrul x PCK
oh
Ukhrul/PCK x Kathmandu.

with your experience about PCK and its hybrids that you think are closer to what I'm looking for.

IMG_20231218_123636_704.jpg

the probable female its stems smell fruity and a slight kush. The possible male smells fruity lemon and mild kush. The other packet of five seeds was luckier and the two that looked like mutants sprouted from the four wur. They are normalized although they are still very small.
IMG_20231218_123629_224.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just joined the forum today after lurking many years . I am very excited to say I have some ACE seeds on the way after years of drooling and hiding in the shadows . PCK regs , Malawi x PCK and Bubba x PCK .
Been hands on 30 plus years indoors and outdoors , finally coming out after my state legalized this summer ;) My new thing is making bubble hash from outdoor grows and pressing into rosin .
My area can be a bit tricky to find outdoor strains that perform consistently . Reading up on the PCK now . I will def be growing it outdoors next year .
Cant wait to get this project going Might have a few questions as things move along .

Thanks in Advance

Welcome to ICMag @Eastcoastcookies :) thanks of your interest in PCK and it's hybrids, it's one of the few hashplant indicas that performs great in cold-wet climates during flowering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have always liked when they compare a broad-leaf indica with a very sharp-leaf sativa. PCK and Ukhrul.
View attachment 18934690

Dubi I want to cross a sativa line of Kadmandu (quite powerful), Ukhrul and PCK.
What do you recommend in this three-way cross, to have the most sativa effect possible in the shortest possible flowering period.

I only think of two options

Kadmandu/Ukhrul x PCK
oh
Ukhrul/PCK x Kathmandu.

with your experience about PCK and its hybrids that you think are closer to what I'm looking for.

View attachment 18934691
the probable female its stems smell fruity and a slight kush. The possible male smells fruity lemon and mild kush. The other packet of five seeds was luckier and the two that looked like mutants sprouted from the four wur. They are normalized although they are still very small.
View attachment 18934781

Hi @arbac sorry to hear about the germination process. Our latest PCK regular batch is very fresh and seeds are big with perfect germination rates. Please, send me via pm or send us a email with your invoice of purchase and details of the germination process and we wil evaulate your case.

Regarding your 3 way is hard to to tell for me since i have no experience with the 2 sativa lines you mention, but if you want a hybrid of consistent quick-moderate flowering time use a high quality sativa hybrid mother of not ultra long flowering and pollinate her in the last step with a good PCK male of your choice. Purple PCK genes are more resistant to cold/moisture and slightly faster flowering than the green side of PCK family. After that, you can look for good recessive expressions and outliers in the F2 generation/s.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
PCK10 at D60.
Sampling the first nug as I'm writing this, no cure.
Astringent and sweet on nose at the same time, like a tiger balm and blackberry crossover.
Mouth coating fresh lemon smint taste with forest fruit aspects in there too.
There's also an orange peel lingering flavor as you go through.
The exhale is fresh and the aroma stays with you for a while. Definitely has broncodilating properties.
View attachment 18933312
The effect has a smooth onset, not overwhelming or boring as it develops, just wholesome.
Rings on your ear a bit, same way hazes tend to do: Like a record is playing on an nearby old radio.
Pretty darn calming, therapy for the soul. Wrapped in a flavorsome and complex package.

Keeps you wanting to go back and rip another capsule. Was a nice finding without doubt.
View attachment 18933313

Thanks dubi, and everyone that helped sharing these gems all these years!

Looks and sounds like a remarkable purple selection @The Zientist ;)
Hope she became a relevant part of your own breeding project and personal genetic library!
Do you keep other females of different expressions ?

acespicoli

Welcome to ICMag @Eastcoastcookies :) thanks of your interest in PCK and it's hybrids, it's one of the few hashplant indicas that performs great in cold-wet climates during flowering.
Im gonna have to grab a few packs of the PCK in the USA good to know stock is fresh,
I have some old stock but like to mix in new packs as they are available
Humidity resistant phenos :bow:
was wondering also btw, if Thee Hashplant S1s are a thing thats available ?
not finding :thinking:

Last edited:

The Zientist

Veteran
Looks and sounds like a remarkable purple selection @The Zientist ;)
Hope she became a relevant part of your own breeding project and personal genetic library!
Do you keep other females of different expressions ?
She's a well placed contender. We'll know better soon, as the harvest gets to be enjoyed.

From the initial population out of that one pack (N=12), I've been keeping #1, 8, 9, 10 and 11 waiting for another evaluation cycle.
I've only really culled a couple, as all others had value.
1, 10 and 11 seem to be ticking the most boxes.
When a decent NLD female is found (hopefully during the next Highland Lao sifting), there's a chance I'll be dusting all PCK females, if choices can't be made coupled with the purpose of having a broader initial generation.

Time will tell. 😊

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Im gonna have to grab a few packs of the PCK in the USA good to know stock is fresh,
I have some old stock but like to mix in new packs as they are available
Humidity resistant phenos :bow:
was wondering also btw, if Thee Hashplant S1s are a thing thats available ?
not finding :thinking:

Thanks for your interest on giving a try to pure PCK @acespicoli :yes: It's widely available through our USA partners such as Seedsman, North Atlantic Seed Co, etc ....

Unfortunately HashPlant S1 is already discontinued for 2 years, and most probably completely sold out through our retailers.

arbac

The two PCK from the first package of 5 seeds still do not sex, but every day I am more sure that it is a female and a male.

IMG_20231221_142354_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231221_142403_HDR.jpg

The second package, the seeds from the second germination are tiny but I am already sure that only 2 of the 4 that germinated are normal. then I will only have four normal plants to reproduce. I will let the two mutants grow but they will not reproduce.
IMG_20231221_142257_HDR.jpg

View attachment 18936370

Attachments

• IMG_20231221_142453_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231221_142453_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20231221_142241_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231221_142241_HDR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 79

arbac

I eliminated the two mutants, you should not reproduce mutants so I killed them, I was thinking of reproducing Pakistan with the four specimens with the two that came out in the first packet and the two normal specimens from the second packet of seeds.
It was going to be a fairly poor reproduction of only 4 copies. When transplanting the seedlings after germination, transplant them into a professional CANNA soil substrate. very bad choice of substrate, it came with mildew, it produced "Damping off" it killed quite a few seedlings that had recently germinated, including a PCK. That is to say, I screw up my reproduction. water with water with a little hydrogen peroxide and sprinkle with a little copper oxychloride if you save the rest. (do not use the CANNA substrate for transplanting seedlings or seedlings, because it comes with mildew)
IMG_20231226_150033.jpg

I'll have to wait to have money to buy some more seed packets. I hope it goes better next time. What a shame I hope the other PCK squad doesn't "Damping off"
IMG_20231226_145819.jpg

revegeta666

I eliminated the two mutants, you should not reproduce mutants so I killed them, I was thinking of reproducing Pakistan with the four specimens with the two that came out in the first packet and the two normal specimens from the second packet of seeds.
It was going to be a fairly poor reproduction of only 4 copies. When transplanting the seedlings after germination, transplant them into a professional CANNA soil substrate. very bad choice of substrate, it came with mildew, it produced "Damping off" it killed quite a few seedlings that had recently germinated, including a PCK. That is to say, I screw up my reproduction. water with water with a little hydrogen peroxide and sprinkle with a little copper oxychloride if you save the rest. (do not use the CANNA substrate for transplanting seedlings or seedlings, because it comes with mildew)
View attachment 18938257

I'll have to wait to have money to buy some more seed packets. I hope it goes better next time. What a shame I hope the other PCK squad doesn't "Damping off"
View attachment 18938258

I have used Canna soil for many years, and never had any issues like this. Any brand of soil can give you problems if the bags were not stored in good condition, or had holes in the plastic. In all my years I only ever had one bag of Biobizz soil that contained visible mycelium and disposed of it. A couple of times I had a bag that came with fungus gnat eggs. Also Biobizz.

Commercial soils are "cooked" to take care of unwanted pests so this doesn't happen often at all, much less with Canna.

Don't kill mutant plants when they are so young. Mutations are common in strains with a high level of endogamy. Most times mutations will show in young seedlings, then plants will grow out of it normally and by the time they are adults you forget they had any kind of mutation in the first place.

Don't water with peroxide, as you are killing any beneficial microorganisms in the soil, including beneficial funghi that fight other funghi responsible for damping off. If you don't want life of any kind in your soil, use coco.

If a fungus was responsible for the damping off of your plants, it's more likely that it came from not cleaning your pots, trays, floor and window:
IMG_20231221_142257_HDR.jpg

Everytime I have to transplant, the day before I will wash all the pots thoroughly with bleach, peroxide and/or vinegar.

arbac

Yes, it is true that he recycles pots, but they were submerged in water with chlorine for three days, but you are right, it may have been a source of contamination. also the window. The thing is that I transplanted with two substrates, one "top crop" and the "canna" and only those on the CANNA substrate gave "Damming off", those that I transplanted to the "top crop" substrate there were none with "Damming off" None of them had the neck injury that causes the plants to fall. In addition, the CANNA substrate comes with quite a few pieces of bark (suberina), pieces of wood and roots and some fibers similar to the fibers that come out of the decomposition of the stem of the inflorescences of some types of trees, several of these elements are quite prone to being poorly disinfected.
800px-Illustration_Populus_nigra0.jpg

I always germinate in coconut fiber, which provides mycorrhizae to the plants, then I do the first transplant to a more nutritious substrate. The truth is, I leave my plants outdoors and they are exposed to the wind which can bring all kinds of spores, bacteria and even insects. But I am clear about one thing, which is that the only seedlings I had a problem with were the ones I transplanted into the canna substrate. Adult plants are not susceptible to damping off. That is why I only recommend that you do not use it in transplanting seedlings. In adult transplants there is no problem. Canna is a substrate with very good nutrition.

arbac

Regarding peroxide, I know that it is an oxidant that can also oxidize mycorrhizae, acetobacter, lactobacilli, yeasts and a lot of other beneficial and symbiotic plant microorganisms. I applied peroxide only after having seedlings with "damping off", after a few days I will add microorganisms to the seedlings that were exposed. peroxide and copper oxychloride. After the seedlings fell from the canna substrate, I have germinated some seeds again, from Nepal Kathmandu and transplanted a "top crop" substrate and there are no signs of "damping off" in them.

arbac

Revegeta666
Chile is very far from the Canna substrate production center, as you say it can be a problem in storage or in transportation by sea on a very long trip. The truth is I have no way of knowing. but I have something. Maybe it's just that the canna substrate is so nutritious that it awakens a sensitivity to a fungal infection, what is clear to me is that with the "Top crop" substrate it doesn't happen to me. and it is a more economical batting substrate.

arbac

I don't know if it works, but I'm trying to root. the PCK that the "Damming off" injured the neck. hoping it works, although logic tells me the probability is very low.

arbac

the PCK that had fallen through the "Damping off", I had cut off the piece of stem where it had been extragulated and I started it to root. result, so again 4 plants in the pile.
IMG_20240103_114405.jpg

the seedlings with extragulated necks, the three that had the longest stem. (including PCK) I cut off what was affected and started them to root. PCK was the first to take root