What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Green PCK mother maturing seeds

Green PCK mother maturing seeds

A pic of a flower of our Green PCK mother, she was pollinated also with a PCK male (purple one), she could be harvested a few days ago, but we are over maturing her a bit more to get the best seed quality possible (bigger, healthier seeds, with better germination rates and that can be stored for longer time).

Attachments

• Green PCK 2 Verde bud2 early October.jpg
    Green PCK 2 Verde bud2 early October.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 35

Hmong

Veteran
Hey Dubi

First of all, to say your interest is very apreciated :tiphat:

Could you provide a link with more info about the line ?

I wish I could give you a link, but allow me a little background story from my personal experience. From the current status of information, the breeder who once offered those seeds does not do business anymore. They have changed websites repeatedly for the last few years and are now even offline. It seems they had ripped more than only a bunch of people off. Simply by just stealing their money in most cases, myself included. In 2012 I've ordered Hmong Hilltribe from their website at that time present. It worked out, altough I had to write them several emails, they had to replace my original order partly with something else, since they told me they are sorry for the delay, but have ran out of Hmong Tribe ftm. They could sent me 2 Packs and something else for the rest, or I could just wait for more to come, eventually^^
I took the deal, and after 2 months or so I got my seeds. thats sad isnt it? After the first HH where a success, i searched the whole web for more and finally found a new retail site of that very breeder, with HH still offered. But that time they ripped me off too, never got any seeds to this day. So from my status of information, there is litte to no info about this strain on the Internet, seeds are exhausted and according to the description where collected in situ.

Bushweeds "Laos Border Thai" is very similar to Hmong Hilltribe. Which has been originally described as "Hmong Hilltibe Highland Thai" originating in the Golden Triangle area, at the Thai/Laos Border. Traditionally grown by the Hmong native people, although its said officially they are only allowed to grow hemp, but thats some pretty ass potent hemp then, I can tell you that haha

Is it a citric/lemony thai, perfumey or woody ? With a clean and positive effect or more electric/nervous ?

my personal experience growing and smoking 6 phenos, is as following:

the smell in flowering is sweet, floral, a bit tropical fruits, a carrot/mango note was unmistakenably noticeable also in the dried flowers. Its sure not that lemony/citric type and also not that hazy/woody type, at least to a certain extend.
about the taste of the end produkt, one got to be honest, it was just herb in the end, it took over 8 months to finally mature them from seed and they had to flower during summer, most of the terpenes where lost before they even got hung upsidedown.
But the potency was there, and i had a hard time figuring out what effect it has. First it seems like its as potent as hay, but its a real creeper, after 20mins or so you are fully aware of that there is an effect, since its that clear you wont expect it to be weed and I haven't had a pure tropical sativa before and so for no comparison at all.
It ranges from a little uplift with motivating vibes, where you smoke yourself up to a "big buddha grin all around happy and active" kind of high, finally up to a cocainelike paranoia if smoked only and on a daily basis. I don't recommend to do that, denpending on ones personality it could cause some depression, shizophrenia and psychosis.
There was also one pheno more psychodelic, with a strong bright effect on vision and sound. people liked it as a party weed, since you just cant crash on it. It keeps you awake like speed, the more the better it seemed.

Smoked in a Joint it has less effect than in a vaporizer. vaporized at 210-220 °C in my experience you get that full high, even with a mild pleasing stone and slightly red eyes. But pure as a joint, one can overdo it very easily in crave for that reliefing "hit". Also since the smoke does not expand at all on the exhale, it lacks any harshness which would stop you otherwhise^^. The high may also be very mind expanding, allthough the clearness suffers with rising dosage of course. when smoked before bed, it takes you on a wild ride to Crazythoughtstown, making nights to days and with heavy consumption, people reported, they got kinda depressed after 2 weeks, because their deep fundamental thinking was enhanced and they started to question even life. some frieds even call it "The Suicide Weed" haha

Its flowering time is as meantioned at least 16 weeks and has an open end. light reduction is highly recommended (11/13 to flip) (10/14 to finish)
the stretch is massive, 12/12 fs and solide topping/LST is the best way to go, under 18/6 they grow very slow.

I'll catch up with the rest of your post later in detail

btw here a few pics of Hmong Hilltribe 2014:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

greetings,
Hmong

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Hmong,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with your thai with us, they are very hard sativas to work with indoors, especially from seed, and to find that 'special one' could take years of efforts (only if the line is worth, not all the thais are good ones), sorry to hear the seller didn't provide you a good service.

Looks like at the end you found interesting effects and aromas in that line, my favourite thais are the lemony ones with a very refreshing positive uplifting effect (for example Koh Chang), i like lesser the electric, nervous and paranoid ones.

Lately i had the pleasure to enjoy a short holidays in Laos and Thai border and to try different strains from Hmong, they were all great and i really hate my self for not getting more viable seed, although security was a my main concern as i was crossing borders that sometimes are not very friendly towards this things.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Coming back to Pakistan Chitral Kush topic :)

A beautiful Purple PCK from this season that a czech grower wanted to share with us. Thank you very much ;)

Attachments

• PCK czech republic 2015.jpg
    PCK czech republic 2015.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 34

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high Aquitaine,
well my PCK has not a heavy odor...
My last dutch indica's had a much more noticeable odor.
It's for me a very stealthy plant in kind of odor.
M.:tiphat:

Hmong

Veteran
high Aquitaine,
well my PCK has not a heavy odor...
My last dutch indica's had a much more noticeable odor.
It's for me a very stealthy plant in kind of odor.
M.:tiphat:

Thats because the Dutch used to make amlost only Afghani Crosses, they have those pungent skunk flavours and knockout effect, Kush on the other Hand is different in high and flavours, coloured varieties (Chitral) are sweeter/berry smelling, but still hashy and have less of a physical effekt, where as green Lines like X18 are more hashy with a citric note and have a good medical effect (less THC to CBD).

@ topic:

that's another beautiful specimen dubi, a true bonita ;)

I've planed to pop some of my PCK stock in spring 16, to run outdoors for the first time.
Would you say they are worth a try in the alps @ 47,5°N and 1200m above sealevel, where nights are cold and weather isn't always optimal?
Season usually ends in last week of Sept thats when the heavy rain starts and temperatures drop to +1/+5 C° at night and rise around +6/+15 C° during the day depending on rainfall. During this 2 week period the suns is almost absent, after that it comes back and temps rise a bit. So far random strains did not yield proper under such conditions, since they where just half way trough flowering when it got shitty. I'd need something with an early onset and the ability to endure suchs conditions in finishing state without mold (Afghanis don't, like you mentioned above)

thx a lot

greets Hmong :tiphat:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
How smelly is PCK in an outdoor situation ?

Hi Aquitaine,

Pure PCK aroma is quite moderate, pleasant sweet floral aromas in the room while flowering, but the aromas are much more discreet than the typical skunk afghani dutch hybrids.

goldmund

How smelly is PCK in an outdoor situation ?

high aquitaine(fr??)i had a green dominant pheno and i can tell you this is a great strain for outddoor,you wont be deceived.
great producer and great resistance to mold,the odor is very unique and can ben quite powerful...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59171&pictureid=1386530
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59171&pictureid=1386526
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59171&pictureid=1386522

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
high aquitaine(fr??)i had a green dominant pheno and i can tell you this is a great strain for outddoor,you wont be deceived.
great producer and great resistance to mold,the odor is very unique and can ben quite powerful...

Welcome goldmund,

Thanks for sharing your outdoor PCK, looks indeed very well developed, beautiful flowers! I'm glad you are satisfied with the aromas and its outdoor/mold resistance. She is quite a purple pheno, isn't?

goldmund

Welcome goldmund,

Thanks for sharing your outdoor PCK, looks indeed very well developed, beautiful flowers! I'm glad you are satisfied with the aromas and its outdoor/mold resistance. She is quite a purple pheno, isn't?

it's a very good outdoor strain,yes she is quite purple but not as others i had,some where almost black wich where less interessing in term of yield/potency.
i'm also interested in violeta,could someone(dubi) tell me what are the main diferencies between pck and violeta.
thanks

Hmong

Veteran
as we talked about some time ago, here an Example of a

Hmong Hilltribe Thai/Laos Landrace x PCK f1

fd01

picture.php

fd55

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope this one will take only ~100 days, but you never know. they definately enjoy shorter day hours, I reduced to 10,5/13,5 over the last week.

I can highly recommend PCK if you are looking for a tool, to "improve" pure sativas without compromising them too much.
It also adds a great cold resistance, from what I've experienced so far.

greetings Hmong

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful and exciting cross Hmong!

I have lots of positive experiences by crossing african sativas with pck ....
american sativas x pck crosses work great also as far as i have tried,
but i have little experience with SE asians x PCK hybrids.

Yours looks appealing. Well done!!

Hope they match your expectations.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
CBG now has the Purple Mexican available on the ACE site. 79 oaxacan X purple pck. I may have to sit on these seeds or reverse one just for self pollination. Should be some great seeds to keep on hand for many years. I have some purple haze X purple Malawi. A cross hybrid of the two could be a very interesting project. I'm currently studying how to change my grow room into a tropical environment. Sativa's??? Peace

Sativied

Veteran
Thats because the Dutch used to make almost only Afghani Crosses,
If you were talking exclusively about outdoor varieties you'd be correct but US crosses are often afghanicas crosses, many the pretty much the same too, dutch are lots of haze, nl (which yes is afghani too) and skunk (which damnit... Yes contains afghani too). Kush and afghani have always been the cheap bud here in NL but it seems so many tourists have been asking shops for kush that it's making a comeback.

I don't like pure kush at all, afghani neither. Good for hash and to source traits but I do love these PCK plants.

I got the whole set in females that is green pheno, red pheno, purple pheno, and a pink pheno. Also have a blood red male. The red and purple are very colorful, intens. The pink one has a better bud structure and looks like it will yield much better. More frosty, and last but not least, she smells very good. The other don't smell. All the stems smell exactly like what I don't like about kush, the earthy fungus smell.

Pics are all from the pink. Vegged much longer than usual cause I have some other plants going I wanted to veg to maturity first

Top view, love the phyllotaxy on the pink one too:
picture.php

Terminal:
picture.php

Lower bud:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts