What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hello,

please can anyone tell me how frequently the black and purple leaf phenos like you see on the facebook page tend to pop up ?, are they quite frequent etc ?; they are very pretty.

thanks

Hello Collembola,

Most of the parental plants we have been using to produce the PCK stock belong to purple/pink phenos. You will find very easily good colorful phenos in every pack.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome AVAIKI,

Judging by your pic, your strain looks more afghani influenced than pakistani.
Is it maybe a blueberry or bubba ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a beauty MountZionCollec,

Looks like it will be ready in 3-4 weeks, real nice flower/leaf ratio and colors, the yield will be also good. Props to the farm!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Green PCK mother mid flowering

Green PCK mother mid flowering

Here's the green PCK mother from clone in early Sept, almost reaching mid flowering, quite pollinated.

Attachments

• DSC08898.jpg
    DSC08898.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC08897.jpg
    DSC08897.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 19

baokubu

Pakistan chitral kush standard purp phwno

Attachments

• IMG_20150911_112750.jpg
    IMG_20150911_112750.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20150911_112741.jpg
    IMG_20150911_112741.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20150911_112811.jpg
    IMG_20150911_112811.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 18

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful baokubu,

Classic Purple PCK :D thanks for share it.

Feel free to share the new Purple PCK x Panama if you have the chance ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Purple PCK maturing outdoors in mid Sept

Purple PCK maturing outdoors in mid Sept

First 3 pics are the Purple PCK mother selected by a good friend in 2011, very early flowering, colorful, compact size, resistant, lovely strawberry/blackberry aromas, ready in mid September.

Fourth pic is another PCK mother also selected in 2011, similar to the previous one but a bit taller and better yielding, not so aromatic.

In the last 2 pics, the original purple PCK mother from 2002, it's the mother that we have used to produce most of our PCK releases and all the PCK fem crosses. She is a bit lankier and needs 10 days more to finish than the other 2, but has the most refined strawberry/blackberry aromas we have found after many years and generations working with this line.

Attachments

• PCK P cogollo3.jpg
    PCK P cogollo3.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 27
  • PCK P cogollo2.jpg
    PCK P cogollo2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 27
  • PCK P cogollo.jpg
    PCK P cogollo.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 24
  • PCK Pi cola mediadios de Sept2 (2).jpg
    PCK Pi cola mediadios de Sept2 (2).jpg
    163 KB · Views: 30
  • PCK antigua  mediados de Septiembre.jpg
    PCK antigua mediados de Septiembre.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 29
  • PCK antigua  mediados de Septiembre2.jpg
    PCK antigua mediados de Septiembre2.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Old PCK mother reversed

Old PCK mother reversed

May interest you.... Here's the Old Purple PCK mother reversed, should open the flowers next week to pollinate different strains. Sorry for the quality of the pics, it was a very sunny windy day.

Attachments

• Old Purple PCK mother reversed.jpg
    Old Purple PCK mother reversed.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Old Purple PCK mother reversed2.jpg
    Old Purple PCK mother reversed2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 19

jay sus

astounding! such a cluster of male flowers! if you reverse plants sex does it always produce identical floral clustering as female?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jaysus,

Reversed females usually produce more compact flower male clusters than a 'normal' male.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Purple PCK early Sept from seed

Purple PCK early Sept from seed

A Purple PCK from seed reaching mid flowering a few weeks ago in early September, shared by Bakki, thanks :tiphat:

Attachments

• PCK Bakki bud early Sept3.jpg
    PCK Bakki bud early Sept3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 24
  • PCK Bakki bud early Sept.jpg
    PCK Bakki bud early Sept.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 23

Hmong

Veteran
Here a Thai x PCK F1 homemade cross, I,ve popped 5 testseeds and so far 2 have shown sex.

picture.php

I hope its ok to show them here and keep you updated? I thought maybe someone is interested to see a cross between a PCK green male and a pure tropical sativa.

male:

picture.php

female:

picture.php

1love :tiphat: Hmong

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Of course Hmong :)

Feel free to post the progresses of your thai x green PCK F1 hybrid.

I did a Purple Haze x Purple PCK cross many years ago and it worked great.

PCK lowers down a lot the flowering time in sativas of moderate/short flowering, i have plenty of experience with african sativa x pck hybrids, but not so much with hybrids between ultra long flowering tropical sativas x pck. If your thai is a thai of 20 weeks of flowering (like they usually are) then expect your hybrid will take at least 3 months to fully mature, hopefully i'm wrong and you can find earlier nice expressions.

Good luck!

Hmong

Veteran
thanks for that viable info, dubi.

I too expected them to take around 3 months to mature, since they show preflowers which the Thai did not at all under 18/6. Interesting you mention that, indeed my motherplants where 6 Hmong Hilltribe female phenos which took from 17 up to 26 weeks to mature under 600hps indoors (which is a horrible inviornment for them, the end up very whispy)

my goal isn't in shorting the flowering time per se
I had got my hands on 20 seeds of this thai and popped 10 last year, sadly I endet up with 6 Females and no Male. And even the girls did not hermy at all^^
which you normally want to, but you might put a blind eye to it if it fits your purpose of preservation in its pure form. Before flowering i took clones of course but after sexing I knew i had to come up with some idea to safe those genes in the best way possible in a seed form. I knew there was no rush to produce a viable pollenchucker during the ramaining flowering time, but it had to be a pure line too.
So i checked my seedstash and chose PCK as a promising option since its truebreeding traits are quite known and so are more predictable to outcross.
I popped a few PCK and lost all, except 2 to a badly mixed soil. In the end i had a green Male and a green Female. the male was ready to shed pollen 11 weeks into thai flowering and i openly dusted the whole growbox with it.
got a few oz of this F1 seeds to work with in the future. the goal is to steadily select for thai traits and backcross a matching male to those 10 beans of the pure Hmong Hilltribe I've got left, in case i end up without a male again, which we know is common with tropical landraces

the clones I took from the first run got lost, those 10 beans are all thats left of this line.
but for this last 10 beans I got varous options now to continue further in such a case.
thx to you also btw ;)

I'm running Panama atm and will keep a male clone just in case, to do a Sativa/Sativa F1 Hybrid, which imho is more promising in to long run to preserve those pure Sativa genes.

the best option for preservation would be feminizing I guess, but I've never done that before.

mabe you could pass on some of your wisdom to a novice in the art of breeding :)

greets Hmong

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Hmong,

Sounds like you have a very interesting preservation/breeding project with the Hmong Hilltribe Thai.
Could you provide a link with more info about the line ? Is it a citric/lemony thai, perfumey or woody ? With a clean and positive effect or more electric/nervous ?

It's a pitty that you couldn't find a pure thai male to reproduce your thai females before they were lost, sometimes it's really hard to find good and pure males (non hermie) in extreme SE asian tropical sativas.
Hope the last seeds of the line germinate well so you can continue with its preservation in pure form.

The Thai x PCK cross should be interesting as a hybrid, PCK usually makes great hybrids with many kinds of different sativas, PCK colors and aromas are quite dominant when it is outcrossed with sativas, but respects very well the psychoactivity of the sativa, much better than crossing thais with afghanis which makes the effect much heavier and adds lots of sensibility against wet conditions and mold.

I'm sure you can find great expressions in the F2,F3, ... generations of your hybrid, maybe looking for good early flowering phenos with the highest thai influence in the smoke.
It would take many many generations to completely avoid the indica traits once the thai is crossed with indica, i'm not sure it can even be done.

Best wishes!

Latest posts

Latest posts