What's new

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

Red_Nine

Hey Stoned...Go to the top of the page and you will see user menu. Click on that, then when the menu drops down, click upload photos. After you upload them, start to post a message, and at the bottom you will see your pics. Just click on the one you want. Once you figure this out let me know, and I'll tell you how to make your pics full size if you want. If this doesn't make sense let me know.
BTW, get better so you can enjoy that smoke.

yukonweedman

Hey Welcome StoneStupid grow partner. My two are already in soiless mix and have an two coming hope this evening four NL and one G13 .. Well I hope you can have good success as me Happy grow..

xOOx

wow, keep up the great pics everybody - all of your buds are out of control. props to all. i just wish mine would look like some of those pics, i got the mini-me mini bud version - they still give you a nice stoning though, even light an airy! ;)

one day maybe i'll try a run with hps, but i just have a feeling they will still look the same, its the strain's unique trait.

i'm at day 17 flower right now, not much going on to show, she's just starting to push a handful of pistils, but she usually explodes all at once in the next few days or so.

xoox

Red_Nine

xOOx, not sure what kind of light you're using, but I'd bet an HPS would really increase the thickness of your buds. What strain are you growing again? Some strains are more airy than others, but when I first switched from floros to HPS back in the day, I couldn't believe the difference it made. My buddy kept telling me to switch, but I didn't know where to get one and didn't want to spend the money. But in my opinion, it really is worth it. Either way,it's the high that counts, and as long as you're getting a good stone, that's all that matters. :rasta:

I'll be starting to flush tonight. One week to go until the chop.

J

jipedestran

xOOx said:
wow, keep up the great pics everybody - all of your buds are out of control. props to all. i just wish mine would look like some of those pics, i got the mini-me mini bud version - they still give you a nice stoning though, even light an airy! ;)

one day maybe i'll try a run with hps, but i just have a feeling they will still look the same, its the strain's unique trait.

i'm at day 17 flower right now, not much going on to show, she's just starting to push a handful of pistils, but she usually explodes all at once in the next few days or so.

xoox

its like that Beyonce song the kids all love.....You need to UPGRADE to the HID lighting.

peace
jip
(I'm going home to burn it down, so.....GHOSTRIDE)

wow that is what not smoking all day long will do to me.

J

jipedestran

Philly pride,

I followed your link to your show.....no joke very nice looking on the first page.

but I am intrigued. The picture you posted of the Commercial Bubba Kush looks just like the herbs that I posted about previously. The stuff that I got the seeds out of. I buy herb usually about twice a year. How sick would that be if it was the same stuff? did that have a really perfumy flavor? i swear that is the same stuff, super tight structure
alll gone now anyway except the seeds

back to lifesaver and Mothers finest as they are being taken home over the next few days.

peace
jip

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
xOOx: Sounds to me like you've got her dialed in pretty good. Like Red says, if you're pleased w/the results, that's all that matters. My first few grows were w/4 ft shop lights, and I kinda liked the popcorn bud. It was easy to trim, and you didn't have to grind it up. Just pop off a little nug and "stick that in your pipe and smoke it" LOL. However, (LOL) depending on how many watts fluoro you're running, switching to HPS will probably save you money right away. $20 plus shipping will get you a 150 watt HPS that is VERY easy to turn into a remote balast grow light.
http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=7&FGNumber=E-MT6H151G
I should get kick backs as much as I promote these guys LOL
BearfootLove They need one of those little smilies that drools LOL. Plant looks great man. How's the family?

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Hey guys. I ran into this thread and i thought you guys would like to view it.
Click on the link and when that page loads up, click the middle (second) link out of the three: John Horton, White House Drug Control Office & Allen St. Pierrie, NORML

http://12.170.145.161/search/basic....marijuana&image1_x=0&image1_y=0&image1=Submit

if you don't have real player or simply cannot get the link to work, it is on Youtube, the second part of the video is in the "related videos" section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFOdVUR4PxQ&NR=1

You're welcome!!

- SubN

P.S. you MIGHT notice that 10/10 callers are against the fed govt......

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a few pics, mpre over at the hutt.....

a few pics, mpre over at the hutt.....

got my ladies looking mostly lush again with the PBP use.
so i took some long overdue pics for you guys to enjoy :)

the whole shabang:

things are looking better every day here.
those teas sure did make for a sad frank :(
i also was being cheap and not mixing in any EWC w/ my soil.
the EWC sure do make the girls more forgiving.

Red_Nine

CF...I was planning on using PBP for my next run. I am assuming from your statements that it's your favorite. Do you use the soil blend? That's what I used to use in soil, but for my first couple runs in the ebb and flow I went with what I knew which was the BC line. I don't want to use it anymore, it's what I used in my cash crop days. I've heard great things about the PBP line, so just wanted to confirm your recommendation. It's between that and Dr. Hornbys Iguana line, which is made up of pretty much the same ingredients. Both are 1 part. Do you use any additives with the PBP? BTW, one of my StrawD x ABK seeds popped today. Gonna try to make you proud bro.

I wanted to make a recommendation for all you guys with smaller grows. If you aren't familiar with the scrog technique, check into it. I used this on a small scale with my current grow, and I'm really happy with the results. You get all big nugs, no small stuff as you trim everything under the canopy. You use a screen to keep everything at the same level by weaving the buds under it. You are essentially growing horizontally instead of vertically. Next run I plan to fill the whole screen correctly. If done right, it's hard to beat the yields. When I used a mills pride cabinet back in the day this is what I used, and in a 2x2 foot space I was getting 4-8 oz yields depending on strain. Thats with a 250 watt HPS.

xOOx

red, vintner:

yeah i know i should upgrade to hps, i'm using shops right now, about 192watts. but i know 150 hps would use less power and produce slightly more lumens. but when i started this i really didn't think it would work, and after a few harvests i kinda sticking to what has worked for me.

do you think a 150 hps would produce more heat then the 3 shoplights in a completely sealed closet? with the door closed, the temps pretty much never go over 84-86 in the winter during lights on. i was afraid the hps would burn hotter then the fluros, and didn't want to spend the $.

the closet is completely silent except for when the ozone gen kicks on, and that's hardly audible. so remote ballast outside the closet is not possible, as it will probably make a buzzing sound that i can't have. (yeah i know digital..but thats even more $)

xoox

xOOx

i'll say it again amazing pics everyone.

i'm wondering if a strain will get more frosty with more lumens?

i know in theory it should, but shouldn't genetics play a role in its trich production? this unknown strain i have produces most of her trichs only on the fat calyxs and a little bit visibly out into the blade leaves. but under the scope she has tons and tons and tons of very small/tiny trichs, even on the leaves.

other more frosty plants that i've seen in flower pics have had fewer trichs but much more visible to the naked eye trichs, where you can even tell clear,milky,or amber just with a 10x loupe. my girl has tons of tiny ones packed together, so you need to use a 60x or more to see the heads color. but the frosty is visible to the eye, looks like powdered sugar diamonds. i've read many a thread where trichome production is no indication of potency, and i believe it because i've sampled incredibly frosty bud (leaves, stems, all over the place) and it seemed to wear off quickly right after the good buzz just got going somewhere.

has anyone run the same clone under fluro and hps and noticed a big difference in trichs? obviously bud bulk will increase, but trichs ?

xoox

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
xOOx: The difference isn't so much in lumens as it is in light intencity. you're 190 watts are spread over a much larger area than the light from a 150. Yes, the 150 would put out a lot more heat than your shop lights. Especially if you don't make the balast remote. Your ventilation set up will determine if your grow space can manage more heat, but I agree w/you. Stick w/what works for you. I ran the same strain under fluoro and hps, and didn't really see a difference in trich production, but maybe someone else can answer that question better for you.

jipedestran said:
Philly pride,

I followed your link to your show.....no joke very nice looking on the first page.

but I am intrigued. The picture you posted of the Commercial Bubba Kush looks just like the herbs that I posted about previously. The stuff that I got the seeds out of. I buy herb usually about twice a year. How sick would that be if it was the same stuff? did that have a really perfumy flavor? i swear that is the same stuff, super tight structure
alll gone now anyway except the seeds

back to lifesaver and Mothers finest as they are being taken home over the next few days.

peace
jip

Thanks Bro, and to answer your ? I have no Idea if what you had/have is the same as the commercial Bubba Kush pics I posted, maybe if you post some pics and we go back and forth about the texture/smell/High/aesthetics we can get the answer, but hey if it was some kick ass bud and you have a few seeds I say let em rip and find out what they truly are :lurk: Good luck

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Nice pics Frank, im glad everything is back in order for you. I know how it feels when the ladies take a dive for the worse. Makes you feel like you're hurting them.

Inject - whoa dude! look at those purps!!!! What does she taste like?? Smell?? That shit looks awesome!!!

- SubN

InjectTruth

Damn Bearfoot! Centerfold status!

SubN - Thanks for the props dude! She reminds me very much of the WR mom, with her round calyxes, grapey "round" smell, not skunky or diesely at all. Im proud to say the bud is 100% genetically purple, no cold temps or even attempt at coloration. Just got lucky!

Never had any west coast purples but Her Majesty smells and tastes so unique, I have a hard time describing it better than, "Err, well, it tastes... purple!" The smoke is very smooth and tasty, it hits those two spots in the rear of the mouth/throat I call the Zang spots. You know, when you have a sour candy or something strong flavored, ZANG!