What's new

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
subn, the 600's are wired at 220v, they are under 3 amps a piece, just about 6 amps total.
all 2400w of flower power run on 240v, just about 12 amps.
im on a double pole 20a breaker, more than ample.
at 120v it would be twice that.

p.s. i knew all you cough *fags* cough wanted my BPP in your mouth LOL

Red_Nine

Thanks Money, I was thinking the same thing about the SDxOG. It looks really nice. Knowing how good the Bubba is, and the genetics the SDxOG came from, I can't wait to see how it turns out. You never know about looks. It is smelling pretty good. A pungent lemony aroma with a hint of pine.

Sub...Just my :2cents: but I bought a 200 watt cfl for my moms and I'm not happy with it. I'm going back to shoplight floros because I don't have the cash for a MH. The cfl just isn't nearly as bright as I was expecting. Using shoplight, I can cover more area as well. The cost difference isn't enough for me to use it as a determining factor. I use a single 600watt HPS for flowering with a 3x3 foot ebb and flow tray in a 4x4 foot room. For veg the room is about 4' wide and 1 1/2' deep. I do my clones in the same space off to the side.

Yeah will be more than straight with that set up CF way to tap into the Bob Villa side of the brain!
Hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend :rasta:

OK the Bubba Kush is down and ready for cure. 15 day dry and let me give a proper salute to the man CF :friends:
I was only Hoping for my Bubba to be close to the Kushes I normally run across that run commercially from $600-$800oz. I had no idea that this Bubba Kush would shoot to the top 3 Kushes I have ever smoked and this is without a cure simply stunning and incredible :yoinks: my version of a smoke report in my diary. I know a big difference between the Commercial Bubba/OG Kushes and This Bubba Kush cross is the freshness of the herb vs being Vacuumed sealed and beatened up during shipment so I do understand that the commercial Kushes may be as good or better before they get manhandled. but my mind is made up I have to dial her in and run with her for years she is now a new member of the family hopefully for life!

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Thanks for your opinions guys.
Hey Red - I understand money can be tight, believe me! I' just checked around on the internet and i found out that a 250w MH ballast can be had for about $40 bucks. Depending on where you live it shoudl only be another ten or so to ship, so figure $50 for a 250w MH ballast without a bulb. I think you can get those at home depot or lowes.
I think i've decided to go with a 400w'er. The 600 is a bit more expensive and the bulbs aren't readily available like the 75s, 150s, 250s and 400s. I can get 400s at HD/Lowes if i need replacements. Plus i still need to make use of that Bake A Round cooling tube and only up to the 400w bulb will fit.
I think i'll veg under my 175 MH and use my 150/400 for flowering. 550W ain't bad!

- SubN

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Last edited:

InjectTruth

Thats where I saw it, Vintner posted it! That was in this thread wasnt it? DOH! Such a stoner move!

I knew I saw it somewhere. Vintner is the man!

vintner

Veteran
InjectTruth said:
Thats where I saw it, Vintner posted it! That was in this thread wasnt it? DOH! Such a stoner move!

I knew I saw it somewhere. Vintner is the man!
NP man. I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.
Great prices there. 250 watt HPS for $95, 400 watt HPS for $120. Large variety fo MH too. You might want to check it out SubN.

Santa CF dropped off some elites for the New Year
I will smoke one each day and smoke report the goodies in my Diary but I do see what people rave about. :rasta:
SFV OG Kush

InjectTruth

How's the beast flowin for you cats? We wished it away for years, and finally, it went away! But it left nothing in its place!

Shit, grape ape commercial? I need to move...

AmishFarmer

InjectTruth said:
Shit, grape ape commercial? I need to move...
Yea I know,Philly is always bringing out those commercial strains like they are everywhere.I wish I had half the contacts he does.I tried buying off the street before,but when they see that horse and buggy they just run.Any way, about those lights from econolight,what would you need to do to them.Add a wire and plug?I was looking at 400w HPS and MH.The area lights or low bay.Any ideas?Thanks.AF

vintner

Veteran
AmishFarmer said:
.Any way, about those lights from econolight,what would you need to do to them.Add a wire and plug?I was looking at 400w HPS and MH.The area lights or low bay.Any ideas?Thanks.AF
I'm not sure about those 2 lights Amish. I got one of the $20 vapor lights (150watt) myself, and yes, all you need to use it right out of the box is a proper size electric cord w/a male plug on one end. I think I also had to add a wire clamp. (the thingy on the side of a junction box that the wire feeds through and snugs it into place.) If you want to remote balast one of those other lights, you might need to buy a smaller utility box of some type to house the components. Of course you can always do the getto thing like CF. Aint no shame in that LOL

Hello everyone I would like to introduce myself. I am from the Amish country over in Lancaster county. I am rather new to the site & found my way to this local thread. I would like to say awesome pics. Always nice to know there are some beautiful flowers going on somewhere near by. As for myself I have been having the worst luck germanating seeds that I ever had. Normally in the past I would germanate the Normal mid grade bag seed crap thats always around & would have no problems getting sprouts with the old tried & true paper towel method. Currently I have seeds germing that havent done shit. one Strain is Nirvana's Bubblicious ( Bubblegum) & their White Rhino. I just started the Rhino so i am hoping to have better results then before but so far with the others all i get is a milky discharge either on a tip or along the side of the center seem but no actual sprouts any idea what the deal is? I am going to try & take pics. The first attempt ended up in blurry pics as the digi cam sucks for focusing in on small objects.

vintner

Veteran
Welcome S.S. As I'm sure you've seen, there's lots of friendly help here. I'm sure someone will chime in soon to offer some advice.

Vintner~~ Thanks for the welcome. :wave: BEarFootLove~~ :nono: Well Damn someone in my backyard. Nice to hear. Hope to get to know you better as time progresses. Who knows maybe we can burn at some point. :joint:

I really don't know whats going on with these beans. I never had a problem before. A friend of mine been thinking of mailing me some germed seeds but he isn't sure if they make it here alive from all the way from Alaska. A friend of mine from the northern end of the county said he might eventually be able to throw me a clone for Super Silver Haze when he germenates his fem seeds he got from his friends Arjan owner of Greenhouse Seed company for free last Cannabis Cup. Only thing with that is its a hit or miss if I reach him on the phone @ the right time when he does his grows as he doesnt keep Moms for very long. after a 6 months session he flowers all his moms & starts over the next yr after the cup. :fsu: If it were me I would keep a variety of strains.

Red_Nine

Stoned Stupid, welcome to the tri state thread. Just curious, but being that it's winter time, are you keeping the seeds in a warm place when you try to germ them? Make sure the paper towels are moist, but not wet enough to puddle water or anything. I usually wet the paper towel, then ring it out carefully, then unfold it and use it. If you want you can plant the seeds directly into dirt without germing them. This may work better for you. You can even just put the seeds in a cup of water and they will sprout in a day or so.

Let us know step by step exactly what you do and we should be able to get you going in no time.

AmishFarmer

Welcome Stoned Stupid,I think Red is on to something with the temps.This time of year I have to use a reptile heating device that is placed under the plate that has the wet towel on it.Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts