What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Welcome Back Ogrefugee, it is an honor to post in your thread. In this journey of life good karma and positive energy really do bring good things full circle.

Welcome back ogrefugee. IVe heard a lot of great things about ya. I have been down the same road myself, not drug charges, but I can relate to the feeling of freedom!!
Weather has been shit for us outdoor growers. Been raining and overcast for almost two weeks now. A few peeks of sun, but bud rot is starting to set in, and the rest of the plants will come down this week. Ive got a nice Casey Jones girl I wont worry about rushing, she is very resistant to pm and bud rot. Never a worry with her, and thats why she will be in my garden forever :D Good to see ya home OGREFUGEE!!

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
What up Tri-staters... :tiphat:

WB OG :friends:

picture.php

Afghani - 4 weeks

:joint:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
alrighty

alrighty

Hey guys and gals!

While I was on probation I wasn't able to cultivate safely so I didnt. But more importantly, I was able to spread my knowledge to a couple people who have gone on to have a couple successful harvests.

Here's what afoaf gifted to me. it's so rewarding to help someone become successful at this! they were even able to produce some of their own seeds. this is a cross between Jack Flash and... something else, I want to say a Mount Cook lady?

icmag_im_back.jpg

On another note, I was hoping someone here could give me some pointers as to what locations are ideal in our climate. I know the frost dates and all that jazz, I'm more interested in what soil conditions to look for, minimum amount of direct sunlight, and proximity to water source (there are many little rivers and streams in my area).

Thanks!
ogre

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Red clay soil, you wanna do it good haul your own in. Mix the native soil back in at 30%. Drought most summers, gonna have to make use of that water if you can. Always wanted to run lines myself, but carrying with my back is how it gets done. Watch for the flash floods we get when it rains for a day or three after being dry for a month or three. Then it likes to get wet end of Sept beginning of Oct to mold up whatever has made it thus far.
Sun needs to hit them soon as it comes up so it drys off the Morning Dew, then you want full sun all day as much as you can. Southern exposure :yes:
Keep the numbers down and start with a few BIG holes. 50gal/100gal . Amend every year and dig more as you feel you can take care of them. Even just one well taken care of plant in a big hole will usually out produce 10/15 smaller plants that cannot be taken care of properly.
My experiences anyhow, hope it helps :tiphat: pics from 2yrs ago

picture.php

picture.php

Boomer89

Yeah idk exactly where you are, but I have shit dirt in my area. Its all wooded over here so its quite hard to find a good spot with no tall tree's blocking the sunlight. Facing southside is always best. I personally have only heard good things about raised beds, but in a guerilla type grow that may be out of the question. I also have never gotten a water system down.. Which is funny considering as I work for a well pump installer haha I have access to tons and tons of poly pipe, fittings, I could even throw a pump in a pond somewhere if I had a legitimate power source. I just wouldn't want to risk someone finding it because ultimately it will lead right to your garden.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
Thanks guys for the advice, pretty straight forward.

Now i wanna beat this dead horse and talk about the water situation.

When I lived in AZ the canal systems amazed me. They didn't rely on merely opening and closing gates or pipes. Instead they made heavy use of siphoning. With a simple draw of the breath the farmers could water the entire crop.

Granted they used more than just one hose (ok probably more like hundreds). But the important thing is how little energy it took to get the reaction started.
I want to try this:

• Find a decent SITTING water source (i have one in mind) that is level with or higher than your site.
  • Install a timed switch (say every 2 days) that triggers a battery powered siphon pump (~$30-$40).
  • Run pretty thin pipe because I'm betting these pumps are pretty weak, and hook it up to a car battery. Every year for the past 6 years I have powered my vegetable garden's deer fence (~450ft of line, .75 joules every 4 seconds), off a car battery and only need to charge it once a month. Assuming the pump is pretty wimpy I don't think you'd have to recharge much more often than that.
  • Do the math to figure out how long it should take to start the siphon and then kill the pump after that amount of time.
  • Do the math to figure out the volume of the pool of water, then how much you want to deliver per cycle. Place the inlet of the piping (more likely tubing on that end) at that water level to ensure the siphon will stop at the right time.

I think a lot of us don't run lines because of the difficulty of tying to a source and then regulating. The whole security thing is an issue, but certainly addressable with a shovel, U-stakes, and some sweat.

Wow that sounds like a ton of work. fuck i hate the war on drugs!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not beating a dead horse at all, water is a very important issue in all aspects of this. Have you read in the outdoor (misspelled outdeer at first LMAO) that forums lately ? Seen threads on individual rez's for each plant buried under ground. Could hook a solar panel high up in a tree and use that to charge your batery.
You run pipes i think best bet would be to bury them, no matter where you are.
Many ways to go about this, but please keep us posted and lots of pics too :smoke: I'm always thinking on ways to tweak the OD
situation :plant grow:
This year the heat was bad and my ride was busted all summer, so no carrying water. Last year it fuggin rained ALL summer and ALL fall, and mold raped me worst i have ever seen in my entire OD trials.
Getting to damn old for it :whiteflag: but every year i'm out humping dirt and water.

Boomer89

I think the hardest part will be achieving that low degree downwards pitch with the pipe. With a weak pump & no pressure build up even a 1" hump could mean no water to your plants.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
jus a thought im completly green to out door guerilla but plannin already to jump in next year... whats everyones thoughts on poly chrystals to water instead of runnin water lines etc...

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Shit, I'm still a noob at indoor, but I've been giving more and more thought to getting outside away from my ID.

Time to start readin' up. :dance013:

I'll leave this one with ya' guys ;)

picture.php

Ribsauce

Red clay soil, you wanna do it good haul your own in. Mix the native soil back in at 30%. Drought most summers, gonna have to make use of that water if you can. Always wanted to run lines myself, but carrying with my back is how it gets done. Watch for the flash floods we get when it rains for a day or three after being dry for a month or three. Then it likes to get wet end of Sept beginning of Oct to mold up whatever has made it thus far.
Sun needs to hit them soon as it comes up so it drys off the Morning Dew, then you want full sun all day as much as you can. Southern exposure :yes:
Keep the numbers down and start with a few BIG holes. 50gal/100gal . Amend every year and dig more as you feel you can take care of them. Even just one well taken care of plant in a big hole will usually out produce 10/15 smaller plants that cannot be taken care of properly.
My experiences anyhow, hope it helps :tiphat: pics from 2yrs ag

yea brother you hit it spot on...this year we didnt get any rain and all it felt like i did was carry water to different places...then the last 10 days of the season it decides to rain every day and i had to chop a little early to offset the mold...brother was also spot on when he said its better to go with a few large plants than more less "groomed" plants...dig your holes BIG, make a good soil that will feed your puppies and veg your plants starting at the end of winter so they already have a head start going out...my OD thread kinda got spoiled this year but i do have a few pics that i managed to get the one day it actually wasn't raining (i missed getting pics of alot of my big girls cause i had to take 'em down emergency styleee)

First two pics are Golden Skush, the third is Cali O x ESB and the last one is a little Sour Bubble i didnt put out till august 19th haha

Attachments

• 100_3238.jpg
    100_3238.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_3282.jpg
    100_3282.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_3265.jpg
    100_3265.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_3259.jpg
    100_3259.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 16
^^^That's a good question. Has anyone used them? I find that the more organic solids (ie. tiny bits of partially composted plant matter) I can mix into my soil, the less I have to water, and the better the soil retains moisture.
Safe growing all :ying:

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
We're gettin' too far down the line...

We're gettin' too far down the line...

What's up Tri-staters ? :wave:

picture.php

picture.php

.................................^^^^Afghani x ChemD^^^^

Stay safe & high :ying:

Peace,

SSM :joint:

ODTreez

looks good guys....my outdoor got trampled by deer and once the recovery was looking to be promising....rippers. fuck me. I need to find a NICE spot

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Lets Go E A G L E S

Cali Orange Pre Chop

G 13 Haze Pre Chop

Island Sweet Skunk 14 days

Grape Ape monsters 7 days these ladies are about to be manicured up nicely, I know you ask why are they soooo big, well Grape Ape does not yield unless grown large

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Wow those are sum monsters....i just received 40 grandy daddy purple clones....... correct me if im wrong but I think grape ape and gdp are related .....also I got 20 white russian clonez goin